The Racers & Chasers Club [Moved to FH4]

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 2,210 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a way of combating ridiculous builds, what about limiting cars to the auto upgrade, so we don't end up with V12-powered Morgan trikes or whatever. Allow paint and wheel upgrades for appearance sake, but that's it.

As a way of combating ridiculous builds, what about limiting cars to the auto upgrade, so we don't end up with V12-powered Morgan trikes or whatever. Allow paint and wheel upgrades for appearance sake, but that's it.

i'd prefer not doing something as draconian as that. i think if it's somewhat realistic - like a LS swap in an RX-7 for example, I believe it should be allowed. But yeah. as in the case of FH3, we shouldn't have dumb swaps built for the hell of it. It's something that will probably need to be hashed out over the first month or so of the new iteration of the club.

Okay, so here's what I've got so far:
Low-class power cars (Chevy Chevelle, Dodge Charger, etc) will be required to wear street tire miinimum, regardless of class. If it goes over C class because of it, pick a different car.
No silly swaps. I don't care if you can cram a V12 into your AMC Pacer. Don't do it.
Keep the chat civil and somewhat serious. Off-topic banter is fine, but when an officer is involved in enforcing the law, cease it. And don't go on a sweary rant.
If the drone returns, same rules apply. Officers can deploy it for 5 minutes before the charge depletes. Then there will be a 2 minute cooldown until that same officer can deploy it. Only 1 drone can be out at a time.
NO CHECKING THE MAP FOR HIDING RACERS! I know that some folks broke that rule and didn't want to admit it. How else could you find me waaaaay off the road hiding behind rocks obscured by bushes??
If there is a police outfit, all cops are required to wear it. Racers can wear whatever.
If horns return, and the police siren returns, all cops are required to equip it as their horn. Racers can use whatever (quack-quack anyone?). ;)
Racers get two turns each, but if a chase lasts more than 10 minutes or goes to Priority 1, that racer will be arrested if caught.
Racers that are surrounded have 10 seconds to escape before being busted.
Houses are completely off limits except when not wanted by the police.
Rolling your vehicle is an instant immobilization. If you stick the landing, you can keep going, though it's rare.
Rhino Units return, but are now split into two categories:
Light Rhinos are limited to smaller SUVs, such as the Land Rover Range Rover SVR and the Jeep Wrangler. Built to buy pursuit units time to bust a racer with a head-on crash, Light Rhinos can survive collisions up to 100MPH.
Heavy Rhinos are limited to large trucks and SUVs, such as the Toyota Artic Trucks Hilux and RAM 2500 Power Wagon. These purpose-built machines are made for one thing only; to make sure your car is immobilized at all costs. Heavy Rhinos can survive collisions up to 130MPH. If the vehicle has a bullbar option, it must be installed.
Light Rhinos are allowed to patrol, although there can only be a maximum of two out at once, depending on lobby size ( only one can patrol in a lobby with less than 8 people. Once we get an eighth person, another Light Rhino can start patrolling).
Heavy Rhinos now will only make an appearance when a Pursuit goes to Priority One. They will use aggressive tactics to stop the racer.
Assuming that the Terradyne Gurkha returns, it will still remain as the SWAT unit. However a Gurkha can only be called out after Pursuit has lasted more than 10 minutes, even if the pursuit goes to Priority One beforehand. SWAT units can be tuned up to the max, and the only way to immobilize one is to roll it.
Race cars are still off-limits, except for organized scenarios (stolen race car for example). This includes Trophy Trucks and Buggies.

That's it for now. More to come.

Last edited:
I want my v8 swapped 1,000 hp London taxi/Peel p50 if the Peel is in the game. I’ll only be able to join on weekends as usual since I work second shift from 3pm to 11pm.

Just when i was hoping that i'd get to use a Twin Turbo V12 swapped Polaris RZR in a chase @JeepXJFreak lists the rule ''No silly swaps. I don't care if you can cram a V12 into your AMC Pacer. Don't do it''

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd also like to add a rules / suggestions :

Try to use a realistic police car when possible or until a chase is categorised as being Priority 1

Undercover units must be cars that the AI use.

Last edited:
Undercover units must be cars that the AI use.
I love this idea. In FH3 it was so easy, as a racer, to tell when there was a ghost unit near you, especially if you played the game as much as I did and memorized all the traffic cars. Once FH4 comes out, I'll put together a list of all the traffic cars I come across. That way we'll be able to use the right cars.

Anyway I've made some changes to my list above.

Last edited:
I’ll look for locations we could possible hold racers and chasers as soon as FH4 comes out. I’ll look for variety, in each season and everything. I really think seasons will have a big effect on racers and chasers that I’m excited for! Because each season has their own areas so it makes me excited how many more areas we could possibly use

Coming_To_FH4.jpg

Thread is officially reopened for business. Brainstorm, submit ideas, whatever you have in mind for the club.
@AudiMan2011 @cartrucks @Cowboy @EnkiTehWuff @Firehound427 @Gotbeefboy564 @JeepXJFreak @JR98 @jwesson1 @Lameonade @Populuxe Cowboy @Sage Ages @Silver Arrows @ToyGTone
If you wish to restart this for the next game, I would suggest that you do it in a new thread. It's a terrible thread that has 69 pages of irrelevancy at the start of it.

