The New Black List ;_;

• Thread starter PSTC555
  • 609 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks đź‘Ť It certainly is harder to maintain a black list, because it has to be fair. A white list, on the other hand, is inherently easier to maintain because it goes on positive recommendations. Although I am not insinuating that the reporter is not telling the truth, I am questioning the validity of barring someone on the strength of one incident alone. Perhaps names should only be added to the list if they have been reported by more than one person... or perhaps have a Grey List as well - a weekly updated provisional black list with names of suspected offenders, and if the name doesn't come up again after a week or so, the name is removed?

I think the list would be far more credible if it were restricted to known trouble-makers rather than pulling up individuals for a single indiscretion, esp. when we don't know the circumstances fully. I removed the guy's name from the list, by the way...

That's certainly a credible idea, I like the fact of a temporary black list or grey list as you put it. I could rectify the black list to the most persistent offenders only that is known to cause trouble by more than one member. As they say, two heads are better than one and gives the nomination a bit more credibility.

I probably will overview the list and give some sort of week expiry for the names which seems to do a 'one off' event of poor behaviour and doesn't seem to do again for a while after. Only the most persisent would stay on and would probably be the most credible way of sorting this list.

For me, this is an example of the sort of thing the Black list should avoid - this is a single incident without any verification and yet dlhubb was added to the blacklist. Apart from anything else, this post is offensive (a personal attack)... We only have SVT Cobra GT's word for it, and in my book, that's not good enough to warrant blacklisting. I don't think it's a good idea to allow single incidents/reports to carry so much weight. By all means report drivers who are consistently screwing things up for genuine racers, but let's not get carried away.

i've only raced this guy once

I tried to find him again but to no avail I'll try to find him again
I have his name jotted down so I won't forget

I too had some good racing with Friday_GTRP, clean racer.

I had a race with Friday_GTRP in his black Ferrari F430 and he does seem to be a clean driver. We were pretty closely matched since he was slightly slow on corners so my Evo was able to follow his tail. Unfortunately the host quitted the game to get a full analysis but I reckon he had one of his off days when he decided to be aggressive towards one of the members.

So from Pulsar and me, with a few others like Sjaak I presume its no longer deemed necessary to keep Friday_GTRP in the list. Though I think it would be appreciative if Friday_GTRP could apologise to StoneMonkey about his incident in one race.

If everone else says he's clean then I take back what I said and put it down to a bit of revenge and mistaken identity and I'm not after any apology. This has also made me think about my stance on revenge and have cut it out myself although braking during a pass and watching the rammers drive themselves off the track might still be used from time to time.

Also, I have a mate who's desperate to come up and have a go at online racing. I've been racing him for years in GT and I'm a bit worried that if I let him have a go I might end up on this list, what can I do?

If everone else says he's clean then I take back what I said and put it down to a bit of revenge and mistaken identity and I'm not after any apology. This has also made me think about my stance on revenge and have cut it out myself although braking during a pass and watching the rammers drive themselves off the track might still be used from time to time.

Also, I have a mate who's desperate to come up and have a go at online racing. I've been racing him for years in GT and I'm a bit worried that if I let him have a go I might end up on this list, what can I do?

Make a separate account on your PlayStation 3 so he can use his name instead of yours. You can easily copy saved data of your game data so he gets the same cars as you do in your game. The only difference is the PSN name so you don't need to worry about false identity.

some more nominees

stheve
EU
A - he rammed me everytime I came along side him and used me as brakes

Tellly84 (or 94 not sure which number)
EU
C - he drove the wrong way during the last lap and then quitted the race before the end

LAGP
EU
A - he used me and other racers as brakes numerous times, hit me and other racers everytime you go along side, he quit another race because of his own mistake

Related to what Stonemonkey asked, I'd agree it would be the best solution.

But... (there's always one)

...I don't know if any of you has actually used the report feature (warning and url found on the game's manual, for those that haven't seen it - http://ps3reporting.com) to report cheaters, abusers, etc.
I don't know how those reports are handled, but it may in the future result on a ban from online gaming. which I'm sure would extend to all accounts created from that particular PS3, not just one account, otherwise it would be pointless.

