• Thread starter PSTC555
  • 609 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTP_Burnout
Sideways rammed me on T2 HSR 01:12 :(

I most certanly did not.
And who may you be?

EDIT: Are you going to answer with a very good description, your online handle and what you where driving? Or shall I just write you off as one of the morons I nominated, trying to get back at me?

EDIT2: I guess you're just a triple posting liar then...

OK kids. Lets calm down here.

@ Persona: there was already a warning from a mod about jgda9rs' initial post and there's no need to resurrect that issue, since he's already apologised.
Especially with a triple post. 👎 Please learn to use the "Edit" button.

A lot of the posters in here need to take a good long look at our AUP with respect to their behaviour and their posting style. ;)

@ cominatcha: a little door-handle to door-handle jockeying for position is fine, however, being punted from the track at every opportunity, doesn't really class as "rubbin'", which is what people are complaining about here.

@ Persona & zuggerat: Ditch the txt speek pronto. This is an international internet forum, not an MSN chatroom. :grumpy:

GTP_Burnout
Sideways rammed me on T2 HSR 01:12 :(

Hah! I pwned him/her tonight. :D

Pity my kids if they have downs syndrome.
Come on admins, you have a post about j*p being racist, yet you allow this filth!
Shame on gtplanet.net :grumpy:

get a job.

get a job.

@ jgda9rs: Which part of you failed to understand the context of the last few moderator posts in here that suggested we should all be a little calmer and less personal about this?
You instigated a "war of words" with an original inflammatory post which had a poor choice of phrasing, though to be fair, you apologised following a posted warning. 👍
However, you've now felt the need to respond, in a hostile manner again, to a post by another user that you feel is wrong, but who'd also publically been warned by a moderator to discontinue his inflammatory actions, as well as to quit multiple posting.

To the staff's mind this makes you as bad, if not worse than he is. You've enough time and posts on this site to know better, and post better.

Take a long hard look at our AUP with respect to what you're posting here and clean your act up a little. Thanks. 👍

Please re-read the post and Touring Mars's point - and the user's apology.

You know, for referring to someone as "that downsyndromed moron".

as i said i don't want to be rude,although sometimes i can't help it. I only play maybe 3 or 5 racers at night so when you get pushed of for 2 or 4 of them it gets pretty annoying. I will admit though i have had few good racers the last couple of nights.I still think they are morons,they remind me of M Schumacher in his younger F1 day's the only difference been that M could drive properly sometimes and they CAN't.

"If you're not in it to win it, why RACE?"

Fun is watching those nuBs pile up in front of you as you're making the pass. :dunce:

if all i wanted to do was win every time i can play offline or race against my cat,i race online because i want a challenge and more fun not play bumper cars.I was in a race with hornet a few weeks ago,he was driving a integra as was i,gut i started at the back he was at the front i tried to catchup to him so i could see how we raced(because i have only heard good things) but every time i tried to pass someone i got pushed or rammed and it was only a 2 lap race.I worked my way up to about 4th but it he was to far ahead. FUN is fighting cleanly for a position

Please add also buscieta (IT) wallsurf, bump and ramming on the straight to prevent my little Elise going past his GT LM

I agree with this too, I have met this player many time and his behaviour has always been like this...

Concerning the fun tracks in GT5p I also suggest Daytona road where we are still having a lot of good races every nights with less disconnections & morons.

HSR is becoming stupid with Pro wallsurfers & Fuji & Suzuka are kingdoms of quiting host and destruction derby players :crazy:
Yesterday evening races : Daytona Road

Skylinecrazy (GB) Block any movement to overtake him then ram you to the wall or try to push you out of tracks intentionally when behind...

Topliner (GB) Try to ram anybody around him :rolleyes:

DrPeppy F40 Intentionally push other to make them loose control :rolleyes:

Jenze (FI) disconect race twice in a row as host + a 3rd one when push out of track by a crazier moron (Markey77 GB)

Markey77 (GB) Same as Topliner (met them in the same races) + when passed cleanly, doesn't brake the next corner and thorw 2 cars out of race including the host (Jenze) who as a revenge disconect the race for the 3rd time :rolleyes:

Chichapan-Ascari (ES) Block any movement to overtake him then ram you to the wall or try to push you out of tracks intentionally when behind...

