The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 451,134 views
I can't make it tonight, I have a deadline I just can't get out off. :guilty:

Have fun gentlemen! I know I will! :grumpy: :irked: :ouch:

EDIT: Hey John! 👍
 
Last edited:
Hi gents,
Ade would it be possible to join for the practice session if there's space.

Hey John, it would be a pleasure to have you join us.👍👍👍 Race ya later.

I can't make it tonight, I have a deadline I just can't get out off. :guilty:

Have fun gentlemen! I know I will! :grumpy: :irked: :ouch:

OK mate, cheers for letting us know. Next weekend I will be holding practice on Saturday as well as Sunday.
 
Thank you Ade and ahh shucks Bo.
 
Yay Joylord! Not seen you since we raced in HAB (You remember right?)
 
Just a reminder of the opening specs we will be using in tonights practice.

STARTINGSPEC.png

Remember to be careful at the last turn, as we found out last week, 2 through together doesnt work.

Not long now, lobby will be open at 8.00pm.
 
Last edited:
hey guys even though I'm not as quick as most of you lot, I'm quite looking forward to being a mobile chicane at the front, a baby blue lotus put there to sharpen up your overtaking skills!!! ;-)
 
hey guys even though I'm not as quick as most of you lot, I'm quite looking forward to being a mobile chicane at the front, a baby blue lotus put there to sharpen up your overtaking skills!!! ;-)

I think you will find some more pace tonight Jammy. Into the 04s, maybe the 03s on the medium.
 
Can't connect to the server oddly. I'm logged onto psn but GT5 is not having it!
 
I can't log onto gt5. Keeps saying a connection to server cannot be established?! Anyone else with the same issue?
 
jammyrex
hey guys even though I'm not as quick as most of you lot, I'm quite looking forward to being a mobile chicane at the front, a baby blue lotus put there to sharpen up your overtaking skills!!! ;-)

Fancy having a partner in crime? If I get some action on race day :sly:. Hondas unite lol
 
Checked last race, where I thought I took out a few at the top of the hill.

Me and Dowlin had a good line up the hill and I think Omnius was already on the grass while we chased him and Jammy.

He couldn't go any where trying to get back to the track and so did most of us, so I feel better.

Let me know guys if you think I'm too aggressive, poor braker or whatever.

I'm not going to have any bumpers left after this race.

Great stuff though guys, see you next practice.
 
Great practice session again, which saw 11 racers joining. Jammy had a few problems getting in, but when he did get in we had several short races on both tyres. Some of these races got a little messy in the early laps, with a bit of pushing and shoving. This may have been because these races tonight where short, and drivers were eager to get up front. This track is proving that the racing will be close, so come race day, patients must be shown. I will not get to view the replays tonight, as its getting on, but I will tomorrow, and as usual all fastest lap race times will be posted. Dans time of 2:01.8xx will not be included in tomorrows fastest times, as it was set in free run, not in the races we ran. 2:01.8xx, ALIEN.
 
Lol.. Was good fun tonight, a little bumpy here and there but as I said in the lobby, the connection wasn't great tonight, with Jammys car especially laggy. Nice bit of door to door action with Dowlin 👍
 
Yeah It was fun Dan, until I put it in the dirt but yeah :lol:

Really enjoyed the racing tonight, had some good battles with a few people but also made a fair few mistakes which effected other people so I apologize.

Following up on what Dan said about Jammy's connection, Jammy you were lagging pretty bad for me too so I'm sorry for all the bumps you got from me, it seemed every time we were about 5 feet from each other we were gonna hit. Just wanted to point out it wasn't intentional 👍

This race is going to be fun but patience will be key.
 
Had an hour or so of practice and i've managed a 2:02.599

Though whether or not i will get anywhere nearer to the 2:01, i don't know.

Btw this time was set with the pad, not the wheel.
 
Thanks for the heads up on the lagging. I did have issues connecting tonight, and only after Ade's advice of clearing the cache was I able to connect to the GT5 servers. But my connection speed appeared completely normal, so not sure what was going on. All I know is I was slow, Dowlin was all over me in that last race and drove past me cleanly on acceleration where I wouldn't think would normally be possible. My acceleration just seemed poor... Couldn't get near to lap times I set last week. Weird.
 
CTR Driver
Fancy having a partner in crime? If I get some action on race day :sly:. Hondas unite lol

Ahh Hondas unite, I like the sound of that! ;) I am a true Honda nut and own two in real life!

