The Metal ThreadMusic 

for anyone who likes progressive metal, my band is realeasing an album.

https://chuvaemmarte.bandcamp.com/album/marte

it can be downloaded for free.

6nb3dyh.png

I've gotten into metal more and more throughout the years. However I never posted in this thread because my old computer didn't have sound. Now that I can actually watch and listen to videos with my new computer, I can occasionally contribute to the thread. :D

Apologies if these have been posted already, but I've really gotten into melodic death metal lately and love me some Scar Symmetry. I was impressed by the original singer, as he did both the growling as well as clean vocals. Unfortunately he left the band after their third album. Anyway, here's the first song off each of their first three albums.

I'll come right out and say it; I'm not a fan of metal. I enjoy select heavy metal, but I realize there's a difference between the two. Having said that, I'm really enjoying this:

Probably not what most would consider metal, certainly not what I would consider metal, but it's indeed from what is considered to be a metal act. Of course if there's anyone out there that does consider it metal--perhaps a sub-sub-genre--I'd be interested in more.

I know it's been mentioned a lot in this thread but Devin Townsend is just pure genius. I recently listened to Ocean Machine: Biomech and I can not stop listening to it.

I found out about these guys a few years back. During the clean vocals, the singer reminds me a lot of Chester Bennington from Linkin Park.

Let's take a look at the very early 90's. A great time for metal.

Pantera - Cowboys from Hell - 1990. Fantastic album. Fantastic song. Need I say more?

Megadeth - Tornado of Souls - 1990. Rust in Peace is my favorite earlier Megadeth album. I already posted Holy Wars, so I'll post this one. That solo...:drool:

Metallica - Wherever I May Roam - 1991. Lots to choose from on the Black Album. I could have posted Enter Sandman, but I feel that's heard enough.

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Tinkertrain - 1991. Also many to choose from on No More Tears. This was one of my favorite songs as a kid. Of course I had no idea at the time what lyrics were all about...:ill:

Came across this from Beartooth on Radio 1's Rock Show yesterday evening. I've not heard of them before but I'm liking this a lot.

I've gotten into metal more and more throughout the years. However I never posted in this thread because my old computer didn't have sound. Now that I can actually watch and listen to videos with my new computer, I can occasionally contribute to the thread. :D

Apologies if these have been posted already, but I've really gotten into melodic death metal lately and love me some Scar Symmetry. I was impressed by the original singer, as he did both the growling as well as clean vocals. Unfortunately he left the band after their third album. Anyway, here's the first song off each of their first three albums.

If you like that try this on for size.

Guess who saw one of their favourite heavy metal bands on Monday!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Absolute ripper of a night! They played many songs off their new album as well as some originals such as The Trooper and Hallowed Be Thy Name. The crowed was insane as well the whole stadium was ecstatic! Easily one of if not my most favourite concert ive been to!

I did record a few songs with my iPotato 5S so I'll upload them to utube sometime and share them with yall xD

1992 was a fantastic year for metal. :dopey:

Bonuses:
Not sure if grunge is technically considered metal, but Dirt is quite possibly my favorite album of all time.

And I can't listen to Unsung without thinking about GTA: San Andreas. :lol:

It's been half a month. Time for a little more posting. :)

Some classic Ozzy.

And some various melodic death metal starting with Soilwork.

Italian group by the name of Disarmonia Mundi. I hadn't heard of these guys until reading through some Youtube comments of In Flames, but this song reminds me a bit of them.

Speaking of In Flames, because I can't just pick one off the album...

Usually not into this kind of thing, but this one coaxed a chortle out of me. Particularly liked 3:01-3:28.

The creator has a lot of material uploaded. It's rather hit and miss, but the polka version of Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People and funk version of Alice In Chains' Man In A Box might be worth a spin as well. They use the original vocal tracks.

Usually not into this kind of thing, but this one coaxed a chortle out of me. Particularly liked 3:01-3:28.

The creator has a lot of material uploaded. It's rather hit and miss, but the polka version of Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People and funk version of Alice In Chains' Man In A Box might be worth a spin as well. They use the original vocal tracks.

Can't say I'd ever seen those videos before. They are quite enjoyable. :lol:

It kind of reminds me of the dubbed over, fake shred videos of various artists by St Sanders.

Some other favorites of mine are Santana, Jake E Lee (with hysterical, constant clapping by Ozzy), and Eddie Van Halen. Also an excellent video by Metallique called Uno. You can probably guess what that entails. :D

Back