The REAL 1000km Sierra - Circuito de la Sierra Endurance RaceFinished 

United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
(Activity has been moved here from this thread because that race was cut to half distance due to a lack of entries.)

Hi guys!

I just came up with this idea today: a nice, long endurance race to welcome Circuito de la Sierra (Zahara) to the game when it comes out. Per the title, the race would be a 1,000km enduro. This is more of a proposal than anything so your input would be much appreciated. This is what I have so far as settings and rules are concerned.

Settings

• Time set to 1, with an in-game start time of 12:00
  • Fuel usage and tire wear set to realistic
  • Mechanical damage set to heavy
  • Visual damage set to on
  • All assists set to off
  • Tuning will be allowed
Start times
  • Practice: 12:30pm EST
  • Qualifying: 1:00pm
  • Race: 1:30pm
Rules

• All drivers are requested to drive cleanly. While competitors are free to bump and rub each other within reason, intentionally wrecking another driver or behaving in a dangerous manner will result in a kick and exclusion from the race results.
  • Fields will be 14 cars instead of the usual 16, to allow for a safety car driver and a broadcaster
  • A practice session will be run two hours before the race, to allow you to familiarize yourself with the track and adjust your car
  • Thirty minutes after the practice session ends, a qualifying session will be run using the in-game system to determine grid spots
  • A safety car will be on hand to deploy if there's an accident involving two or more cars. When deployed, the safety car will wait for the other cars to cross the start/finish line (where it will be parked, and where the competitors are supposed to slow down) and catch them, controlling the field until those involved in the accident have had an opportunity to pit for repairs and catch back up
  • The safety car will use the parking areas that are dotted along the track during cautions unless a full course caution is ABSOLUTELY necessary (for instance if there is a track-blocking accident and those involved are having a hard time setting off again). The way we will do this is we will allow any cars involved in the caution to have necessary repairs made and to be able to catch back up to us. Instead of going all the way around the course under caution, we will simply use a "sector caution" format where we will be under caution from the point that the field is back together, until we reach the next closest pull-off area at which point the pace car will pull off of the racing surface and we will resume competition. There are 5 pull offs along the entire track and they are after sector markers #7, 18, 32, 39, and 44.
  • If two or more drivers are involved in the same accident, they are asked to type "c" in the Chat box so the safety car driver will know to declare safety car conditions
  • One-car accidents will not result in a safety car unless the car is damaged to the point that it becomes a danger to other racers or it is disabled (see "Extenuating circumstances in which the safety car will be deployed")
  • Using chat programs outside of the game's chat function (Teamspeak or Skype, for instance), is allowed to allow teams to come up with interesting strategies and make the race a bit more exciting for all involved.
Extenuating circumstances in which the safety car will be deployed
The safety car will also be deployed in the following circumstances.
  • A car has been so badly damaged that the driver feels they cannot safely continue on without causing another accident or crashing again themselves. If this is the case, the affected driver should type "damage" in the chat box
  • A real-world control failure (for instance, loss of throttle, braking or steering input) has left a car disabled in a dangerous spot. If this happens, the driver should type "failure." Upon reaching the disabled car, the safety car will push the disabled car to a safe spot so the driver can fix whatever issue they're having with their controls.
Like I said, though, these rules are subject to change and expansion. If you have an idea, please describe it below! And if you want to sign up, then please post your PSN ID and tell us what time you're usually online so we can work out a schedule.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Well, I'm sure by now you know why I'm here, I have unfinished business to tend to.
PSNID: bscar27
Car: '11 BMW M3 GT2 Base Model

What are the power and weight requirements for the classes?
Okay, after spending some time speccing out cars, here's what I have so far:

GT3
600hp, 1350kg

GT500
450hp, 1100kg

Deltawing (for the insane)
250hp, 650kg

All 3 are within 0.5 seconds on both Sectors 2 and 4, which is what I'm testing on.

If anybody wants a specific car done that doesn't fall into those categories, let me know

I'll spec your car and a few others tonight. How does an FXX and Zonda R sound?

I had a couple ideas that I thought would be neat to incorporate into the 1000km. Since it's the BIG official race, why not make it a big event for the spectators. Let's have a pre-race show to make it more interesting for the people watching and also to get them amped up for the race. You could start the livestream an hour or so earlier than the event itself starts and have things such as driver interviews, Laps with a driver where you start a poll that lists all the drivers that are signed up for the event and whichever driver gets the most votes gets to do a lap around the track and talk through it as he goes around Sierra while the livestream views his car, and to kick off the race, do a driver parade where we have a camera car on the main stretch and we have all the drivers parade past the camera car and you announce their name, number, class, and car as they go by the camera car. That was just something I came up with the make the event more exciting and "hype-inducing" for lack of a better term. Plus I as a driver feel like it would make the event feel more real and alive, for me atmosphere plays a big role into how much I enjoy these races. The commentary during the last race was awesome to listen to! I'm looking forward to the big 1000!

If I can use my '01 E46 M3 GTR race car (not the street gtr), I'd be down for this. Probably a little slower than cars on the spec list you posted, but I don't mind.

If I can use my '01 E46 M3 GTR race car (not the street gtr), I'd be down for this. Probably a little slower than cars on the spec list you posted, but I don't mind.

Lot's of Beemers... :lol:

I'll spec your car separately as well 👍 Wanna make this race a close one.

I just want to watch this race, it sounds interesting.
I don't have a working PS3, so I can't view replay files. Anyone got a capture card?

I doubt it, as of right now we have hardly any sign ups, so it's not really high profile enough to make it to the news page.
Jordan just PM'd me and he seems mildly interested, but he's probably going to come around and take a look at things before making a decision.

Jordan just PM'd me and he seems mildly interested, but he's probably going to come around and take a look at things before making a decision.

Perhaps we should postpone it a bit more? Structure the rules a bit more, and get some more sign ups? It would be cool to get him on board and really make this official.

Perhaps we should postpone it a bit more? Structure the rules a bit more, and get some more sign ups? It would be cool to get him on board and really make this official.
I agree. Maybe another week or two until we get word whether he's going to feature us in the news or not. :)

I agree. Maybe another week or two until we get word whether he's going to feature us in the news or not.

I'll say we push the race 2-4 weeks back to get more people interested in joining, and also to have a 250km race during a weekend prior to the race to give everyone an idea on how the safety car procedures, and strategies will work out.

If y'all need me to make any sort of graphics or "displays" for the race, I'd be more than happy to as I have a minor in Graphics Design! :cheers:

If y'all need me to make any sort of graphics or "displays" for the race, I'd be more than happy to as I have a minor in Graphics Design! :cheers:
I have been looking for a logo designer for a while now, come to think of it...

Well you definately have me as a concrete entry, the BMW must be avenged! And @TeamCZRRacing, PM me with the finer details of what you would like to see in your logos and fliers, also I can attempt to make a video ad if you'd like.

Back