Zdenekoo (CZ) Run the track on the wrong way to scare others :rolleyes:

Anyman Try to ram anybody around him :rolleyes:

and the last ... Bassicman (IE) Very good racer for 2 1/2 lap then on last straight before finish line, try to ram you out of track when overtaking you while the all right part of the track is wide open :rolleyes:
Really doesn't need to make this move as you let him win the race without moving from your line ..... too bad

ah mr burnout! i remember having a few run ins with yourself, rubbin is racing! get on with it!:sly:

Ah Mr Cominatcha King of Wallsurfer in HSR, Too strange you are not in the Blacklist yet... are you playing online like you did on time attack ??? Just too ridiculous....

i raced you earlier this morning at highspeed ring. i dont remember if it was the gtr you were driving though, i think it might have been a white evo 9. i was driving a yellow amuse gt1. i was infront of you on the first corner, then i hit the barrier on the exit and spun out. it was you, me and some other guy i can't remember. i owe you a win! :D hope to race you again next time. didn't think you were from this forum.

psn: jgda9rs

I was most certainly in the Red R35 GT-R. It's pretty much the only car I race online because its essentially idiot-proof. :) 👍 to you and hope to race soon!

-Sam (PSN: SHOspazz92 - Red R35 GT-R)

@ jgda9rs: Which part of you failed to understand the context of the last few moderator posts in here that suggested we should all be a little calmer and less personal about this?
You instigated a "war of words" with an original inflammatory post which had a poor choice of phrasing, though to be fair, you apologised following a posted warning. 👍
However, you've now felt the need to respond, in a hostile manner again, to a post by another user that you feel is wrong, but who'd also publically been warned by a moderator to discontinue his inflammatory actions, as well as to quit multiple posting.

To the staff's mind this makes you as bad, if not worse than he is. You've enough time and posts on this site to know better, and post better.

Take a long hard look at our AUP with respect to what you're posting here and clean your act up a little. Thanks. 👍

it's called freedom of speech. but okay, i'm taking this as my last warning. thanks for your patience, sincerely.

@Sam: probably. i dont really remember a red gt-r since i spun around and last i saw was the white evo, after that i was wayyyyy too far behind.

I agree with this too, I have met this player many time and his behaviour has always been like this...

Concerning the fun tracks in GT5p I also suggest Daytona road where we are still having a lot of good races every nights with less disconnections & morons.

HSR is becoming stupid with Pro wallsurfers & Fuji & Suzuka are kingdoms of quiting host and destruction derby players :crazy:
Yesterday evening races : Daytona Road

Skylinecrazy (GB) Block any movement to overtake him then ram you to the wall or try to push you out of tracks intentionally when behind...

Topliner (GB) Try to ram anybody around him :rolleyes:

DrPeppy F40 Intentionally push other to make them loose control :rolleyes:

Jenze (FI) disconect race twice in a row as host + a 3rd one when push out of track by a crazier moron (Markey77 GB)

Markey77 (GB) Same as Topliner (met them in the same races) + when passed cleanly, doesn't brake the next corner and thorw 2 cars out of race including the host (Jenze) who as a revenge disconect the race for the 3rd time :rolleyes:

Chichapan-Ascari (ES) Block any movement to overtake him then ram you to the wall or try to push you out of tracks intentionally when behind...

Zdenekoo (CZ) Run the track on the wrong way to scare others :rolleyes:

Anyman Try to ram anybody around him :rolleyes:

and the last ... Bassicman (IE) Very good racer for 2 1/2 lap then on last straight before finish line, try to ram you out of track when overtaking you while the all right part of the track is wide open :rolleyes:
Really doesn't need to make this move as you let him win the race without moving from your line ..... too bad

Ah Mr Cominatcha King of Wallsurfer in HSR, Too strange you are not in the Blacklist yet... are you playing online like you did on time attack ??? Just too ridiculous....

