The Sound Update Thread (The Return)

  • Thread starter Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 1,178 comments
  • 170,765 views
Brilliant 👍, take notes developers this guy can save your cost from outsourcing, Just ask him any engine sounds you want to put in the game and voila! :lol:

Hmm... so which developers exactly outsource their sound? :odd:
 
I think he meant, by "outsourcing" that they need to reach out to America if they want to record the Corvette, etc.
 
Ahhh..... had me concerned for a moment. :D

Yeah, that was what I mean. You don't have to go outside and record the engine sounds, just ask a guy with some talent to working on it :lol: (Also way cheaper lol)
 
The sounds from the GT3 RS in this game really bother me fro some reason. I don't even really care about the exhaust notes in GT but this car right here is the only car that I've heard in GT Sport that bothers me.
 
A bit of insight into sound, snippet from latest build, 2m 33 in

 
A bit of insight into sound, snippet from latest build, 2m 33 in


So is that why the sounds in 5 and 6 were bad? Because Kaz didn't have a massive involvement? That what I gained from it anyway. I have never heard Kaz talk about this stuff before, I didn't know that he actually contributed to sounds for GT 1, 2 and 3. Nice to know he's playing a large role again.
 


I think I'm probably the only sim racer in the world that races like this.
I don't care for engine notes, tire squeal, opponent rumblings, or birds chirping.
Just as on my motorcycle, I'm faster and more consistent with a trance beat rolling in the background.
Find that strange?
 
XXI


I think I'm probably the only sim racer in the world that races like this.
I don't care for engine notes, tire squeal, opponent rumblings, or birds chirping.
Just as on my motorcycle, I'm faster and more consistent with a trance beat rolling in the background.
Find that strange?

To each his own. For me, the sweet sounds of a Ferrari V12 or a Cosworth V8, is trance music.
 
I think I heard a upshift wobble in the latest build, at 10m 5secs onwards



It's definitely there. I wonder if the beta cars have it in this build though.
 
More audio snippets, first few mins, and race car at 3:31, external GTR nismo at 5:12, replay at 5:50
seems the upshift wobble is for manual roadcars

road noise, wind and road thumps are a lot more audible now
 
Last edited:
Not sure I like the reduction in spatial fidelity from the exhaust notes, but I suppose they give a better impression over a broader range of hardware / listening environments. There's more than a real hint of that resonant distortion from the Forza series, and somehow the pitching, panning and volume changes, combined with that crunchy tone, gives an impression of the venerable Grand Prix Legends!

The tweaks to the automated controls for gear changes are interesting, seeming to delay the clutch engagement after throttle re-engagement to cause a little blip / slip, which may or may not grate! If it's responsive to player input, then great! I will personally be using H-pattern again if I can, so I'll still get authentic "shift sounds", as I have since GT5P :D

The overall mix is very impressive, but it remains to be seen how they handle TV speakers and default settings etc.
 
If they keep this up. I genuinely think GTS will have better sounds than F7 and PCARS 2. Blasphemy
 
Back