The Sounds...

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDMTuningDR30
  • 3 comments
  • 535 views
Messages
96
Australia
Victoria
Messages
JDM_Tuning_DR30
The engine sounds are still not very good, when will they be fixed? Is this another thing Polyphony will hold off?
-_-....
 
Yes, I have to agree here. Great game, but the sounds are still pants. I have owned a great many performance cars that have featured in the GT series and I can safely say that in real life, they sound far better than the PD representations.
For example, I owned a Lancia Delta integrale Evo 2 for 6 years. Apart from a stainless steel exhaust and different springs/shocks it was totally standard/stock. It never sounded like the GT version, with the weird warble as it approached the red line?

Likewise, I owned a 2011 Subaru Impreza Sti Type Uk saloon, that sounded awesome in real life and yet in game, has some strange generic tinny sound to it?

And, for me the real killer the Audi Quattro E1/Pikes Peak car. Possibly THE most distinctive sounding car in the world, with that wonderful five cylinder wail and yet in game we get a high pitched whirring noise, combined with a generic racing car sound?

Seriously PD, WTF? Even Codemasters managed to nail the sounds in the Dirt series and yet the greatest racing series on the planet makes us deal with generic crap sounds? I will always come back to GT as the definitive racing sim but for gods sake, listen to your fans and sort out the sounds.

With the exception of a handful of prototypes, all the in game cars are accessible to record the correct sounds.
 
Most of the car sounds in the game remind me of this…

dyson.jpg
 
This seems like an API problem between the game and the operating system because sometimes the sounds are full and rich and other times they are thin and reedy.

I have multiple output options: TV, surround system, and headphones from the PS3 and when the sound goes thin, it's across all outputs.
 
Back