The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 103,001 views
polarbear345
Advertising campaign like its for the presidency!

I think sadly next season we need to split the two classes into to different classes for a better chance of the drivers showing up in the DP class which in turn would mean either me and polar need to have someone join that class that will tell us exactly how the race ended right after it ends and by the was I got the 1200 message on the thread
 
james6653
I think sadly next season we need to split the two classes into to different classes for a better chance of the drivers showing up in the DP class which in turn would mean either me and polar need to have someone join that class that will tell us exactly how the race ended right after it ends and by the was I got the 1200 message on the thread

So would that be four classes? Not sure how you split classes when they're already split?
 
polarbear345
So would that be four classes? Not sure how you split classes when they're already split?

No I mean like instead of racing with two classes of 8 have it be 2 classes of 14 because we are having troubles getting everyone into the same room make 2 rooms for one class with the DP cars and another with the GT cars did I explain that a little better now
 
james6653
No I mean like instead of racing with two classes of 8 have it be 2 classes of 14 because we are having troubles getting everyone into the same room make 2 rooms for one class with the DP cars and another with the GT cars did I explain that a little better now

Yes, but honestly, if we can't get 2 people to show up for DP, what makes you think 14 will come?
 
polarbear345
Yes, but honestly, if we can't get 2 people to show up for DP, what makes you think 14 will come?

I think they will show up if they know they will have a better chance of getting in the room
 
james6653
I think they will show up if they know they will have a better chance of getting in the room

When signing up for a organized series, you assume you won't have a problem. Storm was a nat 3 which threw everyone for a loop. Thank goodness Seth was there to save the weekend!


Seth, if you could host all races, that'd rock!
 
polarbear345
When signing up for a organized series, you assume you won't have a problem. Storm was a nat 3 which threw everyone for a loop. Thank goodness Seth was there to save the weekend!

Seth, if you could host all races, that'd rock!

Ok we will work it all out later
 
james6653
Ok we will work it all out later

I also think it should be whoever gets in, gets to race. You don't get in, you don't race. All this going through 3-4 rooms just so a few more people can get in, and lag out, was and is crazy. Storm offered to host, if he isn't nat 3 this week, he'll be fine to host, if he isn't and Seth can AND IS WILLING to, he can.
 
polarbear345
I also think it should be whoever gets in, gets to race. You don't get in, you don't race. All this going through 3-4 rooms just so a few more people can get in, and lag out, was and is crazy. Storm offered to host, if he isn't nat 3 this week, he'll be fine to host, if he isn't and Seth can AND IS WILLING to, he can.

Ok sounds good
 
I should be able to host. I doubt I'm doing anything at the time the race takes place. I wish we could start it up a little earlier though TBH. Oh and I did a 1:58.7 yesterday with the R8. Don't worry though, that's not my race pace, if I drove like that the tires would last 4 or 5 laps!
 
I should be able to host. I doubt I'm doing anything at the time the race takes place. I wish we could start it up a little earlier though TBH. Oh and I did a 1:58.7 yesterday with the R8. Don't worry though, that's not my race pace, if I drove like that the tires would last 4 or 5 laps!

O.o well then... It's your turn to win again!!
 
I think I can do 2:01's on mediums for a few laps, then a gradual decline from there.
 
Nice!!


Okay, by the way, Seth, come online now please... Someone... I opened a room and this guy joined and might join DP. Someone help me persuade him!! :) I referred him to the series... :) His name's Shinshiki204

If he joins, he'll fill the last slot... :P Then, we have 16 guys, and we just tell them to make sure that they come.

And, as for nitrorocks.......................... Well, I don't know.... if he's coming back in time.... for this season.............

*He's hoping of coming to practice!!!!* (Shinshiki, that is)

Also, I ran 1:59s as well... Looks like everyone's on pace, but FreshSeth.... Therefore, this resembles Indy a bit... But, as I said, a different driver; it's Seth's turn to win by dominating?
 
Last edited:
Okay so I guess I'll be filling the last DP slot with the Oreca Peugeot 908 if it hasn't been filled yet.
 
It hasn't. Welcome! We're slowly filling spots, and replacing no-shows. For example, nitrorocks hasn't been present to any races yet, so, if anyone demands his spot, we'll consider letting him out...

