The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 103,036 views
1111th post!

But I recorded the last few laps, they'll be on YouTube later today (sorry for my crazy shaky hand :() and this may be a really stupid question, but here it goes. Does your router have to be connected to your computer? Like the desktop one. Reason I'm asking is that my router is in the basement of my house. My room and ps3 are on the second floor (3 floors total) and on the opposite side of the house. I get 90-100% connection upnp is avalible 10ish mbs download and like 4-5 mbs upload. You were saying some people have 100! I want that!
 
Well despite my consistency being pretty nice and everything, my lap times weren't on the same level, and the tyres dropped off like nobody's business. The 1:30.0 in qualifying I though, "I'll give him that, he must've had a eureka moment" but when you pulled even better I though, "Now at Monza I was killing this Audi, now you're telling me he's over a second quicker per lap EVERY LAP?"

Unless you've tuned your car in such a way that your tyres last a lifetime and you're able to Marty McFly that thing through corners, I dunno what to think.

But yeah, wasn't fun being less than a minute behind. I probably should have opted for a better strategy. It's wierd though, in practice with Nirvana the night before I was doing low 1:32's for at least 4 or 5 laps on Racing Hards. I have the replay of it too; the hards were going to last me a lifetime, I was only halfway through them from lap 10 til 20 in our practice race And I think I was on 1:33's at that point. Another thing though, I may have screwed up with my last minute change to the dampers. Slowed the car down somewhat, and did little to save the tyres
.
 
StormPacer
Well despite my consistency being pretty nice and everything, my lap times weren't on the same level, and the tyres dropped off like nobody's business. The 1:30.0 in qualifying I though, "I'll give him that, he must've had a eureka moment" but when you pulled even better I though, "Now at Monza I was killing this Audi, now you're telling me he's over a second quicker per lap EVERY LAP?"

Unless you've tuned your car in such a way that your tyres last a lifetime and you're able to Marty McFly that thing through corners, I dunno what to think.

But yeah, wasn't fun being less than a minute behind. I probably should have opted for a better strategy. It's wierd though, in practice with Nirvana the night before I was doing low 1:32's for at least 4 or 5 laps on Racing Hards. I have the replay of it too; the hards were going to last me a lifetime, I was only halfway through them from lap 10 til 20 in our practice race And I think I was on 1:33's at that point. Another thing though, I may have screwed up with my last minute change to the dampers. Slowed the car down somewhat, and did little to save the tyres.

Ya he was half a light year away on the first lap! Maybe his Audi could take a 5 hp hit?
 
You can run less downforce on the Audi but not worry about it affecting the handling much because it has 4wd. My Suggestion would be to use engine mods on your cars for more torque to better your acceleration. The 5.2 Audi is even better in terms of acceleration, it weighs more though.
 
Turns out with a bit of a mod on my old tune, I can run 1:30.6's back to back on indy now, as well as a 1:30.530 best lap with some flaws, and still get around 7 laps out of the softs. I can go faster, but I really do need some kind of eureka moment, as I'm tearing through one sector, then ballsing up everywhere else. I'm finding the high 1:30's no trouble now, even after three laps.
 
So this series is pretty close to the ALMS one i run in? Hmm, i notice theres a spot open for the Z06. I might be down for joining
 
Turns out with a bit of a mod on my old tune, I can run 1:30.6's back to back on indy now, as well as a 1:30.530 best lap with some flaws, and still get around 7 laps out of the softs. I can go faster, but I really do need some kind of eureka moment, as I'm tearing through one sector, then ballsing up everywhere else. I'm finding the high 1:30's no trouble now, even after three laps.

Those are good laps. My 1:29,853 was an intentionally fast lap. Many of the laps I ran were at the 1:34.0 mark, to save tires and fuel. I also wanted to prepare for any last minute surges with that 1:29.8.

I would take a 5 hp hit, if it doesn't also affect Seth... I reckon everyone else is still working with their tunes, but, I've only been slightly tweaking the diff since Daytona.

Also, Monza and I don't get along well. I tend to run shallow in braking zones to control my entry into turns, to float the car in. Monza rewards late-braking. Indianapolis (turns 3, 4, 5 & 6 ) rewards smooth braking.
 
Kevin01SH
So this series is pretty close to the ALMS one i run in? Hmm, i notice theres a spot open for the Z06. I might be down for joining

Funny you say that, we actually had some ALMS racers in a practice room once... The lap times were almost identical! We'd love to have you race!
 
