The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,984 views
Well it dosnt look like any practice laps tonight, PSN maintenence, and Im also having problems with my western digital HD. I put the replays on it from my PS3, but my pc wont see it. Need to download drivers for it. Meh
 
Last edited:

First time in paint, I know how it looks:yuck:
In turn 10 also use concrate but only two wheels ,by the rule
Hope it helps...

Excellent! Thanks alot! 👍
 
Worked halfway. Managed to save the file on PS3 but couldn't play it in GT5... Something to do about there is a different users file/replay??

Need some step-by-step help.

Have you put it in a folder called SAVEDATA, and put that folder into another called PS3 ?
 
Have you put it in a folder called SAVEDATA, and put that folder into another called PS3 ?

Yes.
Under SAVEDATA (on the stick) there was two folders: one that contains my back up (GT5) and one with an old replay. I tried to save the three or four replay-files in SAVEDATA, but that didn't work. I couldn't see them in PS3.

Then I overwrote the replay-files in the old replay folder. Then I could copy the replay to PS3, but was not able to play it in GT5.
I think I did that way... :)
 
Rosenlundaren
Yes.
Under SAVEDATA (on the stick) there was two folders: one that contains my back up (GT5) and one with an old replay. I tried to save the three or four replay-files in SAVEDATA, but that didn't work. I couldn't see them in PS3.

Then I overwrote the replay-files in the old replay folder. Then I could copy the replay to PS3, but was not able to play it in GT5.
I think I did that way... :)

I'm still green at this so bear with me.
You got them on to the ps3?
If you did, you need to import the save into gt5 via "import" (above exit) in the replay theatre.
 
I'm still green at this so bear with me.
You got them on to the ps3?
If you did, you need to import the save into gt5 via "import" (above exit) in the replay theatre.

Aha! The missing part! I didn't import the replay.:dunce:

I will try that when I come home. 👍
 
I'll have to get the WSP setup later.. Been a while since I ran any laps. :)
 
Aha! The missing part! I didn't import the replay.:dunce:

I will try that when I come home. 👍

I thought I had screwed up :guilty: Just spent the last 20 mins taking it full circle (Downloading to different memory stick and loading into ps3/gt5).
I got it to work, so you should have no problems.
 
Lotus Evora S on the test track in the snow. Good job there's no snow at Grand Valley.

snowevora_zps3b7ed62e.jpg

​

There's a load more pics of what its been like at Hethel this week on the Lotus facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/LotusCars
 
Snowed for the First time down here in the south today, Southampton airport closed, not the chicken shed that Bournemouth is but not surprising, quite a few inches in a few hours.

So didn't make work. Drove the new stingray and a few other premiums I haven't seen the cockpit of and a little tune and run in ADE's lounge.

2:03.555 on the meds. Took some more concrete a la Petros' paint trail. Think there is a little more I could get out but feels like I'm doing Rally Cross a bit.

As per I shyed away from the hards for now.

Turns 4,5,6 and 7,8 then seperately 9 have to be strung to perfection everytime.

Some places you just don't want to be hitting curbs either.

ADE.....that Exige V6 CUP R!!!!!! dribble dribble, even the cockpit is gorgeous!
 
Snowed for the First time down here in the south today, Southampton airport closed, not the chicken shed that Bournemouth is but not surprising, quite a few inches in a few hours.

So didn't make work. Drove the new stingray and a few other premiums I haven't seen the cockpit of and a little tune and run in ADE's lounge.

2:03.555 on the meds. Took some more concrete a la Petros' paint trail. Think there is a little more I could get out but feels like I'm doing Rally Cross a bit.

As per I shyed away from the hards for now.

Turns 4,5,6 and 7,8 then seperately 9 have to be strung to perfection everytime.

Some places you just don't want to be hitting curbs either.

ADE.....that Exige V6 CUP R!!!!!! dribble dribble, even the cockpit is gorgeous!

What this one.....

exigecup_zps63502938.jpg


cockpit_zpse211951a.jpg
 
I thought I had screwed up :guilty: Just spent the last 20 mins taking it full circle (Downloading to different memory stick and loading into ps3/gt5).
I got it to work, so you should have no problems.


👍 It worked out! Now I know how to do it. :)

Thanks alot for your efforts CTR!
 
Thats it ADE, love the Fibre Glass mesh detailing.

Think I've found my ultimate track day car!
 
Rosenlundaren
👍 It worked out! Now I know how to do it. :)

Thanks alot for your efforts CTR!

