The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,969 views
Well I have been through the replays to record everyones fastest laps. New best times will appear in green text on the table. As pointed out by myself and a few of you today, these practices are to get an idea of any problems we may come across in the race, and address them before race day, as well as getting an idea of everyones times. A couple of the races were a bit bump and go when the cars were packed tightly together in the early laps. There are only a couple of places to make clean passes here, so come race day patients will be the key. There will be more on the grid come the race, and it will seem even more crowded, so everyone will need to be aware of who is around them. It is a long race, and I expect that the racing will be close, so please use caution and wait for the right opportunity to overtake.

Now to the practice results. Dan is the pace setter on both tyres, setting Alien times on each. His free run time of 2:01.8xx does not count though, as it was not in a race that could be saved.

SPORT MEDIUM TYRE.

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:02.351
HANCOCLC...2:02.525
DOWLIN...2:02.987
CAPT.D...2:03.479
JIMFTR2...2:03.558
ADE3210...2:03.954
SHOLESY...2:04.107
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:04.165
THIRD_REIGN...2:04.700
JAMMYREX...2:05.037
COBANI...2:05.153
COBRIUS...2:05.223
OMNIUS...2:06.573
GC255...2:07.661
GOODWOLF...NO TIME SET


SPORT HARD TYRE

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:04.994
JIMFTR2...2:06.348
CAPT.D...2:06.452
SHOLESY...2:06.847
DOWLIN...2:06.882
THIRD_REIGN...2:07.213
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:07.479
ADE3210...2:08.638
JAMMYREX...2:08.819
GOODWOLF...2:09.142
COBANI...2:10.000
HANCOCLC...2:10.021
GC255...2:10.263
OMNIUS...2:10.679
COBRIUS...NO TIME SET

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE

JOYLORD
MED...2:04.427
HARD...2:06.886

​

A few of you mentioned experiencing some lag issues last night, however there was no lag evident in any of my replays, from any drivers. I know that there have been some connection problems with the GT5 servers as stated on the news tab when GT5 loads up. I have my PS3 hard wired to my BT home hub, and I have the ports forwarded to give my PS3 priority over all other devices.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations gentlemen, those are some insane times!

I'm not worried! :nervous: :scared: :)
 
Those are some good lap times everyone:tup:
Sorry couldn't make it Ade had internet issues right after logging in GT5 that plague me until the night. I hope to join in next Sunday:)
 
That says I'm faster than Dowlin on the hard. Whoop Whoop!

That just made my day!. I'm retiring right now and framing that, gonna live off that rep and get invited to drive everywhere like chef James Martin, just cos I said I liked cars once. Lol
 
That says I'm faster than Dowlin on the hard. Whoop Whoop!

Thats right, and you just brought it to my attention that I put it in the wrong order:dunce:, nevermind, its corrected now.

Other news, Lotus cars official facebook page, have liked The Sunday Cup page. So we are now being followed by Lotus on both facebook, and twitter.

lotusfb_zps3e086138.png
 
Last edited:
Nice work Ade as always you know how to put on a show. Funny how I was faster on the harder tyre. But I had fun great night even with a few taps which I could cope with. Thanks gentlemen for the racing.
 

That is just great! 👍
We really are promoting the beauty of driving Lotus cars and to have this recognition is fantastic! Congratulations!
 
That says I'm faster than Dowlin on the hard. Whoop Whoop!

That just made my day!. I'm retiring right now and framing that, gonna live off that rep and get invited to drive everywhere like chef James Martin, just cos I said I liked cars once. Lol

Haha I could be a bit of a jerk and say I never had a clean lap :P but I won't yet haha until the next practice session if you are still faster than me :lol:
 
​
Had another view of the replays tonight, paying particular attention to some of the faster drivers, and watching the info such as pedal input and which gears are used for certain turns. The turns I though I was loosing time on were 5 and 10 (from Rosens map). I was right, and with a bit of tweaking to the transmission, I found the extra second I thought I was loosing. I managed consistent low 03s, with the fastest time being a 2:02.987 ( which is an exact match to Dowlins time in Sundays practice, but my time tonight doesnt count as it wasnt in practice race conditions ). Well pleased with this time, next target being 02.5xx.

GVS.jpg
 
Last edited:
Haha I could be a bit of a jerk and say I never had a clean lap :P but I won't yet haha until the next practice session if you are still faster than me :lol:


Ahh!, you could have left me in blissful ignorance until sunday at least. I'm just happy to be in that company.

