The Parity Club - Interest Check and TestingFinished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,011 comments
Are we using the only using the GT number plates (type 5 maybe?) like in the testing or can we go crazy and use any number plate we want?

I'd prefer everyone use the same style so the grid looks uniform. But that's just my personal preference and I don't want to be dictator about it so I guess you can use whatever one you want.

Fixed that for you Brandon.:lol:

Well, I'm not going to be that dickish about it. :P But I like the idea of the grid looking like it's part of an organized club/series and usually the number plate would be standardized for all cars in that type of organization. Like so:

Solaris.jpg
scca-pwc-sonoma-2013-race-action.jpg

But there's no practical reason for mandating this, other than "I want" and I can't police it, so if someone uses another style of number plate I'm not going to complain or kick them out. But I would like it if everyone used the square plate with "Gran Turismo" along the top of it. :D

Well, i think I've found my car of choice last night. The Evora :drool:

Handles and brakes brilliantly as standard, with a close ratio box added, its on the button for speed. I'll play around with the balance and susp etc a little obviously. But its good to go, i think my best time after about 7 or 8 laps was a 1:42.096.

@KingKlingeling, I'm sure you already know that you need to modify the car even more now in order to get it up to speed but I'm just reminding you that we are using faster vehicles if you didn't make any adjustments.

Oh and that first picture you showed us Brandon, showed us what happens at monza on the first lap. Chaos and people aren't even able to keep the car on the track because there is no room.

Handles and brakes brilliantly as standard, with a close ratio box added, its on the button for speed. I'll play around with the balance and susp etc a little obviously. But its good to go, i think my best time after about 7 or 8 laps was a 1:42.096.

Your fastest lap is going to come around lap 6-8 due to fuel burn off, something to keep in mind when testing. 👍

I'll stick with my favourite car in the whole game , the BRZ.
setup is already finished :D
and square GT number plate is attached :cheers:
@KingKlingeling, I'm sure you already know that you need to modify the car even more now in order to get it up to speed but I'm just reminding you that we are using faster vehicles if you didn't make any adjustments.

Oh and that first picture you showed us Brandon, showed us what happens at monza on the first lap. Chaos and people aren't even able to keep the car on the track because there is no room.

Yeah, the BRZ will need ~50pp added to it from the spec we were previously racing with it. I think I tossed a turbo and some intake/exhaust bits on it and maybe some weight reduction. I got it on target but it's so docile and lamb-like compared to the other twitchy monsters in this group........kinda put me to sleep. :lol: I plan on racing it at least once but I was happy to get back in my bonkers Clio and get some sideways action going. :P

Talking of the Evora: http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/08/28/lotus-announces-new-competition/

I was being somewhat over-ambitious and tried very hard to get the Fit up to speed. I gave up in the end. The Mazda Roadster wasn't bad and BRZ was ok, but like you say Brandon, somewhat lifeless and not much fun.

Talking of the Evora: http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/08/28/lotus-announces-new-competition/

I was being somewhat over-ambitious and tried very hard to get the Fit up to speed. I gave up in the end. The Mazda Roadster wasn't bad and BRZ was ok, but like you say Brandon, somewhat lifeless and not much fun.

So, is there really only one Evora in the UK, or not? Such a sarcastic announcement! :lol:

FYI, the Fit is FF and not eligible for this go-round of racing, only FR, MR or RR cars. 👍

I clean forgot about the 300zx. Nice car.

I have never been much of a Bimmer fan, nevertheless...

Proudly presenting the glorious, lemon twist, BMW 135i (tuned up to 475pp). Affectionately named Twister (for obvious reasons). In my hands, capable of a 1:42:6 around Nurb GP/D.

IMG_20140827_231116.jpg

I clean forgot about the 300zx. Nice car.

I have never been much of a Bimmer fan, nevertheless...

Proudly presenting the glorious, lemon twist, BMW 135i (tuned up to 475pp). Affectionately named Twister (for obvious reasons). In my hands, capable of a 1:42:6 around Nurb GP/D.

View attachment 213165

That looks almost identical to the Bimmer @daddyo845 was driving last night. Doppelganger!!

Jon! How dare you copy my car! Lol I'm kidding although I really don't want us both running a yellow bimmer so I can change my car color.
I am interested to hear what you did to your car because mine is a whopping 518 pp even though my time and speed is on target. I've got 350 hp and I have stage 1-3 weight reduction running on sh tires. Are you running sm by any chance?

Jon! How dare you copy my car! Lol I'm kidding although I really don't want us both running a yellow bimmer so I can change my car color.
I am interested to hear what you did to your car because mine is a whopping 518 pp even though my time and speed is on target. I've got 350 hp and I have stage 1-3 weight reduction running on sh tires. Are you running sm by any chance?

