The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,964 comments
Em9XbXVXEAg3foC.jpg

I don't think he stole it from me as I don't imagine I have that kind of reach. I wonder how long before it occurred to me it was originally shared--I didn't get it from anywhere but I'm also certain I didn't think of it first.

Rather than the militias these all sound like alt names for their online wing at Parler in the "MeinSpace" mould.

Em1tvZ8XYAEwmV2.jpeg

I was thinking of suggesting they call the hobby squad mock soldiers "Militia Gilbert" but it turns out the real Melissa is a true blue Democrat. And "der Roseanne Cavaliers" is a bit on the esoteric side for non-opera fans.

---

Last edited:
...Oh, I can definitely relate to this. I need to wear glasses to read, and they fog up like hell if I don't perch it just right above my nose and the mask. It's a pain in the neck, but I can live with that.
Same here. On top of that, I had a driving test cancelled by this damn disease, so I'm confined to Ireland's oh-so-wonderful public transport unless I want to cough up for contacts or laser treatment.

Last edited:
I don't have the slightest idea what this "Biden culture" is, but anyone who doesn't like Parks and Rec should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

I just found it funny as I don’t like that show. NBC can nail it at times, but like The Office, just not for me.

“Biden Culture” on the other hand. No idea what is really defined by it, but probably just a term to describe that mid 20s to mid 30s demographic of progressive whites that watched shows like Parks and Rec.

DK
Same here. On top of that, I had a driving test cancelled by this damn disease, so I'm confined to Ireland's oh-so-wonderful public transport unless I want to cough up for contacts or laser treatment.

Um...

I just found it funny as I don’t like that show. NBC can nail it at times, but like The Office, just not for me.

“Biden Culture” on the other hand. No idea what is really defined by it, but probably just a term to describe that mid 20s to mid 30s demographic of progressive whites that watched shows like Parks and Rec.
I's just joking around.

One of the shows that just disappeared from tv here. And in the mean time, Friends, HIMYM, Will and Grace and Married with Children are all on a infinity loop.

One of the shows that just disappeared from tv here. And in the mean time, Friends, HIMYM, Will and Grace and Married with Children are all on a infinity loop.

Parks & Recs disappeared from Netflix last month and I can't find it anywhere but the Comedy Central app and even then they have only one season and only like 7 episodes of it. I've probably watched it start to finish about 12 times. Pretty bummed.

Parks & Recs disappeared from Netflix last month and I can't find it anywhere but the Comedy Central app and even then they have only one season and only like 7 episodes of it. I've probably watched it start to finish about 12 times. Pretty bummed.

I’d imagine it will be on Peacock if it’s not already there.

Jordan Klepper is a gift. But over the last few years, the more of these rallies and events he attends, the less successful he is at trying to put on a completely neutral face and the more exasperation seems to leak through.

Mild language warning but the original video is here...

Only that you missed the point. The shirt says " my body my choice" not "my body my choice unless authoritarians say otherwise". I didnt want to open that link because it's Vice and I'm now sorry that I did. Calling people bio weapons is evil and sound like something a dictatorship from a dystopian novel would call it's subjects.
It's not just anti-vaxxers' bodies though. Their actions affect other people.

Abortion doesn't.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. This is not the point. It's either "my body my choice" or It's not.
The cartoonist appears to be. Vaccines only work if enough people use them to develop herd immunity. If people opt out, then they won't work. That's how they eradicated smallpox and presently control the flu and measles. It's not just "my body my choice" as it affects other people.

It's not equivalent to women saying their abortion affects no-one else.

Last edited:
The cartoonist appears to be. Vaccines only work if enough people use them to develop herd immunity. If people opt out, then they won't work. That's how they eradicated smallpox and control the flu. It's not just "my body my choice" as it affects other people.

It's not equivalent to women saying their abortion affects no-one else.

Still not the point. It's my body my choice or It's not.

Still not the point. It's my body my choice or It's not.
It's not when it's not just her body. You shouldn't have to forgo your right to abortion to support mandatory vaccination.

Last edited:
Back