The Queen of the ‘Ring. Sabine Schmitz 1969-2021

  • Thread starter Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 43 comments
  • 4,893 views
RIP, was ill for a long time unfortunately, so young too.
 
Last edited:
Rest in peace & Race in paradise Sabine "The Stig" :(
 
One of my favourites, ever since that Transit. Rip, that's proper gutting.
 
Damn, that's genuinely gutting, 51 is no age at all. She was always so entertaining to watch and so full of enthusiasm and passion for motorsport too. RIP Sabine.
 
My first reaction when seeing the thread title was ‘WHATT!!! :eek:’.

It’s truly saddening to hear of this. As a man who doesn’t follow racing all that much, I didn’t know she was battling with cancer; I thought she just retired or was ‘fading away’ from the spotlight.

I still remember the time when she raced Clarkson in a minivan. RIP :(
 
I had no idea she'd been ill, what shocking and saddening news :(
 
Very sad. RIP.
 
...No way, she's gone? That's terrible. I did hear she wasn't feeling well, but to think it was this bad... What a loss. And she still had lots more to give to the world, too.

Thank you for everything, Sabine. You will be missed.
 
Well this has been a ****** week for the personalities of motorsport. RIP Sabine.
 
Very sad news. Not long ago, I watched a gran turismo Doku of the Ring, with her being part, and now she’s dead, Nürburgring and Motorsport lost a legend
 
Last edited:
Damn. Awful news. Had no idea she was ill.

Rest in peace, Sabine. You’ll sorely be missed!

:guilty:
 
Just seen the news. We lost Murray and now Sabine. Motorsport has been hit hard this last week or so. Super sad.
 
Last edited:
I only really knew her from her few appearences on Top Gear.
It's a shame someone of that talent has gone.
RIP Sabine.
 
Such a shame to lose such an extremely talented driver and a trailblazer for women in racing.

RIP Sabine.
 
Last edited:
She was a great driver and a very nice person.
My driving marathon today will be on the 'ring with a BMW or Porsche.
 
So sad. Always loved her appearances on Top Gear. She was so full of energy and had a great personality. RIP. :(
 
Screenshot_ford_transit_ks_nordschleife_17-3-121-16-55-25.jpg
 
First Murray, now Sabine ... What a sad sad week for motorsport :( !!
 
Terrible. Such a nice person. Entertaining, funny, full of life.. :(
 
Time for a toast. Bought the model many years ago - I don't normally do 1/43rd diecasts, but at the time I wanted a Sabine car and the Ring-Taxi 1/18ths were too expensive.

upload_2021-3-18_1-14-7.png
 
Back