The Sound Update Thread (The Return)

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 1,178 comments
The sounds from the GT3 RS in this game really bother me fro some reason. I don't even really care about the exhaust notes in GT but this car right here is the only car that I've heard in GT Sport that bothers me.

A bit of insight into sound, snippet from latest build, 2m 33 in

So is that why the sounds in 5 and 6 were bad? Because Kaz didn't have a massive involvement? That what I gained from it anyway. I have never heard Kaz talk about this stuff before, I didn't know that he actually contributed to sounds for GT 1, 2 and 3. Nice to know he's playing a large role again.

I think I'm probably the only sim racer in the world that races like this.
I don't care for engine notes, tire squeal, opponent rumblings, or birds chirping.
Just as on my motorcycle, I'm faster and more consistent with a trance beat rolling in the background.
Find that strange?

XXI

I think I'm probably the only sim racer in the world that races like this.
I don't care for engine notes, tire squeal, opponent rumblings, or birds chirping.
Just as on my motorcycle, I'm faster and more consistent with a trance beat rolling in the background.
Find that strange?

To each his own. For me, the sweet sounds of a Ferrari V12 or a Cosworth V8, is trance music.

Not sure I like the reduction in spatial fidelity from the exhaust notes, but I suppose they give a better impression over a broader range of hardware / listening environments. There's more than a real hint of that resonant distortion from the Forza series, and somehow the pitching, panning and volume changes, combined with that crunchy tone, gives an impression of the venerable Grand Prix Legends!

The tweaks to the automated controls for gear changes are interesting, seeming to delay the clutch engagement after throttle re-engagement to cause a little blip / slip, which may or may not grate! If it's responsive to player input, then great! I will personally be using H-pattern again if I can, so I'll still get authentic "shift sounds", as I have since GT5P :D

The overall mix is very impressive, but it remains to be seen how they handle TV speakers and default settings etc.

If they keep this up. I genuinely think GTS will have better sounds than F7 and PCARS 2. Blasphemy

Back