If you wish to restart this for the next game, I would suggest that you do it in a new thread. It's a terrible thread that has 69 pages of irrelevancy at the start of it.
I plan on making a new thread in the FH4 section once the club is ready for prime time. I'm just using this thread for brainstorming and such .

Since we've reopened this thread, all future revisions of my prototype Police livery will go here. Moving forward, any future prototype liveries I make will just be slight touch-ups. Version 3 and 4 are finished, just waiting on the pics to show up on XBOX DVR.

Version 3: The orange rectangle surrounding the 'POLICE' text on the rear bumper has been adjusted to fit it. The stripes on the sides of the vehicle have been moved.
3bf9c8fa-ab17-4204-aa61-fca697186dda.PNG

5bb6e18a-4b95-4dfd-ac0f-ef71bebea82c.PNG

Buuuut I thought the stripes on the sides were way too low, so I moved them up for version 4. Also the yellow strip on the rear wasn't lined up with the yellow strips on the sides, so they were adjusted properly to fit.
80a11b02-efeb-41ca-896c-c489727f3533.PNG

5ebc1e0b-c2d0-4c18-a7e1-f19a6e5604ea.PNG

Trying to decide what to do with the space in the blue strip. Maybe I'll create a police badge for it?

Last edited:
I like all the suggestions so far, folks. 👍 Keep them coming.

I myself have been working on a livery also.

After everyone has submitted a livery design, we as a club should vote on which one to use. Obviously you won't be able to vote for your own.
I'll put a deadline out now. Final designs are to be submitted by Friday September 21st, one week before the game launches for Ultimate Edition owners. That gives everybody more than enough time to put the final touches on their designs. We'll then hold a vote in the Racers And Chasers thread in the FH4 section. Winning livery will be the one we will end up going with for our police vehicles. The designer will have to upload a quick video demonstrating how to recreate the livery, as well as share any vinyl groups needed for the design (badges, stripe designs, POLICE text, etc). 👍

After everyone has submitted a livery design, we as a club should vote on which one to use. Obviously you won't be able to vote for your own.
I'll put a deadline out now. Final designs are to be submitted by Friday September 21st, one week before the game launches for Ultimate Edition owners. That gives everybody more than enough time to put the final touches on their designs. We'll then hold a vote in the Racers And Chasers thread in the FH4 section. Winning livery will be the one we will end up going with for our police vehicles. The designer will have to upload a quick video demonstrating how to recreate the livery, as well as share any vinyl groups needed for the design (badges, stripe designs, POLICE text, etc). 👍

I say we should finalize/decide on things after the game comes out. Hell, a good chunk of the suggestions/ideas we have right now may not even be applicable for Horizon 4. We need some time to mess around with the game.

There's one thing for sure though: I can tell you're quite eager, @JeepXJFreak. We still have 4 months to go!

My first revision for my livery, tried to make it a direct evolution of our previous livery with some inspiration from UK liveries, especially London's Metropolitan Police livery.

0b1cb056-6755-4276-9d17-6ae2119564db_Thumbnail.PNG

44aee735-dfc4-43c7-a925-07a100d4a071_Thumbnail.PNG

90% of this livery is done using @Ameer67's pre-made layer groups from FH3 and the rest can be easily done with primitive shapes.

I should also mention, Jett recently got his account banned, so he will be using a different account if he’s gonna join us.

Well, I came up with a livery, but it's way too complex to be quickly reproduced from scratch. I was kind of just messing around with shapes and colors to see what worked and this is the result. I can always simplify it, too.

733745e1-392a-4f99-ae97-18c29004ff18.PNG

f417b427-90a4-4a90-b151-3c7f2aea9a09.PNG

EDIT: I made a second, simpler version that involved only one ellipse and the same three colors (chartreuse, orange, aquamarine) + black/white.

282f61b4-42e1-4caa-827c-bc42c6312fe2.PNG

37327bdd-67c3-4012-b908-b549d92194e3.PNG

EDIT 2: I made a third version of the livery, simplifying it even more, but also adding more detail (vehicle number). I also made one for sedans to see how it scales. This is the final revision.

b3d7eaf6-5820-470b-8418-fb7b46fdc92f.PNG

d653b579-f4be-476a-a3a7-51416ab12867.PNG

cf7aa2e0-ef76-4201-b63e-7da6f4f128d5.PNG

f33a670c-e075-4705-a9c1-1fd08901ed1b.PNG

Last edited:
OK then, as promised, here's my idea of what this club's livery should look like:

f1cc2bb9-0ea0-4a02-b7c6-b376dbc36230

My idea was to incorporate the Battenburg design adopted by all UK police forces. For simplicity's sake, however, I opted to go for the half-Battenburg style that can be found with a few UK police forces, the advantage being that it could be positioned like the old GCPD stripe, and the POLICE writing could be displayed below. I also chose to make the leading section of the hood yellow and put POLICE on it in order to make it stand out. I chose not to mirror this writing as that would've made the livery harder to replicate.

698f9241-1253-4c83-a4dc-f67b4c3a50b6

At the back, I knew that I wanted to include red chevrons, but struggled to make it look decent while keeping complexity to a minimum. What I decided on was a 0.50 height yellow stripe to continue the side stripe, with chevrons contained within this rear section. I also incorporated POLICE on the back, to ensure that the vehicle could be identified as a police vehicle from all angles.

This is a first draft, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back