The non-muscle American car thread (READ THE OP)

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 1,519 comments

In your opinion, which country makes the best looking cars?

• Total voters
Jeep Commando
001.jpg

Jeep_Commando_C-104.jpg

"YES, YES, 90s, 90s, 90s...niiinnntiiieeessss!" - Said by Mr.Regular.
93108281990111.jpg

DCP_2142.jpg

94103341990905.jpg

Last edited:
What's wrong with the Shadow?
Absolutely nothing. Funnily enough, my dad had a 1988 baby blue Dodge Shadow that he bought new. His lasted 3 or 4 years and he drove it into the ground. Ended up getting paid for scrap on that car.

Wife had one when we got married--it was 2 years old at the time--V6 (3AT as I recall) was peppy enough but the tranny wouldn't shift. I'd have rather driven my convertible Beetle in the rain with its leaky roof.

Are there any other American cars right now besides the Corvette in any class in Le Mans? I would love to see future entries into Prototype racing from an American brand.

Actually not an import.
[picture of a Ford Maverick]
:confused:

The implication being that someone would confuse it for an import because it's been modified in a way that has thus far been limited to primarily imports? While I think said modifications are ghastly, since I've never been fond of Mavericks, I'm glad to see it was chosen rather than a B210, RX-4 or Celica...or anything else (from another manufacturer) I'm leaving out with a similar profile.

Last edited:
:confused:

The implication being that someone would confuse it for an import because it's been modified in a way that has thus far been limited to primarily imports? While I think said modifications are ghastly, since I've never been fond of Mavericks, I'm glad to see it was chosen rather than a B210, RX-4 or Celica...or anything else (from another manufacturer) I'm leaving out with a similar profile.
Yeah, I thought it was an old European car when I first saw it, but after taking a closer look, I realized it was a Maverick.

Back