The Parity Club - Interest Check and TestingFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,011 comments
Can I have #77?
Will only make the Sunday races due to the time zone issue.

Edit: Just realized its your number. I will give this some thought... :)

Last edited:
Lets go with #25 for now.

Btw, on Sunday my PS3 spat out the "Network incompatible with room owner” error. Could this be related to the PSN issues we had or do I need to fix something? I really don’t wana miss another race day due to network issues.

Hey I'd like to try this out. I only wish my "Mean Green" RX-7 was a premium car. Please hold #28 for me.
PSN: PlatinumRolex

Hey I'd like to try this out. I only wish my "Mean Green" RX-7 was a premium car. Please hold #28 for me.
PSN: PlatinumRolex

Excellent. There are at least 3 premium RX-7's available, any chance you could use one of those? The 2002 Spirit R is an especially nice drive and that's the car I used to set the targets with so in stock form it should be pretty much good to go (some small adjustments may be needed to suit your style/speed).

So we'll be using these cars for the testing tomorrow?:

Car Selection and Targets

Car Class: Low Power RWD Street Cars (any Premium FR, MR, or RR street car 1989 or newer that's under 475pp stock) on SH or SM tires. These would be cars like the Miata, S2000, Clio, NSX, RX7, FRS, 350z, etc. Please add the square number plate that has Gran Turismo along the top of it.

Track: Nurburgring GP/D

Targets: 1:42 lap time, 131mph/211kph top speed at end of front stretch. You must not drop below the target time, aim for your lap average to be 2-3 tenths over target to allow a margin of error. If you drop under the target time please jump out and make adjustments to your car as necessary.

Also, do we test lap times online or offline?

So we'll be using these cars for the testing tomorrow?:

Also, do we test lap times online or offline?

Correct. Here is a list of available cars that are Premium and can have the snazzy number plates put on them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YDiycWMcUv66_IiM9kzLyno_Y0/edit#gid=571628214

I would recommend doing your testing online since that's the environment we'll be racing in. I don't know the exact difference between online and offline but I know if you do your testing offline your times will be slightly different when you join the online room. Since consistency is very important with this kind of racing I'd think doing your tests offline would be a bit of a waste of time.

Correct. Here is a list of available cars that are Premium and can have the snazzy number plates put on them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YDiycWMcUv66_IiM9kzLyno_Y0/edit#gid=571628214

I would recommend doing your testing online since that's the environment we'll be racing in. I don't know the exact difference between online and offline but I know if you do your testing offline your times will be slightly different when you join the online room. Since consistency is very important with this kind of racing I'd think doing your tests offline would be a bit of a waste of time.
Cool, thanks. Getting my car together now. 👍

Yes!.... interested in parity racing on the Sunday timeslot.
I like the format very much,close racing,testing all kind of cars you otherwise never use.

Number #22 please.:)

Hey, I dont check the forum for a day and group almost full.

I'll be there Sundays #33

Don't worry, you're always in. 👍

Yes!.... interested in parity racing on the Sunday timeslot.
I like the format very much,close racing,testing all kind of cars you otherwise never use.

Number #22 please.:)

Excellent. If any of you WRS guys have any input/feedback/suggestions about how to make this successful I welcome your thoughts. I did this kind of racing with DeadNutsEven as a participant, and while I've hosted hundreds of organized events I have never hosted parity racing so I may need a little guidance from time to time. 👍

We have pretty much a full room signed up right now but I'm guessing we won't all be able to show up on the same day so hopefully we can fit everyone in. If we get 12-14 on the grid I'll be quite pleased, but if we end up with more than 16 we may have to split into two rooms so I may eventually need a volunteer who's willing to jump out and open a second room. @amarynceos? @hobbsy? @Cu3e?

I'll be in for Tuesdays. Although, I maybe late for the the first race each Tuesday due to my timing. Hopefully there will be room still for 1 more.

Gaining a lot of interest quick! (Which is great!) It will be nice to see a 12-14 drivers on the grid. Hope it keeps rolling! 👍

I'm all the way up to the maximum PP on my car though. But wait, can we go over 475?

Yes, you can go over 475pp. That's just kind of a guideline, cars that are around 475pp (or under) in stock form should be fairly easy to get on pace with each other. But getting a 375pp car to hit the same targets as a 600pp car will be very difficult. So if you have a car that's, say, 450pp stock but you need to make it 500pp to meet the targets, that's fine. Also, try going to the softer tire compound (in this case, SM). Those should be good for at least a couple seconds a lap (if you weren't already on them).

Mind if I ask what car you're using?

What car is it?? I have been testing the 350z and it was quite tough for me...Im still in the air on what other cars I should tune and test
. For me it may require more HP. :irked:

I had a tough time getting the 350z on target, ended up having to put it on SM tires but eventually got it where it needed to be. 👍

Yes, you can go over 475pp. That's just kind of a guideline, cars that are around 475pp (or under) in stock form should be fairly easy to get on pace with each other. But getting a 375pp car to hit the same targets as a 600pp car will be very difficult. So if you have a car that's, say, 450pp stock but you need to make it 500pp to meet the targets, that's fine. Also, try going to the softer tire compound (in this case, SM). Those should be good for at least a couple seconds a lap (if you weren't already on them).

Mind if I ask what car you're using?
Thanks. I tried the Silvia and the 135i Coupe. I'm going to go tune my Silvia a bit more.

Oooooooh Snap!!!!! We've got "Mean Green 2" ready for some race action.
Running 1:42.780 @ Nurburgring GP/D

191753-1d37f8c8325337a3daa2b790e16d4c3c.jpg

Excellent. There are at least 3 premium RX-7's available, any chance you could use one of those? The 2002 Spirit R is an especially nice drive and that's the car I used to set the targets with so in stock form it should be pretty much good to go (some small adjustments may be needed to suit your style/speed).

Thanks for the suggestion. My '93 Type RZ was my baby until I met this sweet lil chic. My side chic is a Vintage Red '91 Type R. Lol.

^ I like you're style. :sly:

Thanks. I tried the Silvia and the 135i Coupe. I'm going to go tune my Silvia a bit more.

So far I've got about a half dozen cars dialed in and it seems they all end up around 460-465pp, but this will vary from driver to driver. People faster than me might only need a 450pp car, while slower guys may need a 500pp car. As long as you're on target, have a number plate, and don't have a big aftermarket wing, I'll be happy. :P

Sure, I can volunteer for sundays

I'll volunteer for Tuesdays. 👍

Thanks guys. I'm not sure if we'll need it, but if we get 15-16 in a room I might ask one of you to jump out and create a second room and ask for a few volunteers to follow you over. I think we'll probably be ok and for now I've closed things up so we'll work with what we have and see what happens. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey guys I'll be online testing my RX-7's out for a few hours. If anybody wants to get a few laps in, the room id is 1472-4711-0167-3386-0120.

I'm probably going to have a room open in a bit, if anyone wants to join make sure you've sent me a FR before I get the room open or you probably won't be able to join.

Back