So, I'd think twice before letting anyone known as drivng in a manner that would trash races play online on the PS3, and let him/her stick to offline.

Related to what Stonemonkey asked, I'd agree it would be the best solution.

But... (there's always one)

...I don't know if any of you has actually used the report feature (warning and url found on the game's manual, for those that haven't seen it - http://ps3reporting.com) to report cheaters, abusers, etc.
I don't know how those reports are handled, but it may in the future result on a ban from online gaming. which I'm sure would extend to all accounts created from that particular PS3, not just one account, otherwise it would be pointless.

So, I'd think twice before letting anyone known as drivng in a manner that would trash races play online on the PS3, and let him/her stick to offline.

I can assure that nobody on the list goes to the PS3 Report feature set by SCE. This list is purely for matters regarding with GT5: Prologue online and the GTP community. If someone does something quite abusive such as death threats to other players, then that itself would not be tolerated and would be referred to the site you gave us. But online racing offences in GT5 would not be notified to SCE just to make things clear.

Hi Thuggles,nice to meet you(not!)

I really liked the 500 points race at Suzuka with my Mazda,
I just love that car,
But the way people race overthere is not my "style".

Damn shame though,the format is great.

(And the Mazda is better then the Honda):)

I've been driving in my car, listening to Jeremy Clarkson...

Hopefully these issues will be resolved soon, because I only plan on getting GT5, not prologue.

Thuggles you've been caught red handed :yuck:

I seriously fail to understand why people intentionally bump and ram others like that, the experience online is so much more rewarding if you race hard but ultimately do so in a sporting manner. If someone is quicker than you, just let them by, then try to keep up to put pressure on them and test whether they are a better driver than you to go along with that speed - half the time they make a mistake, screw up badly and allow you to get so far in front you won't see them again in that race :)

thespine10

EU

hit me off line in last corner at FUJI then when I was pulling along sl
ide up the straight kept moving over and forced me onto the grass

:lol: :lol: that's awesome hahahahaha!! the music just adds to the comedy when he went and smashed straight to the wall. what happened in the end anyways ? the mazda is indeed a good car to drive in suzuka for the 500pp races. it's got great traction.

:lol: :lol: that's awesome hahahahaha!! the music just adds to the comedy when he went and smashed straight to the wall. what happened in the end anyways ? the mazda is indeed a good car to drive in suzuka for the 500pp races. it's got great traction.

That was taken from two races, and I believe he managed to win one of them.

:: Thuggles ::

Oh wow, what an idiot that guy is. I noticed as you were racing I seen him look like a ghost replay a couple of times. Is that lag in effect?

PS- How the hell did he get a FWD sideways? :scared:

he's probably using a rear-biased set up. stiffer suspension in the rear makes ff cars oversteer a lot, either that or he's just completely retarded.

Are you basing that on exerience? In GT4 a stiffer front spring rate makes FFs oversteer alot. I'd say he was being retarded though :lol: Watsch meee driftz this tite curner fast yo!:dunce:

Death to Thuggles! I might film a race of my own… see if I can catch anyone also ;)

Other player’s cars can turn into ghosts if they suddenly make unexpected movements… to prevent accidents from happing. It can be a good thing, as its saved me from other people’s bad driving many times before.

And he drove sideways because he’s a retard. N00bs don’t mess about with car settings.

I've been driving in my car, listening to Jeremy Clarkson...
That’s exactly what I thought of :lol:

Death to Thuggles! I might film a race of my ownÂ… see if I can catch anyone also ;)

Other playerÂ’s cars can turn into ghosts if they suddenly make unexpected movementsÂ… to prevent accidents from happing. It can be a good thing, as its saved me from other peopleÂ’s bad driving many times before.

And he drove sideways because heÂ’s a retard. N00bs donÂ’t mess about with car settings.

ThatÂ’s exactly what I thought of :lol:

So what if youve got someone on your tail, you're in a corner, and they consider you to have made a sudden movement when turning? Does that mean the guy behind can literally go straight through you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back