The NRS Kart Cup *Race 8/4/13 6pm GMT*

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 1,028 comments
  • 40,863 views
I like all karts being in one class. Maybe 125's? Also, how about a time limit for the race?

Nope. Unless you guys want to run Jr.

I don't see the point of Jrs at all to be honest. The drivers were bored, and we in 100 class have less competition. Also, it would be terrible on kart space with all the traffic. I'd prefer if we went all 100's or all 125's.

The 100s and 125s handle poorly. I'd rather drop out of the series than have people spinning. I was bored because Indy's meant for race cars.

If anything I'd say 100's. Not too slow, but also not overpowered. So yes, I'm basically giving myself last place :dopey:

Oh, and, shorten races a tiny bit? 25 minutes? Roman and Kefir see every second as another chance to wreak havoc across the circuit :)

No.
 
Whell! Someones glass is half empty- No make that shattered :O
 
The 100s and 125s handle poorly. I'd rather drop out of the series than have people spinning. I was bored because Indy's meant for race cars.

The 100s handle fine. Honestly if you can't drive a race without spinning a 100....

As for Indy, it was fun in the 100's for me, most tracks in GT are designed for race cars, so we're better off in the 100, more speed, less driving flat out through the whole race. The problem was with the Jrs.
 
Just, shorten the race distances.
 
Well, it was a less-than-fun series. Hit me up if you ever want to try driving real karts. GT5 dumbs them down, gives them no real place to race at, messed up the physics and then said "perfect."
 
I raced karts before and the 125 and 100 aren't that different, I defeated a 125 in a 100 with ease.
 
I raced karts before and the 125 and 100 aren't that different, I defeated a 125 in a 100 with ease.

Driver talent. I beat a 125 on Kart Space using my Jr. kart.
 
I also tested them out myself.
 
Jr. karts are the closest handling to real life.

There's not a lot of difference, the Jr's just accelerate faster. I don't think it's fair to say 'it was a less than fun series'. It was the first race, there were a couple of flaws, but those will get sorted. I still had fun.
 
Mel, Are you suggesting a Jr only series?
Also, no offence. But if your quitting because of the track, thats a bit ridiculous. We go to Tsukbua Next Sunday, there are three out of 7 corners that not even the Jrs can take full speed. At least try that before backing out...
 
Yeah, I'm dropping out.
 
Without a second thought? Come on, It was indy, a test race, and the least interesting race in the season, just give us time, race Tsukbua, and if you still want to retire, you wont have any arguments.
 
I'm still in for the series. I think the biggest issue was the drops. Although one restart wouldn't be bad. Kind of like a caution to bunch things up.
 
I have done a lot of kart races in GT5 and all karts handles differently. All need different driving style.
I like to have all in 100cc with tunning and long races.
I like to have all in Jr'2 cc with tunning and long races.
I like to have all in 125 cc with tunning and long races.
LOL
But stock karts are ok too.
 
I'm still in for the series. I think the biggest issue was the drops. Although one restart wouldn't be bad. Kind of like a caution to bunch things up.

I agree, I'd rather we just kept on racing, give the person who dropped out half the points of what they'd get if they finished perhaps?

I know it sucks if you get disconnected, but it sucks for everyone having to restart. Hopefully there'll be less issues next time anyway.
 
Last edited:
I have done a lot of kart races in GT5 and all karts handles differently. All need different driving style.
I like to have all in 100cc with tunning and long races.
I like to have all in Jr'2 cc with tunning and long races.
I like to have all in 125 cc with tunning and long races.
LOL

I like this attitude, race whatever you're in. :p

Sorry for double post.
 
May be some strategy. Pit stop mandatory. Fuel/tire wear fast/very fast.
 
Last edited:
Seemed so, but I have only decent internet, and if I disconnect I dont want to be out, perhaps Set the auto start to 5min and if they dont make it then too bad. Or a maximum of three times we wait if a person DC? And it will need to be a different person, so if Mort DCs, we wait, if we race and it happens to him again, he gets half points.
 
SpeedyishOlly
I'd rather we just kept on racing, give the person who dropped out half the points of what they'd get if they finished perhaps?

I know it sucks if you get disconnected, but it sucks for everyone having to restart.

I actually could not agree more, and most of the times I'd be the victim! Disconnections are like mechanical failures: they happen sometimes, and races don't restart for the likes of one driver, and if you can't solve them, you'll have to expect the worst but hope for the best.

As I said, I'll try things over the next few weeks. If it doesn't work, I'm likely to be out for anything but the "good weeks" :(

And yes, I wrote this 20 to midnight, because I can't sleep..
 
OK, then its settled, you get half points if the position you were in as of a disconnection. You can still achieve full points for the second event 👍

So any other issues to address?
 
Last edited:
OK, then its settled, you get half points if the position you were in as of a disconnection. You can still achieve full points for the second event 👍

So any other issues to address?

Sounds good, what are we doing about the Jr's/100's issue?
 
I say keep Jr.s for season one, or after Tsukbua at the very least.
 
Sure, might as well see how it goes with a different track.
 
On my PS3 (Jesus I hate browsing with a DS3). All I see right now is conflict :grumpy:
When I return to my PC I'll analize the situation.

OLLYton, Congrats on the win :cheers:
 
On my PS3 (Jesus I hate browsing with a DS3). All I see right now is conflict :grumpy:
When I return to my PC I'll analize the situation.

OLLYton, Congrats on the win :cheers:

Thanks :) It was a fun race, I just think a few people got a little frustrated with restarting/ delays, but that will be resolved next race.
 
Thanks :) It was a fun race, I just think a few people got a little frustrated with restarting/ delays, but that will be resolved next race.
What we need is a different host (Nas' won't cut it).

I have a good connection (Through my Wi-Fi connection), I'm available on most every sunday as well.
 
Thats mean :ouch:
My internet held well. Mortenhausen has his own issues, and Kad... I don't know what happened. I just gotta reboot the router before i start the room.
 
Back