The "Online Boost" demystified

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5: Prologue' started by unimental, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Fujiwara-kun

Fujiwara-kun

I agree on that aswell.

At HSR
    I usually play with 799PP so im usually at the top. My averages turn out to be 1'04's and 1'05's...

But when Im in the middle I get 1:02's without draft I think lol

But then there are times when I am at 1ST and overall finish was 10 second gap between 1st and 2nd...
    About a second lost every sector :indiff:

2. Cultlife

Cultlife

I noticed this massively whilst playing non-GTP games at Suzuka earlier.

At the front of the pack for 3 races in a row, then smashed spinning into the wall at turn 1, losing around 20 seconds, and everything suddenly seemed to be in fast-forward.

3. Daniel_Elessar

Daniel_Elessar

it should be turned off, Hamilton will not say, of i have a gap of 40 sec i will drive slower so that someone can get to me:S... i think they will fix it when private rooms become availeble. i found it verry iritating on daytona oval, since you are in first place with a little gap and suddenly you are in fifth without making a misstake, just something letting you to loose power:S. i don't mind it when it is for better drivers but not in this case.

4. andrewyhy

andrewyhy

Maybe the drivers behind you are just not racing as fast as you did (with boost). If the drivers behind you are also far away from the back pack, they're going to have the same effect on their cars - slowing them down. ;)

5. HaylRayzor

HaylRayzor Premium

Agreed. Just because the game makes their cars faster doesn't mean the drivers get faster. ;)

6. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Premium

+1 :tup:

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Staff Emeritus

There we have it, straight from the horses mouth.

And we have a non RBE at Suzuka.

No longer a myth.

to super_fla :tup:

8. Rusty*

Rusty* Premium

Yeah, this event is really proving to be as winner anmoung serious player's.:tup:
    I like the fact that without RBE it's easier to gauge just how quick I really am driving.
    Peace,
    Rusty*

9. Live The Dream

Live The Dream

Yes it's definitely the best event so far it's just a shame it wasn't 600pp as their would have been alot more cars to choose from.

10. P3nT4gR4m

P3nT4gR4m

I think it's more of a shame they called it "No mercy" I have a feeling that choice of name will be a big draw with the muppets :grumpy:

Wish they'd called it "laem race for losers and noobs (no RBE)" That'd have meant we had it all to ourselves :sly:

11. Marchbrown

Marchbrown

LOL and +1^:tup:

12. Blitz187

Blitz187 Premium

^^^ +1 :tup: