The NSX is making a return...

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,074 comments
comparing it to a Porsche 918 at one stage :eek:
"The Suzuki SX4 has the same drivetrain as the Porsche 918 as they're both AWD."

I just compared the SX4 to the 918. Does it mean anything? Not really, no.

Sorry, but until we see the GT-R wipe the floor with the NSX I don't think there's much to be said about the positive reviews.

Captured these in the wild today. Seems like Acura was doing a promo ride around Sunset Blvd because I saw a few more pairs in different colors cruising.

Anyways this car is really purty when you see it front of you

image.jpeg

"The Suzuki SX4 has the same drivetrain as the Porsche 918 as they're both AWD."

I just compared the SX4 to the 918. Does it mean anything? Not really, no.

Sorry, but until we see the GT-R wipe the floor with the NSX I don't think there's much to be said about the positive reviews.
It may help to read how the 918 is mentioned in the article.
In many ways it would be wrong to compare the NSX to an R8 or 488 although those are the benchmark competitors. In fact it feels more directly related to a Porsche 918. Both took years to get right, both hide their additional mass with trick electronics and both represent a new kind of performance car that’s hard not to admire.
The reference is a compliment about how the NSX is as a car, not an actual comparison to the 918.

Until you remove your preconceived opinion on the car, there's not much to be said about your own views either.

It probably is/was the same one. We get the B-roll stuff while the hot talent is current in New York.

I still think a lot of NSX fans will (obviously) favor the older NSX than this one. Even still, this is a great looking Honda/Acura even if it wasn't named "NSX." The NSX models of the 1990s- and perhaps even the fixed headlight NSX models of the early 2000s will still resonate with people more than this NSX. While I haven't seen this car in person, I am in agreement with Omnis that this car is more impressive in person than in pictures. So even if you prefer the classic NSX more than this one, don't discredit or put down this newer NSX because it is still a fabulous car.

Is that red one a Zanardi?! Do want.

I suppose it could be. But the Zanardi was not all that different from the 91-94s. Mostly the Zanardi version fixed what was made worse with the 95+ models. The big thing about the Zanardi version is that it's rare.

In searching for another new NSX vs old NSX comparison pic that I could be sure was to scale, I found this

original.jpg

Holy crap. Is that 'shopped or something?

Edit:
BsVWIVa.jpg

I guess not.

Last edited:
Back