So, you're very welcome here. The slot you wanted is open, and should stay open. Well, unless you take it. You know what I mean. :)

Anyways, Polarbear, *it's all good* in GT. My R8's running well.
 
My lap time was an answer to the humiliation the Viper took at Audianapolis (yes, AUDI-anapolis) last week. I can hit the 1:58.6's, and I was over a second ahead of a 1:59.6 I did at the sector before Schumacher S, but on that lap I lost 5 tenths at the end and managed a 1:59.262.

Edit: A 1:58.974 now.

Edit 2: A new lap time, 1:58.845.

Edite 3: Oh dear god.... 1:58.584.
 
Last edited:
Shinshiki
Okay so I guess I'll be filling the last DP slot with the Oreca Peugeot 908 if it hasn't been filled yet.

Welcome! Seems like you've already got the whole debrief!
 
Hi guys, I am back!!

So, what track are we gonna race tomorrow! I will compete, I am not 100% but, I think I can fight!!
 
unrealanthony
Hi guys, I am back!!

So, what track are we gonna race tomorrow! I will compete, I am not 100% but, I think I can fight!!

Hurray!

We're racing the nurbugring gp/f.

Practice tonight as usual!
 
Welcome! Seems like you've already got the whole debrief!
Yeah MrMelancholy15 pretty much debriefed me on everything last night. Hope to see you guys in free practice tonight!
 
Shinshiki
Yeah MrMelancholy15 pretty much debriefed me on everything last night. Hope to see you guys in free practice tonight!

See you then!

Seems like we may FINALLY see how close the DP cars are after all! Rocker said he would like to watch the race, so if he shows up today or tomorrow, don't kick him.
 
I have a question for everyone what would you rather race in instead of either the cars in the DP class or the cars in the GT class we use the LM cars
 
Further tuning has paid off, just completed a 1'59.3 after various changes and attempts. I just hope the tire life is up to par, i always try to make it so they all wear evenly but i havent done any long runs yet. Ill probably do that tomorrow before the race, im done for right now. ALMS tonight though, woohoo.
 
Kevin01SH
Further tuning has paid off, just completed a 1'59.3 after various changes and attempts. I just hope the tire life is up to par, i always try to make it so they all wear evenly but i havent done any long runs yet. Ill probably do that tomorrow before the race, im done for right now. ALMS tonight though, woohoo.

Nice! I got the Ferrari down to 1:59.5 so I'm hoping I can get it down a little more. I havent even thought of how long my tires will last though! Ugh!
 
I've tested the soft's and their durability, and as long as I don't act rashly, I should be fine. If my 1:58.584 is anything to go by, my pace should be pretty adequate too for tomorrow. I need to see about the medium tyres tomorrow morning after football practice though, since I haven't given myself a lot of time to race in them.

Now for the bad news...

I'm going out in a couple hours, since its my parents' wedding anniversary tonight and they're going to a Chinese buffet with a group of us. I'll be back in time for practice, however, I have been up since 7am (GMT), so chances are I'll have to power nap when I get back in order to sleep the food off and gear myself up for ALMS later on. This means I'm almost certainly going to miss practice. Sorry....
 
StormPacer
I've tested the soft's and their durability, and as long as I don't act rashly, I should be fine. If my 1:58.584 is anything to go by, my pace should be pretty adequate too for tomorrow. I need to see about the medium tyres tomorrow morning after football practice though, since I haven't given myself a lot of time to race in them.

Now for the bad news...

I'm going out in a couple hours, since its my parents' wedding anniversary tonight and they're going to a Chinese buffet with a group of us. I'll be back in time for practice, however, I have been up since 7am (GMT), so chances are I'll have to power nap when I get back in order to sleep the food off and gear myself up for ALMS later on. This means I'm almost certainly going to miss practice. Sorry....

No problem, at least your parents remembered! My dad totally forgot about it lol, my mom got really really mad and my dads excuse "C'mon you have to give me a warning!"

I thought it was funny. And rocker elite will be joining us for practice tonight. He is driving a DP car.
 
well getting close to 1:59's now. however, my front tyre degradation is abysmal even with +50 ballast *sigh*
 
What is the room number that we will be at tonight??
 
Try brakes stronger in the rear emo. Like 4/6 or 4/7. Are we allowed engine upgrades? Or just exhaust intake etc.?
 
Back