No problem. You'll be faster than me in no time :bowdown:
 
My lounge is open if anyone wants to practice. Just add Hancoclc
 
I just ran some laps in my lounge.. Best on the hard was a 2'05.188, So I got a bit of work to do to catch up with Petros.. I'm gonna have a few on the medium now 👍

Edit, 2nd flying lap 2'01.915.. I think I can easily improve a few tenths on that one :)
 
Last edited:
Some great time Dan:tup:
My PB was in arcade mode and I doubt I could do this in lobby.

Have you notice if there is any change in driving after new update?
 
Some great time Dan:tup:
My PB was in arcade mode and I doubt I could do this in lobby.

Have you notice if there is any change in driving after new update?

Thanks.. I didn't notice any change to be honest.. Car feels pretty good :)
 
Official practice will be tomorrow at 8.00pm. You all know the format, 3 lap races on both tyre compounds. It will be interesting to see if we have many improvements from last weeks times. PSN maintenance last night meant I didnt get my Friday fix of racing, so I may have a few laps later tonight if I have the time. If you see my lobby open, feel free to join.
 
Had a few laps in my lobby tonight and and was pleased to get my time down to a 2:03.926 on the medium. 8 tenths faster than my previous PB, but still 2 full seconds off the Alien. Fairly sure that I am loosing some time at the first tunnel, just cant seem to get it right going in after the complex chicane with the concrete pad ( turns 5 in Rosens map). I am also fairly sure that I am dropping a few tenths at the last complex. (turns 10) Just cant seem to get the right line into it. On the whole though, I am pleased I got into the 03s, just hope I can replicate it in tomorrows practice.
 
Last edited:
GTP_ADE
Had a few laps in my lobby tonight and and was pleased to get my time down to a 2:03.926 on the medium. 8 tenths faster than my previous PB, but still 2 full seconds off the Alien. Fairly sure that I am loosing some time at the first tunnel, just cant seem to get it right going in after the complex chicane with the concrete pad ( turns 5 in petros map). I am also fairly sure that I am dropping a few tenths at the last complex. (turns 10) Just cant seem to get the right line into it. On the whole though, I am pleased I got into the 03s, just hope I can replicate it in tomorrows practice.

Flipping 'eck, dunno how you are getting so low with these times! I should be able to make practice tonight, but I have not had any further practice to speak of and will be getting left behind at this rate!!!
 
Flipping 'eck, dunno how you are getting so low with these times! I should be able to make practice tonight, but I have not had any further practice to speak of and will be getting left behind at this rate!!!

I made a few changes to my set up. Ride height lowered a bit more front and rear, and applied a little more toe out to the rear. Seemed to reduce the over steer a bit. If I can improve my entry into the 2 parts of the track that are causing me to loose time, I reckon I can take almost a second off.
 
I'm looking forward to practice later.. Be good to run with a few other cars on track.
 
...If I can improve my entry into the 2 parts of the track that are causing me to loose time, I reckon I can take almost a second off.

So you're doing 2:03-laps and still have a second in it? ...
Did you visit the mothership Ade? :eek: :lol:
 
GTP_ADE
Had a few laps in my lobby tonight and and was pleased to get my time down to a 2:03.926 on the medium. 8 tenths faster than my previous PB, but still 2 full seconds off the Alien. Fairly sure that I am loosing some time at the first tunnel, just cant seem to get it right going in after the complex chicane with the concrete pad ( turns 5 in petros map). I am also fairly sure that I am dropping a few tenths at the last complex. (turns 10) Just cant seem to get the right line into it. On the whole though, I am pleased I got into the 03s, just hope I can replicate it in tomorrows practice.

I won't be able to join in tonights track time. Having trouble getting back to my best of 2:04.6xx. Seems every gearbox/suspension tweak I make, makes me slower. :grumpy:

Nice time ADE 👍
 
So you're doing 2:03-laps and still have a second in it? ...
Did you visit the mothership Ade? :eek: :lol:

Yeah I think Im probably dropping .5 of a second at T5 and T10 on the really fast guys. Possibly more at T10. I just cant seem to get the entry right into the first part of it, and then that leaves me out of shape for a fast exit. Cant wait for tonight to see the way the Alien takes his line through here, perhaps that will help me. Hopefully Jim will be on tonight as well as a few others.
 
I should be able to join tonight. Managed to get some practice in over the weekend, I forgot how much fun this car is to drive! This track really suits it IMO. I've managed 2;02,4 doubt I can break into 01's though, looks like Dan's gonna be very difficult to beat this season.
 
Hi gents,
Ade would it be possible to join for the practice session if there's space.
 
Back