The Metal ThreadMusic 

Two albums I bought on CD in London U.K.
the summer of '04.

And two other albums I bought after hearing them on the radio back in the day.
There was this DJ calling himself "Dr. Rock" and he had the most amazing
show every week. Sometimes playing exclusively Zeppelin for two hours or only
Sabbath for one hour.
It's too bad he faded away, I've no idea where he went or what happened to him.

He played the entire part 2 of this album once without commercials.

And another time he played the entire 20-minute track #8 from this album.

He never played Scorpions from what I can recall but I like them a lot too...

Why do I not have an Amon Amarth album yet?? I went on a Youtube binge of their songs last night. I just picked a random one to post here.

Also, here's one from an album I recently purchased. Warning: Language

Some of the metal bands and songs I enjoy are:

Mastodon- with the songs Blood and Thunder, Iron Tusk, Aqua Dementia, Seabeast, Megalodon, etc.
Slipknot- with Before I Forget, Custer and Psychosocial
Amon Amarth- with Guardians of Asgaard
and Job for a Cowboy- with Entombment of a Machine (the vocals there are quite funny, yet strange, the song talks about a guy being strapped to a machine where he gets tortured to death)

I have three older brothers, and they pretty much got me into metal in the first place. I remember first hearing Type O Negative's "Bloody Kisses" in the mid 90's when my oldest brother bought it. I have always loved that album.

I saw the King live in concert July 25th, 2014. Two-year anniversary.
yoparty.gif

Realized I haven't posted here in quite a while. :boggled:

So here's Ozzy's "No Rest for the Wicked" album. Being a youngster joining Ozzy for the first time, Zakk Wylde laid down awesome riffs on every track, full of his signature squeals. :)

My copy of Keeper of the Seven Keys Part I, it has a version of this with Michael Kiske singing as a bonus track, and it's glorious. Though of course I'd think it was, I'm a big fan of Michael. :P His first solo album had a song co-written and played by Adrian Smith. That entire album is amazing also, though that's coming from someone who preferred Chameleon to both Keeper albums.

More metal for the people:

I'm a big fan of Edguy, though this album, and the next three albums I still haven't bought. It's amazing that they were only about 19 or 20 years old when they released this album.

Anybody here remembering Lodestar? I saw them once live at a festival and it was one of the most energetic performances i experienced.

I do not listen to Metal that much nowadays, but the guy i'm carpooling with for the daily commute does expose me to the harder parts of genre, i like the Bloodbath wall of sound:

I would say that these guys are an acquired taste. In fact, when I first heard them, I didn't like them at all. This was another one of the albums I listened to while I rode with my brother into school years ago. It slowly but surely grew on me over time.

Hard to believe it's been this long, but Ozzy's No More Tears was released on this date (technically it's the 17th in the eastern time zone :D) 25 years ago.

And it's been 30 (thirty!) years since the release of Peace Sells. I wasn't even born yet, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the amazingness of the album that helped propel Megadeth into the metal mainstream (hell, even Rock* used the main track in GTA: Vice City).

Anyone heard the new album from Avenged Sevenfold? I'm (probably in vain) hoping that they've gone back to their City of Evil sound. I like the rest of their albums, but generally just the first half of each one. I have trouble getting into their later tracks.

This album is completely bonkers. I've never heard such a spooky album before. The whole thing sounds like dread and fear. Could do without trying to decipher lyrics though. The screaming should be just be part of the sound effects, honestly.

Back