BTW while we are talking in a Lotus race series thread, the Honda K20 unit (from a Civic Type R) is the engine that the Elise should have had from the factory.... a very popular conversion but is so ideally suited to that car!
 
jammyrex
Ahh Hondas unite, I like the sound of that! ;) I am a true Honda nut and own two in real life!

BTW while we are talking in a Lotus race series thread, the Honda K20 unit (from a Civic Type R) is the engine that the Elise should have had from the factory.... a very popular conversion but is so ideally suited to that car!

I own an EP3 Civic Type R IRL. Previously had a MB chassis with a d15z (first car) which made me fall in love with Hondas and vtec.
K20A powered Elise?! Wow. Just the thought makes my knees go a bit.
 
To anyone i touched or pushed to pass as I heard alot during the Sundays session I apologize. I have not had much track time with the new car especially in traffic. I did see cars spin on their own and it was my impression that this is the reason for these sessions to work out details about your tune in none points events that don't effect the championship in any manner.
 
No worries dude, I bumped and got bumped with the best of them.

Big chunks of ground can be won or lost through getting whole sectors perfect or not.

So following someone, they can runaway from you or suddenly you're all over they're ass!

(For Mickey Flanagan fans, thats 'all other they're house!')

Going to be interesting when the tyres go off.

Amazing how technical this course is when racing humans, just puts me more in awe of Dan, not just times but consistency.

You have to be on it every lap, and for a mere mortal like myself that means I expect to be bumped by you and any of the other boys at some point.
 
Last edited:
Ade, have you got a list of the dates SC3 will fall on? I'm only hoping that with your series being once a fortnight, I'll be in the clear!

I know work is work, but they've changed the shifts AGAIN!

Where I used to work 2 weeks of days (Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30pm) then 2 weeks of nights ( Mon - Thurs 9:45pm to 8am, I know I hated nights but you did technically get Fridays off)

My new shift pattern is this...

1 Week Mon-Thur 6am to 2:45pm, Friday 6am to 12:30pm.
Then, 1 Week Mon-Thur 2:45pm to Midnight, Friday 12:30pm to 4:30pm

As I've decided to start to bike to work (seriously need to get fitter!) it's the week when I'm starting at 6am means the Sunday nights will be tight to do a SC race as the time I'd need to be up to start traveling is going to be mental! (I'd have rather stopped on nights at this rate!)

Just hoping that the SC falls on the weeks I'm doing lates! I start my first week of lates this week by the way :indiff: so I'll not be on my PS3 at all on a night time this week as I'll not be in until 1am or so :sick:
 
All the dates are in the OP on the race calender. Hopefully they wont clash with your shift.
 
Phew! Close one! I'm on earlys the week leading up to the SC weekend, so the following Monday see's me on lates! :)
 
I own an EP3 Civic Type R IRL. Previously had a MB chassis with a d15z (first car) which made me fall in love with Hondas and vtec.
K20A powered Elise?! Wow. Just the thought makes my knees go a bit.

Nice to see some Honda fans on here, I've recently just sold my integra dc5, what a car that was to to drive! Used to track it quite regularly, took it round nurburgring which was fun.

Again good practice last night. Was a bit leggy when cars were bunched up, but that always seems to be the case on gt5. I know when I'm online now I always make sure the ps3 is the only thing connected to router as other computers connected up wirelessly can contribute to slowing things down!
 
Hancock
Nice to see some Honda fans on here, I've recently just sold my integra dc5, what a car that was to to drive! Used to track it quite regularly, took it round nurburgring which was fun.

Again good practice last night. Was a bit leggy when cars were bunched up, but that always seems to be the case on gt5. I know when I'm online now I always make sure the ps3 is the only thing connected to router as other computers connected up wirelessly can contribute to slowing things down!


Good tips on disconnecting any other devices, will make sure wi fi on my phone is turned off next time just to be sure. Hopefully the next practice session I get will be more straightforward, felt like I went backwards in the last one instead of forwards!

... The DC5 is an awesome car! I used to have a DC2 which was sublime, the handling of that car was incredible. Now a happy owner of an S2000 and CL7 Accord. Nothing like revving a Honda engine to 9000rpm to make you smile! :D
 
jammyrex
Nothing like revving a Honda engine to 9000rpm to make you smile! :D

Vtec just kicked in yo.
Sorry I couldn't resist.
 
Back