The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,882 comments
aEg2zYN_460s.jpg

Missed the Bill Kristol post. Seeing someone on the left supporting war mongering neo-cons makes me very sad.
I'm not sure abandoning the Kurds is the moral way to go about withdrawing one's troops. I thought the West owed them for fighting ISIS.

I'm not sure abandoning the Kurds is the moral way to go about withdrawing one's troops. I thought the West owed them for fighting ISIS.
Many sides were fighting ISIS. Crying about the Kurds being abandonned while and them being owed for fighting ISIS seems strange to me. The Syrian people were abandonned while they were succesfully destroying ISIS and getting there country back. They were bombed by the US and Israel while they were defeating ISIS.

I don't feel any pity for the Kurds being stopped in their land grab attempt and trying to create their etno-state. Ask the Christians in these regions how they like these Kurds.. The Irony in all this is that Assad warned the Kurds that the Kurds would be abandonned when they no longer serve a purpouse to the US.

Kurds.
The vast majority of them are Sunni Muslims and their Islamic practices and beliefs are marked by a strong influence of Sufism

Going back into the early 80's I had the opportunity to spend several years in the company of Sufis studying yoga, other systems of medicine and fundamental belief. One of their more notable practices is the attainment of altered states of consciousness by means of dance.

upload_2019-10-20_5-15-46.jpeg

:confused: The Mercury Program Astronauts were announced to the public by NASA in April, 1959. They became instant celebrities and the word Astronaut became a buzzword. Hilary would have been 11 at the time. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't write. Which would be a reasonable question. But as the father of a 13 year old, 11 to me is still a "little girl".

Surely I'm not the only one on whom the irony of a Russian sharing something that fudges the United States' history of space exploration is not lost.

Indeed. And Clinton's book says it was 1960 when she was in "eighth grade" that she wrote the letter. The human space program was hugely advertised by that point, not sure that all the love for that twitter reply isn't part of the partisan twitter cult rather than a celebration of facts.

I'm not really a Clinton fan or supporter, but I think it's a bit numbing that the same conspiracy driven people who will argue that that Hillary could not have possibly written a letter to NASA when she was a little girl, and claim she's a liar for such an outrageous claim, are at the same time, utterly convinced that she ran a pedophile ring in the basement of a pizzeria.

Pizzagate is demonstrative of...just...next-level stupidity. It'd be funny if not for the fact that someone shot the restaurant up with a semi-automatic rifle and another set fire to the building stemming from that stupidity.

1grm6w.jpg

That’s not correct. The first US astronauts, the Mercury Seven, were announced in the spring of 1959, when Hillary was 11 years old.

Also, the first US astronaut in space was Alan Shepard in 1961 - not 1962.

This doesn’t mean that Hillary actually wrote a letter to NASA, but it also doesn’t make it unlikely or impossible.

9AEC1161-F123-4913-93E0-3DB8BBCAD3D6.jpeg

*snort*

I feel like that'd carry more weight coming from someone who hasn't invoked "TDS".

Given HRC's track record of lies and outrageous claims, I think she lacks credibility on this too.

Fair enough. She certainly hasn't done her credibility any favors over the course of her career. But I just thought it was worth pointing out this one didn't make much sense. There's plenty to hang her on. People don't need to make up B.S. to do it. But they do constantly and I guess that's the objective--spread so much misinformation and doubt that people don't even know what the truth is anymore. And as far as many are concerned, it doesn't even matter. Which treads on dangerous ground.

Political cartoons typically engage satire. Twitter posts like that just spread misinformation. One is humor. The other is a bit more sinister.

Back