Goto agree about Daytona Rd

Aswell as

Skylinecrazy (GB)

DrPeppy F40

Markey77 (GB)

I have witnessed these guys antics. Including parking up just before the apex of turn one :crazy:

This thread is becoming over negative, so I nominate:
Nobody at all. I've had some great clean racing with GTP and non-GTP members alike lately. One fella overtook me on the outside of a high speed corner cleanly :eek: I sent him a congrats message.
I also must tell this story:
Me and J-Pap were racing a dirty driver in an Elise (a 3-man race). He rammed J-PaP at the 1st corner of London, at first I thought J-PaP didn't want to race with a dirty driver so he stopped and parked his car (I later found he was called away from the race). Anyway, I stopped with him. When the dirty Elise driver came back around he stopped with us, realising that we didn't want to race with someone that would ram us. He let me go around the track and catch up, where we then had a clean race, which he lost in to superior skill of course. So you see, revenge won't solve anything, but if we taught just one person that raming is uncool, well, who knows what the possibilities are.:)

You are right, fortunately we meet also good drivers & have good fun.

I had to complain about Scleeve (GB) who really had a too aggressive & unsportman behaviour in some races I had with him.

Then I met him again 2 days ago... Same player, same raming, bocking etc... After he threw me out of track, I came back & did the same (Sometimes blood pressure is way too high).

On the next race was behind him and avoid him when I overtook then he tried to pass me again & I opened the door & let him pass easily then he suddenly change his behaviour and I can say we both had a fun & cool race together...
This is an example of people changing their way to behave with other, but I was quite happy to meet another Scleeve than the one I met & nominate earlier :)

Well its a high mountain to climb converting drivers as there are just SO many kids out there fooling around.I had 10 races tonight with every race full of lunitics.If I happened to get a break in front I did pull away and would comfortably win.If I didnt I was stuck in the playground with kids being kids, punting the only Aussie in the race into the nearest sandtrap,wall, what ever was around!!
Well it can only improve

AlexTheGreat, not sure if he has underscores or not, but he's a horrible driver. He will always try to ram you, and is willing to put himself out of the race so you don't finish.

-Matt

We really, really need to compile a list of drivers who demonstrate good ability and skill, while also being respectful and courteous of other drivers.

All I'm saying, the black list, wonderful idea, but we should also be giving thanks to those who will go out of their way to ensure that everyone is having a good experience, you know?

There was, but it is closed now. There are, however, threads where you can discuss good races you have had.

want to nominate mariogtr[ES] for using everyone else as a brake going into corners.

Every race tonight has been like the dodgems.

want to nominate mariogtr[ES] for using everyone else as a brake going into corners.

Every race tonight has been like the dodgems.

I agree.Saturday night was a nightmare and I did come across this guy snd had trouble with hm also.

Well I've been having a calm night on HSR. nonolimit35 (FR) was back once, but I remembered his tactics and managed to escape him, and some chese_something (NZ) ruined my race in the last corner, by ramming me into the barrier (not sure if on purpose...) but still, I don't see the need to nominate anyone today for consistent bad driving.

Yet...

@BMfan: I remember almost racing with you. Saw your name on the grid 3 times. 2 disconnects and the one you talked about. As I said, I "live" on the HSR 700pp, in the comfort of those barriers ;) drop by any night. I know I'dd like some decent (in more ways that one) competition.

EDIT: Some guys have been parking in the track. Mostly in the grass, on turn one. I was actualy thinking of stoping to see what was so interesting in there! But one has been doing it in a peculiar way. Autos (de) has been leaving his car in dark places like the tunel or in the shadow of the pit wall, or sideways blocking the racing line on the S. Scary stuff, to see a white r8 in your face like that. There are lots of better places to "park"... But I guess that wouldn't be "funny".

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.... being one of the original GT freaks out there remember when it came out on PS1 I have been longing for online play. I bought an xbox just for the fact being being able to play Forza II online until GT5 came out. Right before it came out I sold my xbox and Forza II game thinking I wouldn't want to play it any longer....I'm actually wishing I hadn't sold it at this point. The graphics are great in GT5, the car control is awesome, and there is so much going for it but I must say I'm completely disappointed in the online play:

No online chat

No private rooms; when someone is being a bone head you can't remove them
Get rid of the whole ghost thing. It's more problems than it's worth. This is suppose to be a racing simulator...

