The new AI - your thoughts

• Thread starter tomcat66
  • 282 comments
Austria
Vienna, Austria
mr tomcat 66
With the new seasonal events (https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gt6-seasonal-events-bring-a-spec-racing/) GT gives us a completely new AI. The AI drives much more aggressive than before.

Because the seasonal is only available until June 26 maybe this is some kind of test from Polyphony. To see how the community likes this AI. So I think it is a good idea to give them some feedback. Please give your thoughts about the new AI.

I think this is simply perfect. I had so much more fun with this AI. They are driving so hard that they even make some mistakes. You can see the AI cars crashing into barriers or going offroad. There is no rubberbanding at all. They race against you AND each other. I only wish I can activate this kind of AI in all other offline races.

I just got punted off the road under braking when I was taking a slow in fast out line on Suzuka.

In a word, terrible. In more words, even worse than before - being aggressive doesn't work when they have zero spacial awareness.

The AI is braking on the fast sweeper, swerving violently across the road at random and is generally just a more difficult traffic cone to swerve around as they wildly swing from side to side.

I just got punted off the road under braking when I was taking a slow in fast out line on Suzuka.

In a word, terrible. In more words, even worse than before - being aggressive doesn't work when they have zero spacial awareness.

The AI is braking on the fast sweeper, swerving violently across the road at random and is generally just a more difficult traffic cone to swerve around as they wildly swing from side to side.
I haven't tried this new AI yet, but from your opinion it seems Polyphony has mastered the AI required for Pastor Maldonado.

I'll leave now...

EXTREME ULTRA SUPER LATE TURN IN

10368324_896791050336675_2443609411348247153_o.jpg

NOW!!!

10431376_896791047003342_4694405123215100593_o.jpg

I have only ran the first two so far. I used a 500PP XR7 with SH tires, first one was easy I overtook the Boss Mustang on lap 3 and cruised to the win. Willow was a bit harder, I initially was still running the SH tires and ended up just short of the LFA NBR taking second place. Tried again and managed to overtake the LFA NBR on the 4th lap but could not hold the lead, went a little wide into a corner and it passed me on the inside then on the straight I was not able to gain on it so finished 2nd again.

I backed out of the race to check the restrictions and came back in, this time with SS tires same car. This time the LFA NBR was not there and a 430 S was running up front. I caught him at the end of the 2nd lap and took the lead [I was running about 3 seconds faster on the SS tires than I was on the SH tires] but he seemed to drive faster once I was in front and I ended up winning by about 6/10ths of a second even though at one point I was up by over 2 seconds and my later laps were faster than those before I took the lead.

I really didn't notice much about the AI other than the 430 seemed to drive a good bit faster when I was in front of him and in the earlier race the LFA made a good pass in the corner to regain the lead.

I'll probably run the Suzuka race tomorrow but I have a feeling that 500PP XR7 may not be enough car, may have to move up to something stronger on that one.

Getting into an Enzo, I was finally able to catch up to the Huayra near the end of the last lap. And then, I overshot the last chicane. Unbelievably, the Huayra hit their brakes and swerved to avoid me and that break in momentum was enough for me to gather the car back up and get to the finish line first.

I had to give this a shot to see what the fuss was about. To put it simply, I haven't had such a challenge from GT6 AI before. They're still far from what I'd call intelligent, but battling them was certainly a lot more fun than dodging the usual rolling roadblocks.

Definitely an improvement 👍

I also want to point out that the penalty system is activated in the last of these seasonal races (Suzuka). So when you hit another car too hard you will loose all power for a few seconds and will become "invisible" to other (AI) cars so they can drive through your car.

I think that never was activated in any other offline race since GT5P.

I also want to point out that the penalty system is activated in the last of these seasonal races (Suzuka). So when you hit another car too hard you will loose all power for a few seconds and will become "invisible" to other (AI) cars so they can drive through your car.

I think that never was activated in any other offline race since GT5P.
Sometime I get inside the AI to past them and the AI ran itself outside the track. I was penalized for 5 sec and I was like what the ****?

Sometime I get inside the AI to past them and the AI ran itself outside the track. I was penalized for 5 sec and I was like what the ****?

I got rear ended under braking and got a penalty, I was speechless because the AI was way over speed and missed the braking point entirely when I checked the replay.

Speaking of, any rolls?

Not in my experience 👍

It's still only a single level of difficulty, so it's still impossible for it to be good.

One AI does not fit all players. It can't. Without at least an easy/medium/hard setting, at best it's going to please some and not others.

And unfortunately, it's still debatable whether it will please anyone at all. Bar the people who would have been just as happy going round in circles to a lap target, but they'll be happy with anything.

Only difference I noticed was that the AI don't really let off the gas after you overtake them and they seem to be more aggressive in corners and attempt to brake more later.

Suzuka Circuit:
At the hairpin the cars tend to brake too late and go off track.
I overtook an Aventador on 130R and went to pull in front, but it just kept accelerating and I caught my back on the car and spun out.
The AI tend to do the same at the last chicane before the last curve as in the hairpin by braking too late or taking too much speed.

Didn't see much of a notable difference at Rome and Willow Springs.

Back