The New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the World's Fastest Muscle Car

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 278 comments
Mopar Celebrates 80th Anniversary With Limited Edition Dodge Challenger

2017%2BMopar%2BDodge%2BChallenger%2B-7.jpg

I'll take a gray one please and thank you.

I'm not so sure it would do well in GT4, even with the weight savings it would get in GT4 spec.
I feel anything is possible. Not just because I like it. It's like thinking a Bentley can compete with a 488. I didn't think the SLS GT3 could compete with a 458. Even the M6.

in current GT4 spec(all this new aero add ons), a factory developed Challenger could be competitive. This wider track for the Hellcat would probably help as well. A Challenger is same wheelbase and close to same length as a Maserati GT. Challenger weight varies from V6 to Hellcat. The Camaro didn't knock down any doors in GT4, but we'll see how this new one does.

Anyway, ain't gonna happen, but I miss the brand in the racing world.

From Allpar.com

2018 will be a big year for the Dodge Challenger...

We all have been talking about the SRT Demon, but there will be a SRT HELLCAT widebody option offered for 2018.

i-NNwTnsd.jpg

New: 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Wide Body (optional package)

6.2L Supercharged engine
8-speed auto transmission w/paddle shifters / or 6-speed manual
Illuminated Air-Catcher Headlamps
New: Wide Body competition suspension
New: 305/35ZR20 A/S Performance Tires
New: 20X11.0" Forged aluminum wheels

This vehicle unlike the SRT Demon will be offered with both 6-speed manual and 8-speed automatic transmissions. This vehicle unlike the SRT Demon will not have a line lock feature, nor will it have any of the SRT Demon's Drag Mode or Race Fuel settings. The SRT HELLCAT widebody will have 20" rims compared to the 18" rims on SRT Demon. SRT HELLCAT widebody will also have tires rated at 186mph speed rating, compared to the drag ready tires on the SRT Demon which will rated at 168mph.

SRT HELLCAT widebody will NOT get any of the SRT Demon engine upgrades as well. Quarter mile times should be a .2 of a second faster than the SRT HELLCAT on its 305/35ZR20 A/S Performance radials. It will also have a slightly faster 0-60mph than the Challenger SRT HELLCAT because it will be able to the put the 707 horsepower better to the ground.

Challenger SRT Demon’s Custom Crate
dodge-challenger-srt-demon-custom-crate-1.jpg

Dodge
In collaboration with Dodge, Snap-on Business Solutions delivers what you need to take the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon from the street to the drag strip and back again.

As enthusiasts learned from the fourth teaser video, “Crate,” at www.ifyouknowyouknow.com, these aren’t just any tools off the shelf. This is a special, limited production set for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon that offers a street-to-track transformation experience as exclusive as the car itself.

Tools touting the Demon logo include a:
  • Hydraulic floor jack
  • Cordless impact wrench with charger
  • Torque wrench
  • Tire pressure gauge
  • Fender cover
  • Tool bag

All come crated with a dozen more parts, including Direct Connection Performance Parts, matching Demon-head logo’d wheels and the Demon Track Pack System.
Dodge

This is cool but at the same time little cheesy. Where do you put it, loaded the crate will weigh atleast 200lbs not something you can easily lift and put in the car. If the crate is fitted the the Challenger it would be cool, like custom luggage.
Jaguar-Bags-5%25255B3%25255D.jpg
ferrari+500+superfast+serie+I+1964-.png

even if you can drive it to the strip, most people will still end up putting it on a trailer. and bringing the crate with them

Well, it is a Chrysler
How is the reliability on the Challengers/Chargers?

I know some FCA vehicles fall apart on the parking lot (my cousin worked/works at a dealer) but my uncles neighbor has a Ram with almost 1,000,000 KM on it, only basic maintenance.

Okay I suppose, although some have been plagued with the usual FCA electrical gremlins, and others transmission trouble. Early Hellcats also had bad supercharger bearings, but those have since been rectified. As for engines, the Hemis are pretty robust, and the Pentastar V6 is...well, the Pentastar V6, it's just kinda there. I'm personally unaware of any other issues, but I'm sure there's some I've missed seeing as how the rest of FCA's lineup rates the lowest in terms of reliability across the board.

some are saying 3.9 is the displacement of the SC (which is insanely large) 221 in Km translate to 137Mph which seem realistic although SRT using Metric system in America is idiotic. 405 is something i dont know. some think its the extra 405hp the SC is putting out.

I know some FCA vehicles fall apart on the parking lot (my cousin worked/works at a dealer) but my uncles neighbor has a Ram with almost 1,000,000 KM on it, only basic maintenance.
<---------- I have a 2010 Challenger R/T.

It's a weekend toy, occasional track car as well. I've had it 7 years tomorrow.

Have around 18,000 miles on the odo, and have done oil changes and replaced the battery last year. Some upgrades as well, brakes and tires due to track time. But that's it.

A friend of mine daily drives an '09 R/T and has around 80,000 miles on it. He's only needed to do regular maintenance on his as well.

The only "known issues" that you read about on the forums for these cars are generally cosmetic. Rocker panels cracking, some other small issues like that.

People can say what they want about them being fat, slow, rental car interiors. Whatever. But they are a solidly built and reliable car.

And not that slow, if you ask me. ;)

@EDK - Still my favourite colour for the Challenger. :D

I have a soft spot for it. It's just a shame every Hellcat owner I've met has been such a... well, you get the idea.

I wouldn't expect the car to be a problem in terms of reliability either. With so many Challengers, Chargers, and 300s out there, FCA has honed that Mercedes platform pretty finely for its target market, I'd say.

It's just a shame every Hellcat owner I've met has been such a... well, you get the idea.

Right. I understand the Hellcat, and I think it's been a great image and branding car for Dodge. But I personally have no interest in one.

It's actually a bit of an irritant for me at this point, because instead of people simply appreciating my car and telling me how much they like it now, I generally get one of two questions -

"Is that a Hellcat?"

or

"Are you gonna get a Hellcat?"

I'm of the opinion that NOBODY needs 700 HP in a road car. I bought an R/T Classic to make it a '70 T/A clone. T/A cars were 340 6 Pack, not 426 Hemi, not 440.

23231720001_large.jpg

I ordered my car from the factory, ticked all the boxes I wanted ticked. Could have afforded an SRT, really didn't even want one of those. This car is plenty for me, and you can see how manageable it is with suspension and chassis upgrades, but the stock HP of 382.

I just saw a Hellcat. Triple black, fish bowl, black w/silver "HELLCAT" plates.

Being that the speed limit on this particular major street is 60km/h, he did nail the throttle from the stop light.
It didn't have that exhaust growl like an HSV, AMG or Corvette. Still sounded nice.

Looks too cool...ahem, Sub-Zero...in rhd. I want one.

Back