When you find that needle in the hay stack of a couple great racers online you can't ever find them again as the room selection is random

Make the expert rooms available to use PP500, PP600, or PP700 cars. Some of the best side by side clean racing is done with cars that are controllabe.....AKA Miata Spec series and VW Cup series

Allow us to see who we're racing against on the screen from behind not just infront of us so we know who just rammed us from behind....then we can boot them from the room

Just these few things would turn the online gaming from bad to very fun and exciting especially for those of us who buy this game and the system to 'race' and have the closest thing to simulation out there not just pile into walls and ram everyone.

Playstation and GT5 I hope you're listening!!!!!!

gunman6969 (NTSC)

Typical Daytona Oval rammer, I was probably hit 4 times on the last lap alone, miracle I didn't spin

thebigbadboy1958 Racing at Daytona in a PP600 series. Drives a yellow NSR. Favourite trick is to come underneath you and then try and spin you out. In the 4 races I had against this person they tried it everytime, the sad part was they spun themselves out each and every occasion. I saw it coming in the 3rd race and dabbed my brakes as they came alongside. Tried the swipe move and failed and ended up ahead of me. Then began to swerve across the back-straight before letting me overtake. I never saw them again. They tried the move with whoever tried to go past.

PS-CITY. White Elise 111R/tuned. Ben rammed by him several times, with the specific intent of knocking me off the track.

Dude just rammed me off the road after turn 1 at susuka 700. i caught up after the esses and he had just got done ramming off two other cars. Damn bastard.

You are right, fortunately we meet also good drivers & have good fun.

I had to complain about Scleeve (GB) who really had a too aggressive & unsportman behaviour in some races I had with him.

Then I met him again 2 days ago... Same player, same raming, bocking etc... After he threw me out of track, I came back & did the same (Sometimes blood pressure is way too high).

On the next race was behind him and avoid him when I overtook then he tried to pass me again & I opened the door & let him pass easily then he suddenly change his behaviour and I can say we both had a fun & cool race together...
This is an example of people changing their way to behave with other, but I was quite happy to meet another Scleeve than the one I met & nominate earlier :)

We also must remember that some people who appear dirty, and aren't on GTP are thereto play the game, not there to try and race cleanly. If they're getting punted around, then they have nothing stopping them to want revenge on everyone. They don't know us, so there's no one to judge him/her as far as they are concerned.

After playing more online tonight, I think lag is the problem. It's often really hard to tell if the car(s) in front of you is a ghost or a solid car. Additionally, because of lag, cars aren't always where they seem to be. Is he a ghost, is he about to be a ghost, is he a ghost that is about to be solid. Man, it's crazy. They need to bag the ghost crap.

I could go many races in a row without hitting anyone or getting hit in Forza 2, because the online was very solid and you weren't guessing if what you are looking at is actually there or not. Online is really laggy with Prologue. 9 times out of 10, I'd blame the lag, not the driver. PD needs to tighten up their networking code. And it's not just on the bigger races. I've had issues with 3 car races. They need help.

There's a lot of truth to what you guys are saying, but that's why you have to separate yourself from the pack by choosing the right car and tunning it correctly. For example in Suzuka 700pp the Ferrari F430 is not gonna win anything. You also can't expect to bump up or down your pp to 700 with random stats and except to be competitive. You gotta bump up or bump down the right stats, both for the car and the track. For example, in most cases reducing weight will knock down your laps times by a few more tenths than adding as much hp as possible.

I gave up on online for a week after a session where I was knocked off 15 times in a row.

Went back the other day and there weren't quite so many morons on – I did have a few brief times where I could actually race with someone who was trying to drive properly. But about 70% of the races were still spoiled by rear-end rammers and barrier riders. Now, if I get taken out by these kamikazi types, I just quit the game – why should I put up with such nonsense?

Best guessing the mental cases attempts to take you out can be an amusing sport, but I would prefer being able to race properly :)

Private rooms cannot come soon enough, IMO!

Make the expert rooms available to use PP500, PP600, or PP700 cars. Some of the best side by side clean racing is done with cars that are controllabe.....AKA Miata Spec series and VW Cup series

I agree with this bit definitely. I think in both intermediate and expert classes there should be a choice of 500, 600 and 700 point races and also manufacturer events. Maybe some of it could wait till a bit later, as some races don't have that many competitors anyway (I've never raced more than 7 people in the PP600 at Daytona). I'm certainly missing the PP500 class, it used to be very competitive and much cleaner than the PP600 where people drive the Clios like they drive the Elises in the PP700...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back