The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 451,128 views
Hello Ade,
Sorry about the MIA, after the Holidays work got pretty busy. I am still up for this Sunday Cup and will participate :) I will be more active on the forums. 👍

P.S: I wish they done a better job on the C7.........
 
LegendaryS30Z
P.S: I wish they done a better job on the C7.........

I wish they added more than one car. But, free is free.

I've had a chance to review the one replay I saved and noticed everyone bar me managed to get off the line without lighting up their tyres. How'd you manage it? Gearbox settings? Throttle modulation (I didn't notice any)?

I nearly ran some of you off the track. Which I'd like to avoid in future. Using the cockpit view is the head tracking worth using so I can keep track of where people are behind me? Or would another view be better?

Lastly, someone asked for a paint chip. Can you remind me what it was so I can have a look in my selection.
 
I sent ADE the Paprika paint chip for Omnius, forgot to say


I knew that maintenance was for Corvette deflowering only, peeps been talking about Spec III and all sorts of silly stuff elsewhere.

Reckon we could get Willow Springs also, very sparse surroundings = quick modelling?

Not sure if their new design ID (square light clusters on Camaro's etc.) fits the rear, would have preferred a re-imagining of the distinct round ones.

If you watch the unveil vid for real car, the design chief says about it looking more international.

I.E. We copied the Ferrari 599 GTO because its fricking beautiful.

I've currently got 1 mil paints!!! haha, i'm starting to delete multiples, so if anyone needs anything particular I've prob got it. Not turning this into trading though just you blokes.
 
Last edited:
I've had a chance to review the one replay I saved and noticed everyone bar me managed to get off the line without lighting up their tyres. How'd you manage it? Gearbox settings?

I normally use the gear box setting, just mess around with it to see which suits you best.

I nearly ran some of you off the track. Which I'd like to avoid in future. Using the cockpit view is the head tracking worth using so I can keep track of where people are behind me?

Head tracking only works in arcade mode.

Or would another view be better?

I personnaly use bumper cam, no obstructions like in the cockpit view. I also have the left and right buttons mapped so I can look left and right which helps a lot. Also the down button so I can get a look behind.

But again it's whatever you feel comfortable with and how you enjoy GT5, if you have not tried other views it's maybe worth a try.
 
hasslemoff
I normally use the gear box setting, just mess around with it to see which suits you best.

Head tracking only works in arcade mode.

I personnaly use bumper cam, no obstructions like in the cockpit view. I also have the left and right buttons mapped so I can look left and right which helps a lot. Also the down button so I can get a look behind.

But again it's whatever you feel comfortable with and how you enjoy GT5, if you have not tried other views it's maybe worth a try.

I did not know the head tracking only worked in arcade. 2 years, and I'm still learning things about the game.

Looks like I'll have to get my G27 out and play around with some button mapping, it's been a while.

Thanks for the info on my start/tyres conundrum 👍 gives me a starting point for working out where the kinks are (driver or setup).

My paint list is around 3500 items!
Why didn't they make it so you could re-use the colour. Then you'd unlock it and do away with the duplicate problem.
 
These are mine :) 👍

G271.png


G272.png
 
These are mine :) 👍

G271.png

​

Wow, I woud have expected more 'wear' on the Flash Lights button :lol: ... Or do you change it regularly? ;)

Also, zooming in on the minimap helps with car positions awareness. 👍
 
Even the S2 Elise cant go anywhere!!


68616_512284222149361_586927496_n_zps081c4691.jpg
 
OK racers, I have just completed a full 24 lap simulation of the Grand Valley race. Total time was 51:52.xxx. Fastest lap on the medium was 2:04.768. Most laps in the 04s, some in the 05s, until about lap 12 when the tyres went off. I carried on going until I had completed 16 laps on the meds, by which time the tyres were well done, and I was doing 06s/07s. Pitted and changed to hards for the last 8 laps, fastest being a 2:06.684. As online is currently undergoing maintenance, this test was done offline. Im not sure how much difference there is in the tyre wear physics between on/offline, but if it is the same, its going to be a stretch to make the meds last for 18 laps. The hard tyres were barely touched after the 8 laps I finished on. I am by no means a fast racer, and there are aliens who will complete the race a lot quicker than the 52 minutes it took me. So, as we have some time left before the start, I would like to increase the amount of laps for this race to 28. The minimum laps on the hard tyre will increase to 7. This will also take us up to the magic 1 hour race time.

