The NRS Kart Cup *Race 8/4/13 6pm GMT*

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 1,028 comments
  • 40,863 views
Thats mean :ouch:
My internet held well. Mortenhausen has his own issues, and Kad... I don't know what happened. I just gotta reboot the router before i start the room.
Or have sparky do the hosting for ya :sly:
 
Wi-Fi is not good connection - wired is.
 
Wi-Fi is not good connection - wired is.
Mine's better than my wired connection. My brother and I are the only ones who use it so it's quick and stable as hell :D
 
We'll have to try it during practice.
 
We'll have to try it during practice.
Well yes. I promise to stick around more despite being busy and more interested in pokemon (Just got me a Flygon :D).
 
I said I'm out if you drop Jr. karts. Re-open registration, get some real numbers in, yell at rallymorten's teammate and ensure that everyone actually returns. But, if things don't go smoothly at Tsukuba, (my favourite kart track now) or you guys drop Jr. karts, I'm not staying.


Basically, my schedule's tight. If you're going to expect me to race for more than 2 hours, wow, that's not happening. If you insist on waiting for every time someone's internet pops off, time gets eaten up and enjoyment is not had.


When I ran series, I rarely waited for people who disconnected. They had to come prepared or be disconnected. When I was disconnected, the races went as per scheduled without me. Everyone left having run the maximum number of races, and we were always done ahead of schedule. If people disconnected, they set out like Morten is, and fixed their problems in advance of the races.
 
Understood. Jrs stay, and will be more intense and challenging at Tsukbua. But if your expecting the Jr.'s to stay on par with 100s, I dont have a clue what your thinking :lol:
and as we said, if you disconnect, you get half points. So if morten is 1st and disconnects, he still gets 8 points. :)
 
I just give disconnection people last positions, but that is a little bit mean.
 
Right then. Bring on round 1, and let's hope things turn out good :)

On the other hand, yesterday was preseason. Things have to go wrong in preseason, don't they? :lol:

Edit: in other news, yes, we should reopen for signups. 4 Jr's just don't cut it imo, which was why I supported having only 1 kart, and as the majority was in 100's I figured that was the way.
 
Last edited:
Sorry that I couldn't come yesterday I had just come back from karting and was really busy after that
 
Sorry that I couldn't come yesterday I had just come back from karting and was really busy after that

Good. Welcome back. Jr. karts only had three people, for two laps, until Morten disconnected, left me with only my teammate, who got bored and forced a switch to 100cc karts. :yuck: You don't find that 100cc karts handle realistically, do you?
 
Nope they dont
 
Personally, the 100cc and 125ccc karts feel more like Mario Kart karts.
 
Weird, cause everything else in GT5 seems to be super realistic... oh wait no :rolleyes:
 
Right then. Bring on round 1, and let's hope things turn out good :)

On the other hand, yesterday was preseason. Things have to go wrong in preseason, don't they? :lol:

Edit: in other news, yes, we should reopen for signups. 4 Jr's just don't cut it imo, which was why I supported having only 1 kart, and as the majority was in 100's I figured that was the way.

Ok, Pm me the masked url again, I cant figure out how to mask them yet :(

Also it would be good if you removed the 100 option.
 
Here I am.

I can't really say anything about the 100cc physics discrepancy in GT5. I have no real driving experience whatsoever outside of nearly killing a Maverick, sh***** my pants after taking the wheel of a Blazer when I was 5 and driving an even slower than jr kart without turning right.

That's how much I know about driving real cars so I have no idea what makes the 100cc/125cc class feel unrealistic :ouch:

Fill me in on why please....
 
I have to skip Tsubuka. Sorry teammate.
 
@jammy, thanks for the foreward mention! 👍
 
2nd thought - it's take about 1 min (100cc) to lap Tsubuka and if race #1 start right at 18:00 GMT i might have possible to join you. Anyway i'll have to leave room/race at the latest 18:30 GMT.
That's all the available time i have to share this race. So if race start at 18:00 GMT and there no delays i might finish the race #1 but it'll be very close call. Race #2 is no go to me.
 
That's how much I know about driving real cars so I have no idea what makes the 100cc/125cc class feel unrealistic :ouch:

Fill me in on why please....

