The non-muscle American car thread (READ THE OP)

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 1,522 comments

In your opinion, which country makes the best looking cars?

• Total voters
I'm not gonna lie, I really liek the Exige but, it's not jsut horsepower and tires, friend. the car is at least longer, I suppose to consider the speed it goes as it's very hard to control. If had the same properties as the Exige and going at that speed of 250mph or so, I think it would deform a little bit.
I didn't mean that literally, and the implication wasn't that the Venom is just an Exige with more horsepower and bigger tires.

The Venom has no charisma--it's just a soulless, just-like-any-other "hypercar." Sure it can go fast in a straight line, and it may well be able to tackle a circuit, but anything with that much power and rubber ought to be able to. The Exige does what it does exceptionally well with a mere 240hp and 225s.

I didn't mean that literally, and the implication wasn't that the Venom is just an Exige with more horsepower and bigger tires.

The Venom has no charisma--it's just a soulless, just-like-any-other "hypercar." Sure it can go fast in a straight line, and it may well be able to tackle a circuit, but anything with that much power and rubber ought to be able to. The Exige does what it does exceptionally well with a mere 240hp and 225s.

I wouldn't exactly say soulless, but, that's your opinion so I won't stop ya.

126148.jpg

VET_01_RK0803_01_P.JPG

2712764512_59ce65d102_b.jpg

A couple of pictures from the Panoz website of the GTR-1 street version.
GTR-1%20front%203-4%20-%20Copy.jpg

GTR-1%20rear%203-4%20II.jpg

The American version of the Matrix was the Pontiac Vibe. The Corolla iM (née Scion iM) is the replacement model for the Matrix after Toyota discontinued that.

The American version of the Matrix was the Pontiac Vibe. The Corolla iM (née Scion iM) is the replacement model for the Matrix after Toyota discontinued that.
Well, it'll be discontinued on Jan 1. 2017 according to my contact at Copeland Toyota.

So...Oopsie. Editing it out.

The Scion is technically Japanese, so it shouldn't be posted in here...
Scion serves only the United States and Canada and is headquartered in Torrance, California. Take the Nova below--every bit of it screams Toyota Corolla except for that little bowtie between the headlights.

3ebb9c82a57e1cac46916e3d2be2957f.jpg

But is it Japanese?

Yes. The Nova was a mildly repurposed JDM Toyota Sprinter. The only thing American about it was the factory it is was built in. Scions were generally even less than that. They almost all were straight rebadged JDM Toyota built elsewhere, and they all had Toyota VINs.

I agree. Yesterday I was at a shop with a restored '70 383 Roadrunner and a '71 Polara side by side. The Roadrunner was cool, but my eyes were drawn to the Polara over it. All original 440 car helped.

I agree. Yesterday I was at a shop with a restored '70 383 Roadrunner and a '71 Polara side by side. The Roadrunner was cool, but my eyes were drawn to the Polara over it. All original 440 car helped.
Road Runner is "I have money and I want a muscle car to look cool to my coworkers" yuppie fodder--your eyes had the right idea.

Road Runner is "I have money and I want a muscle car to look cool to my coworkers" yuppie fodder--your eyes had the right idea.

That's why I'd get a '70 Belvedere four door over a '70 Road Runner or GTX. They look different...but the same.

Some people will say "too many doors," while others will cheer you on for having that extra set.

image.jpeg

Of course, when you look to buy one there will always be somebody who modified theirs into a "pretend muscle car."

image.jpeg

:banghead:

The Fitch Phoenix--and its creator John Cooper Fitch--is a doomed sports prototype (thanks, Ralph Nader) based on a Corvair.
3.jpg

Fitch managed to bring others to greater fruition, however, such as the Fitch Sprint; a modified Corvair with higher output and his own "Ventop" design.
3abfb656f0a13a4044d22224afd8ea83.jpg

And then there's what he thought a Firebird ought to look like.
2008-1-23_FitchFirebirdWeb-Large.jpg

Back