Might have to review my replay onboard with the big boys as well if you gained that much ADE.

I must take this more seriously, my competitive gingerness dictates as much. :)
 
:lol:

Nice improvement Ade 👍

Cheers Dan:tup:, think I have squeezed everything out of it now though. Had a few laps last night and got a 2:02.950, and went on for a bit tonight and could only get a 2:03.034. Im going to run 2 practice sessions this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, so if anyone wants some extra track time before race 1, you know where to come. Its nearly here guys, just over 1 week till S3 starts.
 
Cheers Dan:tup:, think I have squeezed everything out of it now though. Had a few laps last night and got a 2:02.950, and went on for a bit tonight and could only get a 2:03.034. Im going to run 2 practice sessions this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, so if anyone wants some extra track time before race 1, you know where to come. Its nearly here guys, just over 1 week till S3 starts.

Nice progress Ade. 👍

I may join you, I certainly need the inspiration. Last night I did 2.05.8xx, so bit by bit I'm slowly peeling off time.
 
Hey guys, I'm just going to leave this here...



Sorry for the music, I forgot to turn that off but yeah, I recorded this with my new capture card. Let me know what you guys think. I have a few ideas in mind to use here.

Skip to 0:47 for the start of the race.
 
Last edited:
"The content owner hasn't allowed this video for mobiles"
 
Not bad Dowlin, but yeah the music has to go :)
 
"The content owner hasn't allowed this video for mobiles"

Yeah, I was just looking at that, I think because of the music I'm not allowed to enable it for mobile devices.

Cheers Dan, I agree. It was recorded in a bit of a rush last Friday a little while before the CORE race was scheduled to start, it'l look and sound better when I take my time next time.
 
Hey guys, I'm just going to leave this here...

Let me know what you guys think. I have a few ideas in mind to use here.

Excellent Dowlin. Post race video footage will be awesome. 👍👍👍
 
Do you mean the results popping up on the screen?

You could do that, which would display all the other data such as speed, tyres etc, and then switch back to no data. You could also toggle through some different views aswell, during overtakes, then switch to rear view as you pass. How large is the video file after you have captured it, and does it take long to upload to You tube?
 
You could do that, which would display all the other data such as speed, tyres etc, and then switch back to no data. You could also toggle through some different views aswell, during overtakes, then switch to rear view as you pass. How large is the video file after you have captured it, and does it take long to upload to You tube?

Yeah I have plans for all of that, wait and see Ade ;) That particular nearly 8 minute clip was recorded in 720p and ended up being around 330mb and here in college it took 20 minutes to upload.
 
Yeah I have plans for all of that, wait and see Ade ;) That particular nearly 8 minute clip was recorded in 720p and ended up being around 330mb and here in college it took 20 minutes to upload.

Wow, my 2 minute clips take over an hour to upload, but they are recorded on my phone, and not sure what the file size is. Looking forward to some quality videos mate.👍👍👍
 
You don't want to know how fast the line is in my Physics department ^^

I can DL 24GB within ~20mins. Thank god for one of our groups needing a highspeed link to CERN xD

btw: that taste in music ain't too bad if i say so ;)
 
Hey guys, I'm just going to leave this here...



Sorry for the music, I forgot to turn that off but yeah, I recorded this with my new capture card. Let me know what you guys think. I have a few ideas in mind to use here.

Skip to 0:47 for the start of the race.


I'm in a youtube video :D Suppose the music isn't to everyones taste, but I like it 👍

I've never done any videos/editing before now but when I watch a replay it misses out the first 10-15 seconds of racing, I just pause it and select go to top. I don't know how these things work but could you do this and record from the "restart" of the replay? It'd cut ~50 seconds of loading screen.

Top work 👍👍👍
Subsciption pending.
...................
Subscribed
 
Last edited:
CTR Driver
I'm in a youtube video :D Suppose the music isn't to everyones taste, but I like it 👍

I've never done any videos/editing before now but when I watch a replay it misses out the first 10-15 seconds of racing, I just pause it and select go to top. I don't know how these things work but could you do this and record from the "restart" of the replay? It'd cut ~50 seconds of loading screen.

Top work 👍👍👍
Subsciption pending.

Oh yeah I can definitely do that, just like I said I did in a rush and just as a test for quality. They will look much better in the near future just working out the kinks. Thanks a lot for the feedback guys 👍 👍 👍
 
Back