NEXTRACE-2_zps02b61b4a.png
 
Last edited:
Brilliant attention to detail as host again ADE.

This reccy report allows us who are too lazy to formulate some kind of strategy at least.
 
Thanks Ade for the in depth detail:tup:

Got to start tuning đź’ˇ
 
Thanks Ade for your simulation report!

I'm trying to determine which corners that are the most important to achieve the best tune and by that fast lap times.

What three corners do you fast racers think is the most important? :)

GVS.jpg
 
Rosenlundaren
Thanks Ade for your simulation report!

I'm trying to determine which corners that are the most important to achieve the best tune and by that fast lap times.

What three corners do you fast racers think is the most important? :)

11!!! If you wash out, you can get one hell of a tank slapper. If you get one wheel on the grass. It'll also give you an edge on 2 as they are taken at similar speeds. Otherwise I'd choose the complexes. But then again, I'm not high up in the track time standing, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.
 
6, 7 and 10 are the tricky ones for me Rosen, if I could get all three of those right, I am sure I could find almost another second. 8 and 9 can also be quite costly if you dont get the right line through the entire curve.
 
Last edited:
Most important corners are those before long straights.
I only drived on sport hard...
I had problem braking in first turn and puting car for the second one.Also the last two corners in first sector could be hard to nail.I didnt now should I brake or just left of throtle in 4th corner and am still not sure(in map shown as 2).
Second sector is the hardest.Just try not go to wide in all of them(same for turns 10)
Last corner can go flat out and if I remember right you can cross the line in 226km/h.
After 15 laps or more I did 2.04.5xx, but that was in arcade mode and It should go even faster.
Try practice with your ghost,that helps a lot.
Hope to see you soon.
 
Sunday Cup News.

I have changed the race calender in the OP to reflect the additional 4 laps added to the Grand Valley race. I have also added 2 extra laps to a few of the other races so that the option tyres are used for 25% of the race length. (The previous number of laps for these circuits didnt work out to the 25% option tyre rule) These races are the Motegi, Fuji and Monza events. This may take these races to just over the 1 hour mark, but only by a few minutes.

Also, if everyone is in agreement, I would also like to increase the season finale at Suzuka to 28 laps. Let me know what you think.
 
Sunday Cup News.


Also, if everyone is in agreement, I would also like to increase the season finale at Suzuka to 28 laps. Let me know what you think.

The longer, the better. 👍:)
 
Thanks for your feedback on the corners. 👍

Did some laps last night and I'm struggeling to get faster but the progress is going slow... now down to 2.06.4xx. And not consistent. 👎 :grumpy:

The upside is that I like the track more and more! I think it's time for GVS to start liking me...

Anybody got a replay to spare?
 
Rosenlundaren
Anybody got a replay to spare?

I have a couple on each tyre compound. But I have no idea how to get them to you.

That is, if you don't mind getting them from the new boy lol
 
I can put some in dropbox later today, or if you fancy a couple of laps tonight I will open a lobby.
 
What three corners do you fast racers think is the most important? :)

GVS.jpg


For me the most important corners are 10, 1 and 8 (the ones before the long straights). After that 3 and 6 where we are braking hard. Here if you brake early you will lose time and race position in a race. If you are too late you'll lose even more time.
 
I have a couple on each tyre compound. But I have no idea how to get them to you.

That is, if you don't mind getting them from the new boy lol

No, anything goes. :)

Check out dropbox.com
 

First time in paint, I know how it looks:yuck:
In turn 10 also use concrate but only two wheels ,by the rule
Hope it helps...
 
Back