The New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the World's Fastest Muscle Car

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 278 comments
Of course they are, it wouldn't be a current FF movie on this side of the 2010 without massive Dodge promos in your face.
Chrysler has been on top of marketing their cars lately by putting them in several movies (you can see them in the new Logan movie coming out soon) and just handing them out for free to places like Bondurant. I think it's working in their favor as both the Challenger and Charger still sell very well.

Chrysler has been on top of marketing their cars lately by putting them in several movies (you can see them in the new Logan movie coming out soon) and just handing them out for free to places like Bondurant. I think it's working in their favor as both the Challenger and Charger still sell very well.

yeah but the ram for years was a promotional tool, like in Walker Texas Ranger. It's been their go to really. But ever since the fifth fast and the furious it's been awash with Dodge products this and that. Not saying it's not smart, just poking fun as it's clearly not a true fast and furious movie these days without Dodge placement at hand.

Dodge, if you're listening please axe this generation of Challengers or replace it. This is getting painful now.

If you don't mind me asking, what is "painful?" The Challenger is great at what is what built for, it is not a track focused car and was never meant to be one.

To some extent, it reminds me of the factory drag cars that came out in the 60s.
Then it should've been done like the ones Ford and Chevy do, which is look like a purpose drag racer. Then again this one is street legal (I assume).

Then it should've been done like the ones Ford and Chevy do, which is look like a purpose drag racer. Then again this one is street legal (I assume).

This car is street legal. I've heard high 9's-10.0 in the 1/4.

This car is street legal. I've heard high 9's-10.0 in the 1/4.
Probably won't be able to sew those times without a rollcage. Correct? I haven't seen a word of one in the article above.

Edit: I do like this though.
Remember the "delete" option back in the day? I'd do just that with a normal Challenger. 2 lightweight seats and a cloth bench in back, 2 speakers with a USB port in the dash, all the other stuff deleted in the post, carbon bonnet & boot lid.

Last edited:
Probably won't be able to sew those times without a rollcage. Correct? I haven't seen a word of one in the article above.

As of 2013 any 2008 or newer (stock) car doesn't need one unless you are quicker than 10.0 or 135mph, however that doesn't stop manufacturers from producing a car that's capable of doing so. Plus without rear seats it wouldn't be difficult to add a roll bar. Who knows though there's still 2 months to go until the car is revealed.

As of 2013 any 2008 or newer (stock) car doesn't need one unless you are quicker than 10.0 or 135mph, however that doesn't stop manufacturers from producing a car that's capable of doing so. Plus without rear seats it wouldn't be difficult to add a roll bar. Who knows though there's still 2 months to go until the car is revealed.
Ah, OK. Rules have changed.

To some extent, it reminds me of the factory drag cars that came out in the 60s.

Yeah some nut was talking about that earlier in the thread. Strange it turned out to be on the spot.

But FCA currently do make one, the same nut who said this would be a throw back to D-Dart and Thunderbolts also mentions the Drag Pak they offer.

2018-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Demon-rear-view.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/26/dodge-demon-nitto-drag-tires-flares-695869856/

Reports say the factory-fitted Nitto NT05R tires are just barely on the edge of street legal. 315 section tires all round, beating the Z28 Camaro's 305s.

Those bulging fenders really ruin the rear profile IMO. That, and I think the tires almost look too big, at least from that angle.

Dodge
To maximize the Demon’s full potential, SRT has added:
  • The largest functional “Air Grabber” cold air intake hood ever installed on a production vehicle, measuring more than 45 square inches
  • A significantly larger air box that is sealed and ducted to the hood scoop
  • Two illuminated functional “Air Catcher” headlamps

The combination gives the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon significantly increased airflow, while also dropping the inlet air temperature by more than 30 degrees compared with the Hellcat.
Dodge press release

The difference is this car is not designed to be driven with the drag radials on the front. The idea was that the front set is to be used as spares for the rear.

There is penny pinching in the automotive industry and then there is how Chrysler does it, on a whole other level.

Last edited:
Back