[The McLaren Thread]-Welcoming The Name And The F1 To Gran Turismo!

Good thing is ive looked at some of the videos, and it's obvious the McLaren F1 road car's gonna be a premium ^^

Was there ever an official Nord. laptime for the Veyron... and the F1 as well?

Hakkinen has driven LM prototype in 1996 in 7:11 (but there is no official confirmation) which is exactly where I would put it, usual F1 would go around 7:30, Veyron was lapped 7:45 I think but it could get in less then 7:40 with a better driver.

I would be more surprised if the veyron held its tyres together for a full ring lap, low weight has many, many advantages beyond power/weight ratio.

usual F1 would go around 7:30

It wouldn't get anywhere near 7:30, even the light blue one with all the modifications to the suspension and brakes wouldn't get near 7:30.

Suspension is too soft, brakes too weak and tyres too outdated to get anywhere near that.

7:40 is pushing it as well to be honest, but it's probably more realistic.

I'd love to see a real lap of the F1 LM around the Nordschleife though, as I suppose would everyone else.

Hmm you could put newer tires (which would easily make those 10sec difference, EVO Magazine did that on another track), suspension although too soft for other tracks may be quite suitable for Ring because it has many many bumps (Volvo S60R does faster laps in "sport" than "advanced" mode which makes suspension harder) and brakes would be fine for that one lap, even newest ceramic brakes wouldn't bring more than 3-4 seconds over the full lap because the Ring is such track...at Monza however the original F1 brakes would really s**k.

tyres too outdated to get anywhere near that.

Its pretty unlikely that there is a single mclaren out there still running tyres from the mid 90's, even the ones that have only done a few hundred miles should be on there 4th new set by now courtesy of tyres having a use by date.

Slightly disappoint in what we got...

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
McLaren F1 '94
McLaren MP4-12C '10
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09

Guys a Veyron would demolish a Mclaren F1 around a track, Veyron's actually have very good handling. The new model recently just went around the top gear test track and posted the fastest time.

The Mclaren F1 is unfortunately out of date these days.

Guys a Veyron would demolish a Mclaren F1 around a track, Veyron's actually have very good handling. The new model recently just went around the top gear test track and posted the fastest time.

You may be right but wait untill the end of 2011 when you see what mclaren have next, trust me the veyron will be history round a track when the P12 is out.

You may be right but wait untill the end of 2011 when you see what mclaren have next, trust me the veyron will be history round a track when the P12 is out.

Sounds good, personally i can't wait to try the mp4-12c, i think it will be an amazing car.

You are talking about SuperSport, which is 200 HP stronger and many kg lighter..now let me ensure you that F1 LM would destroy even the SuperSport on the track.

How can anyone compare a soulless car like the Veyron with a 24h LeMans winner? :)

And yeah, its almost a shame that we didn`t get any old Mclaren F1 car :(
But the Mp4-12c is great! Better then nothing, I would guess.

I admire both, I would love to give a Veyron some go's, but i would want to own a McLaren F1.

More fun, naturally aspirated MPowered beast, in Racing Specs of course to get the noise, the switches (i want to switch on my fuel pumps myself)...

The veyron, to me is sophistication, spectacularly performing yet un-dramatic clockwork.

To me the F1 is THE McLaren.

No, THE Mclaren is the Mp4/4.
But honestly, I don`t get the meaning of all this Mclaren F1/Veyron comparisions. The Mclaren F1 is almost 20 years old.
It is a 24h LeMans winner.

Veyron is a modern hypercar. No one can deny that the Veyron is a masterpiece of engineering. But for me its just a coffee racer, just like a SLS AMG or all those Porsches.

No F40. No F1.

I know there's a photo forum for this, but I just had to share in the McLaren thread.
For us McLaren fans, this is truly a great moment... the official appearance of the F1 in Gran Turismo.
The sound and the handling ain't bad either... ;)
c621e088.jpg

5e857265.jpg

Yeah the gamestop code for it doesn't work lol

It's a issue at sonys end and should be corrected (eventually)
hopefully with in the week but still got a Nascar that i don't have to buy LOL

I saved up and bought a Mclaren F1 fresh off the show room floor in orange :sly:

Man it's hard to drive on the stock sports hard tyres! :dunce:
I've always wondered why it was so slow on the Best Motoring Tsukuba time attack, now I know why. It's hard to drive on the limit with these tyres, should be better with stickier rubber

In my first try, once I was able to stay on the track, I got around the same time 1'05+ vs 1'04.62. You have to be really ginger on the throttle much like in the video. It doesn't roll as much as the real thing though, and some camber would help plus getting rid of the default rear toe.

My stock GT-R Spec V whips it

Also has the best interior view of the road out of all the cars so far in GT5. Right in the middle :)
Really good visibility

But you can make it look like the LM version with the add ons in the GT Auto, but gees that costs 130k credits!

Vids to come :)

F'man, I'd love to get me a McLaren F1, but I just spent a bit of money trying to figure out a nice color for my Murc SV. I finally have it, but my main goal besides getting a FGT is to somehow get a McLaren F1.

Anyone have one to gift!?? :drool:

I made an Mclaren F1 video. Some Tsukuba, some Nurburgring rain.

Stock Mclaren F1 with it's hard sports tyres. Pretty hard to control without any aids and a wheel! You need to be careful with the throttle.

The LM imitation addons, wing, skirts and front splitter add extra downforce which helps, along with using sports medium tyres. Big difference in grip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMxCI5CBUE

Thanks for the vid CJ! Looks like a fun car to drive for sure, still saving for mine... with a few distractions not helping (Yellowbird, CarbonR). I was hoping the front bar would change as well as adding the splitter, I much prefer the look of the LM front in particular. Oh well, still looks pretty nice. I'm going for the McLaren orange for the imitation LM look too.

Thanks for the vid CJ! Looks like a fun car to drive for sure, still saving for mine... with a few distractions not helping (Yellowbird, CarbonR). I was hoping the front bar would change as well as adding the splitter, I much prefer the look of the LM front in particular. Oh well, still looks pretty nice. I'm going for the McLaren orange for the imitation LM look too.

Yeah it would have been easy for PD to model a new front bumper too!
Especially since the front splitter PD created actually fills in the front indent further inside

The F1 has the best cockpit view of all the cars for me so far, in terms of visibility 👍

Back