The NSX is making a return...

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,074 comments
Sweet blue NSX! Of course, I love blue. I certainly love something like a Sapphire Blue- kind of like what that NSX from SEMA (Post #868) is.

To me, just because this doesn't have the looks and character of NSXes of old doesn't mean there's no reason to be excited about this new NSX. Most people seem to look at this NSX like it went from a supercar to a hopped-up luxury car. This NSX is still a car to be excited about even if it doesn't look the part or seem the part. It took me some time to appreciate this NSX. I still want to maybe get to see this car in person.

And now that the NSX has been revealed in it's full, soulless glory, one starts to look forward to Mugen version.

If we start seeing MUGEN, Type-R, and Spoon versions of this NSX, these will no doubt be the most powerful Honda/Acura models in history. I know I heard rumors of maybe a GT3-spec NSX. Imagine a homologated version of that. Considering the NSX, we may even see an S-Zero version. Why not? Keep the NSX namesake going with all of its variations.

download.jpg

I don't say this often about almost any car, but black looks great on this NSX. It just has that menacing and smooth appearance in black. I'd prefer a shiny black than some matte black for it.

It should also be noted that Acura describes this as its first "built-to-order" vehicle, but the limited external color options and interior schemes don't appear to be much different than the extent to which you can customize an Accord. The configurator goes live on February 25th, if you want to see for yourself.
"Built-to-order" likely more referring to its literal meaning; they're not building one until someone orders one. This is a huge price for Acura's market, & even with NSXs still holding some crazy values, I don't think most owners will be in the market for a $200,000-successor. At that price point, I'm willing to bet these new NSXs will be joining some well-founded models from the Germans & Italians in garages.

-> Crack Pipe (Jalopnik reference). For that price, I could get this instead:

LP580-2
lp580-2-red123.jpg

(USD$160K-214K)

^ Sure the spec-sheet fans will dismiss me for this, but I'd rather have fun rather than bragging on what it says on paper. If Honda made the NSX USD$10K less, then a lot of people will be very tempted!

-> Honda has done it this time... :indiff:

-> Crack Pipe (Jalopnik reference). For that price, I could get this instead:

LP580-2
lp580-2-red123.jpg

(USD$160K-214K)

^ Sure the spec-sheet fans will dismiss me for this, but I'd rather have fun rather than bragging on what it says on paper. If Honda made the NSX USD$10K less, then a lot of people will be very tempted!

-> Honda has done it this time... :indiff:
Not following what you're saying here. The NSX still costs less...

I don't think that 4 or even 10 thousand moneys are going to make a big difference to most potential buyers. If you're going to spend around 150-170k, few thousands one way or another shouldn't be a major problem.

Not following what you're saying here. The NSX still costs less...

But only 4K. If you had the money to get something like that, 4K extra wouldn't hurt to get a RWD Lamborghini over a Honda.

Edit: Semi-tree'd

I wish Honda/Acura didn't go all-out on the technological stuff. I think the idea was too ambitious, and it's starting to show. Hopefully the NSX can do what the R35 did. Forget the past, add computers, and destroy everything.

Last edited:
I wish Honda/Acura didn't go all-out on the technological stuff.
wait i'll fix that for you; i wish honda didn't go all out greedy. Once upon a time the NSX was the budget Ferrari, now it just has become one of the too many expensive supercars.
If we start seeing MUGEN, Type-R, and Spoon versions of this NSX, these will no doubt be the most powerful Honda/Acura models in history. I know I heard rumors of maybe a GT3-spec NSX. Imagine a homologated version of that. Considering the NSX, we may even see an S-Zero version. Why not? Keep the NSX namesake going with all of its variations.
Well that could be the only good move done for this NSX. Putting the new car on the line against other cars can only be beneficial.

Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports, bought the first 2017 NSX for $1.2 million at the 2016 Barret-Jackson auction Friday.

All the proceeds of the NSX's sale went to two charities, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and Camp Southern Ground. Hendrick, himself a cancer survivor, has bought other VIN 001 cars at previous Barrett-Jackson auctions including the 2013 Corvette Stingray and the 2015 Corvette Z06.

Since its production hasn't yet begun, Hendrick actually won the right to order the first 2017 NSX, not the car that crossed the auction block. Hendrick keeps his cars in a Museum at Hendrick Motorsports in Charlotte, N.C.

Last edited:
From that pic, it looks like a Coyote kit car(Edit: REMINDS me of the Coyote kit car). I'm trying to think forward but, the NSX-R is stuck in my head. Gordan Murray's inspiration, is gone forever...

Wow, a beautiful chick (can I say chick?) designed this beautiful Acura? Wow again.

Back