The "Online Boost" demystified

• Thread starter unimental
  • 431 comments
I notice it to.

I do alot of HSR 800PP races. When I do practice laps I do high 1:03 and low 1:04 consantly. In the race I do 1:04 1:05 and when I end up in the back of the field I do much faster laps. Last night I pulled out a couple of 1:02 and 1:01 in a row. I came from last place (10) to 2 place just behind the leader in about 4 laps.
I notice it on suzuka 750PP aswell

The fastest driver deserves to win.

They REALLY REALLY REALLY gotto fix this.

I agree on that aswell.

At HSR
I usually play with 799PP so im usually at the top. My averages turn out to be 1'04's and 1'05's...

But when Im in the middle I get 1:02's without draft I think lol

But then there are times when I am at 1ST and overall finish was 10 second gap between 1st and 2nd...
About a second lost every sector :indiff:

I noticed this massively whilst playing non-GTP games at Suzuka earlier.

At the front of the pack for 3 races in a row, then smashed spinning into the wall at turn 1, losing around 20 seconds, and everything suddenly seemed to be in fast-forward.

it should be turned off, Hamilton will not say, of i have a gap of 40 sec i will drive slower so that someone can get to me:S... i think they will fix it when private rooms become availeble. i found it verry iritating on daytona oval, since you are in first place with a little gap and suddenly you are in fifth without making a misstake, just something letting you to loose power:S. i don't mind it when it is for better drivers but not in this case.

I understand that theory, but in both races I think I was, & remained, a significant distance in front of the following cars. You'd think that running 2.05+ the following cars would catch up pretty quickly over 3 or 4 laps.

Maybe the drivers behind you are just not racing as fast as you did (with boost). If the drivers behind you are also far away from the back pack, they're going to have the same effect on their cars - slowing them down. ;)

Me: ok there is one question that have never been asked before, and a detail that had never been officialy mentioned any where. which is the "catch up mode" or "Boost" as GT4 stated it, some people call it "Rubber band effect" whats the deal with that ? everyone is annoyed of it , is there is any chance to get rid of it in the future?

K.Y: "ahhaaa" we but that feature to allow a fair race for everyone for instance, if you started in the 16th position in a rooling start at fuji-speedway there is no way to win the race. also it does help but not that much. its only active when the gap is huge (more than 2 seconds). also there were some event that the RBE were not active. we will only remove it completly only when there is going to be a qualifying laps to sent every on position in the starting grid. Plus only very good and proffesional players will like playing without it active.

Me : what does it actually do ? is more grip ? or more speed ? for the left behind cars . or less grip, speed for the leading car?

K.Y: its a compination of both grip and speed for both.

then he asked me whats your favorite track in the game?

i told him suzuka .

then he said ok .. then we'll but an event called super-proffesional-event where the RBE will be disabled just for you "and he smiled"

There we have it, straight from the horses mouth.

And we have a non RBE at Suzuka.

No longer a myth.

to super_fla 👍

Yeah, this event is really proving to be as winner anmoung serious player's.👍
I like the fact that without RBE it's easier to gauge just how quick I really am driving.
Peace,
Rusty*

I think it's more of a shame they called it "No mercy" I have a feeling that choice of name will be a big draw with the muppets :grumpy:

Wish they'd called it "laem race for losers and noobs (no RBE)" That'd have meant we had it all to ourselves :sly:

I think it's more of a shame they called it "No mercy" I have a feeling that choice of name will be a big draw with the muppets :grumpy:

Wish they'd called it "laem race for losers and noobs (no RBE)" That'd have meant we had it all to ourselves :sly:

LOL and +1^👍

Yeah, this event is really proving to be as winner anmoung serious player's.👍
I like the fact that without RBE it's easier to gauge just how quick I really am driving.
Peace,
Rusty*

^^^ +1 👍

Back