The Queen of the ‘Ring. Sabine Schmitz 1969-2021

Long Live the Queen of the Ring

WC7B0Fz4Sii2hRgvmyGp3g.jpeg

sabine-640x399.jpg

nintchdbpict000212680234.jpg

Last edited:
Rest Easy :(

I was shocked about this news to be honest. She was not put on air just for the sake of it. She knew her stuff really well even proved it by racing one of the most dangerous tracks on the planet while doing endurance races on top it. She even took a van into the Nordschliefe pretty fearless if you ask me.

I hope top gear and the grand tour make a special tribute to her.

Last edited:
Truly shocked when I heard the news. I watched that Transit video in 2008 and that was my inspiration to finally learn the Nurburgring. For 2 years, I drove one lap everyday in this old game called Viper Racing (it's a mod track ported from GPL, so the quality isn't even great). My first lap was something like 12 minutes. But then gradually lowered the time and the first time I could drive one lap without crashing it felt amazing. Now I can pretty much drive it with my eyes closed in any sim. All thanks to Sabine 👍

This is her last Top Gear appearance I believe. I would never believe that she was battling such a terrible disease then :(

We've lost so many good motorsport people in the last few years: Charlie, Hubert, Lauda, Moss, Murray and now Sabine. Let's hope this is the last one in a while.

Last edited:
Nürburgring ILN will probably name a section after her to gain her their respect. They prefer the section near Tiergarten / Hohenrain chicane since it is the nearest next to her mother´s restaurant "Pistenklause".

https://www.motorsport-total.com/24...tt-auf-der-nuerburgring-nordschleife-21031705
I read someone on Reddit who said to be fairly close to her family that they've already been contacted about possibly naming more than a turn after her, so a section seems to be in line with the user's claim. They added that we won't know for a little bit because they want to give the family time to grieve.

Latest Posts

Back