The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 103,004 views
Well my school schedule has me getting out at 8pm est, so i wouldnt be able to make any practice on Friday. Ill be jumping straight into the ALMS lobby when i get home, but perhaps tomorrow i can get with some of you guys. If not im sure ill be doing laps before the race on Saturday.
 
Kevin01SH
Well my school schedule has me getting out at 8pm est, so i wouldnt be able to make any practice on Friday. Ill be jumping straight into the ALMS lobby when i get home, but perhaps tomorrow i can get with some of you guys. If not im sure ill be doing laps before the race on Saturday.

Nice, well more than likely be testing somewhere pretty much all Saturday, wether it be this or Vln, probably both, so you can just come join us (send me a friend request) and just come hang out and practice with us!
 
I did some testing with polarbear, and then by myself later. I found that if you shorten the gears a little for the 458 allowing it to use all 7 gears, and upgrade the engine and give it power to 470hp you can get into the 1:59's. That should match the R8, and the tire wear is good for the 458, just don't mess with the ballast position. I tried with my Z06 earlier and did a 2:00 flat without tuning it from Monza. So long gears and less downforce. I think it'll be good for 1:59's also.
 
I should be good to go for the 1:59's at Nurburgring too, but I'll have to spend Friday morning tuning the car and getting used to the track. I'm at 2:00.084 right now, but I'm hoping to knock another 6 tenths off that.

Edit: 1:59.897, with no change to the car from my last tuning setup. I was burning the tyres a bit where I was still misjudging corners and braking points, though.
 
Last edited:
I'm running 1:59.xx and I'm confident here...
 
I am gonna do some testing Friday night when I get home
 
Ive got some time before school, so im gonna go practice and work on my setup for the Z06. It would be nice to get with my teammate at some point before the race and compare notes though.

edit: best time so far is a 2:00.1, but im sure ill be able to get it down some more once i figure out a good tune.
 
Last edited:
Alright, I'll Try the Ferrari out at 470 if I can when I get home. The target time I know is in the 1:59's, but where? Low, high, middle? If someone could give me a more detailed time that'd be great!
 
Mid to high 59's is the target IMO. That's qualifying pace at least. 2:01s are race pace. Then you'll drop to the 2:03s after 5 laps from my testing.
 
Mid to high 59's is the target IMO. That's qualifying pace at least. 2:01s are race pace. Then you'll drop to the 2:03s after 5 laps from my testing.

Thanks man! I won't be able to get on tonight, if anyone can and would like to test some cars, post your results here!
 
Yeah. This is going to be the closest race yet, it seems. EVERYONE's running 1:59s. Oh, wait, sorry James, I reckon you're not...
 
Yeah. This is going to be the closest race yet, it seems. EVERYONE's running 1:59s. Oh, wait, sorry James, I reckon you're not...

haha very funny
 
MrMelancholy15
Yeah. This is going to be the closest race yet, it seems. EVERYONE's running 1:59s. Oh, wait, sorry James, I reckon you're not...

Ya, I just got the Ferrari in the 1:59's at 470hp!
 
I've messed my tune up a bit, but I'm still in the 1:59/2:00 mark. Best thus far was a 1:59.665.

Edit: I've nailed my tune, my my my.... and to think I still messed the lap up... Tee hee hee.
 
Last edited:
StormPacer
I've messed my tune up a bit, but I'm still in the 1:59/2:00 mark. Best thus far was a 1:59.665.

Edit: I've nailed my tune, my my my.... and to think I still messed the lap up... Tee hee hee.

Care to share your time?
 
Gah... okay ok. I lost roughly two tenths in the latter section of the lap, but I did a....

1:59.143
 
StormPacer
Gah... okay ok. I lost roughly two tenths in the latter section of the lap, but I did a....

1:59.143

:o.........HOLY COW!!!
 
and here's me going "quick 5 min break!" 2:01 :(
 
anirishnirvana
and here's me going "quick 5 min break!" 2:01 :(

I thought I was blistering fast with a 1:59.877... Turns out I'll just be another dude on the track :( I'm really going to have to get a rockin tune for the formula 'ring.
 
and here's me going "quick 5 min break!" 2:01 :(

2'01 isnt horrible, only slightly off pace. If you're around we could work on setup and what not. The vette is capable of 1'59 but it takes a lot of tuning to get there, im still working it out. Its different from the ZR1 because theres more weight up front and it doesnt turn as well.
 
2'01 isnt horrible, only slightly off pace. If you're around we could work on setup and what not. The vette is capable of 1'59 but it takes a lot of tuning to get there, im still working it out. Its different from the ZR1 because theres more weight up front and it doesnt turn as well.

Well, even @ 465 hp, the Audi only runs 1:59s. Those are qualifying times.

Indeed, though, I ran quickly at Indy because everyone else's tunes weren't up to par. Now, you've all caught up.
 
MrMelancholy15
Well, even @ 465 hp, the Audi only runs 1:59s. Those are qualifying times.

Indeed, though, I ran quickly at Indy because everyone else's tunes weren't up to par. Now, you've all caught up.

And we're all coming like a ton of bricks at ya! Watch out man! Looks like at your teams home race, you'll have to be at the very, very, very top of your game this weekend!
 
And we're all coming like a ton of bricks at ya! Watch out man! Looks like at your teams home race, you'll have to be at the very, very, very top of your game this weekend!

My home race** in general... haha, NOPE, I'm not Canadian... not at all. (Nee, ich komme aus Kanada-gar nicht)

Don't worry, of all the tracks I'm comfy on, der 'Ring ist wie mein Heimat!!
 
MrMelancholy15
My home race** in general... haha, NOPE, I'm not Canadian... not at all. (Nee, ich komme aus Kanada-gar nicht)

Don't worry, of all the tracks I'm comfy on, der 'Ring ist wie mein Heimat!!

Yea, dp class may be yet another dissapointment... Winner can't make it, but hopefully datboytre can. Swag messages me and said its going to be hard for him to make the races... So count him out and well have a beautiful 2 car field (however, this IS a improvement)


I know someone's looking at this that hasn't signed up... JOIN THE DP CLASS!!!
 
I know someone's looking at this that hasn't signed up... JOIN THE DP CLASS!!!

If the Audi R10 was allowed i would drive the prototypes, because its the only one i have :lol: i can never save money on this game, always buying cars i dont have and building other ones.
 
Kevin01SH
If the Audi R10 was allowed i would drive the prototypes, because its the only one i have :lol: i can never save money on this game, always buying cars i dont have and building other ones.

I used to have the same "problem" then I like got OCD and now in like all games I keep stupid limits on stuff that I can't go under- Gt5 I can't go under 2 million credits...
 
Oooops, pretty good reason not to Kevin...

Idea; vote on survival of DP...? OR, "Advertisement campaign."
 
MrMelancholy15
Oooops, pretty good reason not to Kevin...

Idea; vote on survival of DP...? OR, "Advertisement campaign."

Advertising campaign like its for the presidency!
 
Back