I don't need any breaks. I had you covered on pace and strategy. I didn't even have a broken in car, I want things to be fair not get preferential treatment. I was honestly thinking of making a series close to this one- the Pirelli World Challenge with a GT class and a GS class.

GT's like these cars we run, but additional cars like the F430Scud, the 2012GTR and RUF used in ALMS. Then a GS class using cars like the Mustang GT, the Camaro, Audi TTS, Lancer EVO X
 
freshseth83
I don't need any breaks. I had you covered on pace and strategy. I didn't even have a broken in car, I want things to be fair not get preferential treatment. I was honestly thinking of making a series close to this one- the Pirelli World Challenge with a GT class and a GS class.

GT's like these cars we run, but additional cars like the F430Scud, the 2012GTR and RUF used in ALMS. Then a GS class using cars like the Mustang GT, the Camaro, Audi TTS, Lancer EVO X

That sounds fun!
 
I don't need any breaks. I had you covered on pace and strategy. I didn't even have a broken in car, I want things to be fair not get preferential treatment. I was honestly thinking of making a series close to this one- the Pirelli World Challenge with a GT class and a GS class.

GT's like these cars we run, but additional cars like the F430Scud, the 2012GTR and RUF used in ALMS. Then a GS class using cars like the Mustang GT, the Camaro, Audi TTS, Lancer EVO X

I would join that! Evo X!!

It seems like it'd be more successful than my current attempt at organizing a series.
 
So, I know it's early... But has anyone started practicing for the next race? If so what's your time(s)
 
So, I know it's early... But has anyone started practicing for the next race? If so what's your time(s)

I imagine I will run well here again... So many slow corners is great for AWD.
 
MrMelancholy15
I imagine I will run well here again... So many slow corners is great for AWD.

Yea, the Audi will be quick yet again...
 
Been a while since I ran here in GT cars, but in the Evora I did a 2:00 flat in the ALMS series. I'm sure the Audi will be faster.
 
Qualifying (ALL FOUR WHEELS ON TRACK!!) 1:59.608

Race: 2:01-2:04. 2:01 on out lap, 2:04 on lap before in lap

Hmmmm. So 2:00.084 would be an insanely quick time then? For a Viper that is... And to think I was still about 4 tenths up at the first sector, lost a lot of time through sector two, and just smashed the last sector.
 
Could everyone make practice if it was like 6-7:30 on Fridays instead of the current 7-8:30?
 
polarbear345
Could everyone make practice if it was like 6-7:30 on Fridays instead of the current 7-8:30?

Still not me
 
polarbear345
Well you race on Fridays, so you probably leave at 4-5ish?

Ya I do
 
When is storm gonna update the news about the series
 
I'm good for Fridays. Actually, earlier is better for ALMS guys.
 
I said I'd probably give it a miss this season, since there's a lot of no-shows for DP, and I haven't been logging the races from Daytona and Monza (saving replays). Unless you guys really want me to continue, then I'll carry on from Saturday's race at Indianapolis, since I have that saved.
 
StormPacer
I said I'd probably give it a miss this season, since there's a lot of no-shows for DP, and I haven't been logging the races from Daytona and Monza (saving replays). Unless you guys really want me to continue, then I'll carry on from Saturday's race at Indianapolis, since I have that saved.

I would because I enjoy reading your news updates about the series
 
I said I'd probably give it a miss this season, since there's a lot of no-shows for DP, and I haven't been logging the races from Daytona and Monza (saving replays). Unless you guys really want me to continue, then I'll carry on from Saturday's race at Indianapolis, since I have that saved.

It's up to you man. I mean, I thoroughly enjoy your vocabulary, (Will) and your understanding of the reasoning behind decisions, but it's a lot of work, imaginably. You know, an option would be to summarize briefly what happened.
 
StormPacer
I said I'd probably give it a miss this season, since there's a lot of no-shows for DP, and I haven't been logging the races from Daytona and Monza (saving replays). Unless you guys really want me to continue, then I'll carry on from Saturday's race at Indianapolis, since I have that saved.

I think you should give this season a pass. They were really fun to read, but the lack of DP drivers and the woes this season has brought so far, in my opinion isn't worth your time.
 
I've posted in the Race Report thread. It will be the last entry.
 
Maybe we should abolish the DP class since none of them ever show up? Let them run GT's or something?
 
freshseth83
Maybe we should abolish the DP class since none of them ever show up? Let them run GT's or something?

Not a Rolex series though. Believe me, I've though of adding some cars and getting rid of DP. But it wouldn't be a Rolex series though.
 
Back