I noticed your car was a powerhouse. Once you figure out the final turn you're going to be hitting 140mph on the front stretch! :lol: But everything looked on target as you stand now. 👍

(For reference, most of my cars are right around 465pp/300hp)

I swear I was getting 131 on the front stretch without draft and it was more like 134-135 with draft. That final turn is so crucial and I know that now. I've gotten better at it but I've yet to master it.
My performance varies wildly depending on tire choice. Depending what car and what track, just switching from sh to sm can cut 5 seconds off my time. I had to keep it on sh to get the car up to speed. I'll need to work with it more. Oh and @BrandonW77 can I ask what your average weight is?

Hey bud, if I get the chance I will set up another car for myself, if not, I will change the colour. I don't remember all the mods I added of the top, was a few...
yes, I am on SM tires, the SH leave the back end way too loose.

Okay because when I put my car on sm I can match the time but not the speed. To compensate I have to leave the car on sh add more power and lose more weight to help meet the requirements. I plan on setting another car up as well.

A question for you @BrandonW77, are you planning on having us use the same set of cars for two weeks just on different tracks, and were we ever planning to do more specific classes of cars like American muscle for example?

I find adjusting the top speed to be difficult without a full custom transmission, dropping power or adding weight seems to effect my lap time more than cutting the top speed!

Maybe it's just me though, I've only been testing with the DS3 so far. Which I do not plan on using for the race anyway!

After testing for a couple of hours my S-2000 is almost ready. Kind of fun tinkering with power, weight and the tires to get to the right laptime.
I'm at 454pp, and stock 234 Hp. Sports medium and some aero parts...

I swear I was getting 131 on the front stretch without draft and it was more like 134-135 with draft. That final turn is so crucial and I know that now. I've gotten better at it but I've yet to master it.
My performance varies wildly depending on tire choice. Depending what car and what track, just switching from sh to sm can cut 5 seconds off my time. I had to keep it on sh to get the car up to speed. I'll need to work with it more. Oh and @BrandonW77 can I ask what your average weight is?

You were hitting 131/132mph regularly, no worries. But there is 1-2 seconds hiding in that final turn once you know how to tackle it (very late apex). 👍 No idea what my average weight is, really depends on the car, but I'd guess they mostly range betwen 1,000-1,200kg.

A question for you @BrandonW77, are you planning on having us use the same set of cars for two weeks just on different tracks, and were we ever planning to do more specific classes of cars like American muscle for example?

For now we're going to use the same set of cars for two weeks, we'll do short races the first week and then a short race/long race the second week after we all have our cars well tested and dialed in. Eventually I will get more specific with the car classes but for the time being I'm going to keep it fairly open as we all wrap our heads around what's involved with parity racing/tuning. Once we're all parity pro's I have some fun ideas for getting into more specific car classes. 👍

After testing for a couple of hours my S-2000 is almost ready. Kind of fun tinkering with power, weight and the tires to get to the right laptime.
I'm at 454pp, and stock 234 Hp. Sports medium and some aero parts...

It is kinda fun. I've been racing stock one-make races for so long that it's been quite enjoyable buying/adding parts and building cars. Up until we started this parity testing a few weeks ago I don't think I had ever added a single tuning part to a car in GT6, now dozens of them have been molested! :P I still try to limit it to parts I can add/remove from the lobby tuning screen so I can get a car back to stock quickly if needed. But eventually we're going to get crazy and build us some proper race cars with aero bits and wangs and all the adjustable goodies. 👍

Last edited:
Thought I'd throw in my two cents about the final turn at the Nurburgring GP final corner. I whipped up some quick visual aids. Note that I'm far far from an expert so the details might be perfect, and the drawings aren't meant to be 100% precise. They should convey the gist though.

Here's what I think of as the 'intuitive' approach to a long constant-radius corner like this one. (It's called the Coca-Cola Kurve by the way, but that's a horrible name for a corner so I won't use it.) The car takes an early turn in and follows a pretty much parabolic path, clipping the inner kerbing at roughly the halfway point. Here one starts to get back on the power at the clipping point, but since there's still a lot of steering lock being applied at this point so throttle application has to be partial (unless one wants to induce understeer and then have to wait even longer to get fully on the loud pedal.)

'Intuitive' approach:
nrbgp_finalturn1.jpg

Here, in contrast, is the 'late-apex' approach. Turn-in is later and more vigourous in this scenario. It should be noted that minimum corner speed is usually lower than in the previous example. However, one gets the car pointed straighter sooner and full throttle can be reached earlier. Using a line like this one, I'm usually at or near full throttle well before the clipping point, which as can be seen is far deeper. (I *may* have drawn it a little too deep, I didn't fire up the game to see exactly where I clip the inside.) This along with a less curved exit and thus less steering input leads to higher exit speeds, and a faster lap time.

'Late-apex' approach:
nrbgp_finalturn2.jpg

When I switched to the late turn-in and late-apex approach to the final corner while practicing for a Ferrari Festival race, I gained at least six tenths in lap times.

Hope this is helpful to someone. :embarrassed:

--amar

Latest Posts

Back