The rear tires are too grippy. The axle doesn't feel wide enough. The steering is slow and dull. Counter-steer is delayed. Brake-lock is over-dramaticized. Basically, the rear tires seem to have too much grip, the kart understeers, but if you try to trail-brake (a big part of karting,) the kart skids too much, too quickly, and the counter-steering is too slow and delayed.


So, it's like driving an FF car that suddenly becomes an RR car at random intervals under braking.


So, yes, the physics are wrong.


Jr. Karts understeer, but at least the rear grip is consistent and predictable. Trail-braking is actually a possibility, and the kart responds a little bit more realistically.
 
Thx MrM! That's interesting. Is 125cc same issues?
I really like Jr's - it's fun to drive. May be we in Jr' class could have custom/tunning transmission that give us more speed.
Hi Doodle! Come and join us!
Saw you reading this thread :)
 
Last edited:
Doodlemonoply?! :eek: Duuuuuuuuuuudeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Oh, and 125cc karts have the same problem, imo.


But, the Jr. Karts are 11 hp, the karts I race in real life are 10 hp. I can safely compare th differences in Jr. Vs. GX200 powered Birel AM29 (real life kart,) and say that GT5's physics emphasize the exact handling characteristics we tune out of our karts with chassis adjustments. It's weird. The Jr. Karts, 100s, and 125s, all seem to understeer (never do out karts understeer in real life) until they pass the limit of adhesion, when the oversteer gets even worse, and we scrub off even more speed. But, the real life karts respond well to trail-braking. The fastest drivers enter the corners sideways, pointing the kart straight for the next straightaway, and braking later.


In real life, you turn the wheel twice, once for a tenth of a second, for turn-in, and then you counter-steer the whole way through the corner like a drifter. In GT5, there's too much understeer. :(
 
Thx. BTW Saw your race videos in other thread (Karts). Very good driving.
 
"Good" :lol: I can still find another 8 tenths of a second. I'm highly disappointed, in that regard, because I know where I'm losing time, but it seems counter-intuitive, and wrong, to drive the lines the faster drivers do. But, this Friday, I'm going to run those lines regardless. :)


But, for a rookie, I'm doing pretty well. Oh, and thanks. :)
 
The rear tires are too grippy. The axle doesn't feel wide enough. The steering is slow and dull. Counter-steer is delayed. Brake-lock is over-dramaticized. Basically, the rear tires seem to have too much grip, the kart understeers, but if you try to trail-brake (a big part of karting,) the kart skids too much, too quickly, and the counter-steering is too slow and delayed.


So, it's like driving an FF car that suddenly becomes an RR car at random intervals under braking.


So, yes, the physics are wrong.


Jr. Karts understeer, but at least the rear grip is consistent and predictable. Trail-braking is actually a possibility, and the kart responds a little bit more realistically.
Hmmm I see.

Yes I feel a weird amount of understeer when in my white/black 100cc Kart. Then it starts oversteering when I enter a corner while braking (Which is why I mostly brake early). You can always save a drift for some reason and achieve a ridiculous amount of oppo. In full rain the 100/125 Karts can get a drift angle that not even Ken Block can achieve with a 650HP Ford Fiesta. I always felt that these things acted too weird and unpredictable to be you know, karts.

I have driven the jr kart many times, and it feels a bit more predictable as you already stated, the kart doesn't feel murderous and stuff.
 
2nd thought - it's take about 1 min (100cc) to lap Tsubuka and if race #1 start right at 18:00 GMT i might have possible to join you. Anyway i'll have to leave room/race at the latest 18:30 GMT.
That's all the available time i have to share this race. So if race start at 18:00 GMT and there no delays i might finish the race #1 but it'll be very close call. Race #2 is no go to me.

You should start and park race 2. In other words you should start race two, then quit, so you at least get points for last place, and assuming theres only 4 Jrs at the moment, thats 10 points, divided by two for early exit, so thats 5 points for you and your team. That can help you two a lot. 👍
 
How did the pre-season go? :)
 
How did the pre-season go? :)
I wasn't there :(

There was a DC wave, 5 drivers out of 8 finished, lots of rage, etc.
 
Need your opinions, how many practices? 1, 2, or 3?
 
Back