The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,914 views
Prehaps if they had released a new wheel they wouldn't have been in this mess???
 
OmniusGT
Prehaps if they had released a new wheel they wouldn't have been in this mess???

Perhaps indeed Omnius :lol: it better mean that the G27 will go down in price to like a fiver because that's the only way I'll be able to get one.

Also in case some of you metalheads were wondering, it was Trivium at the start of the video and Metallica at the end. Just thought I'd throw that out there :lol:
 
Dowlin39
Also in case some of you metalheads were wondering, it was Trivium at the start of the video and Metallica at the end. Just thought I'd throw that out there :lol:

We knew that, but Swedish Death Metal is the way forward for the CORE :sly:
 
Looking forward to some more practice at Grand Valley tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully I can get close to the times I set earlier in the week.

If anyone is wandering where to place the ballast on their car, the real Evora S comes with 39% / 61% weight distribution. In GT settings the ballast is positioned at 17 to the rear to achieve this.

http://www.auto123.com/en/lotus/evora/2011/review?carid=1113600502&artid=132434
 
GTP_ADE
Looking forward to some more practice at Grand Valley tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully I can get close to the times I set earlier in the week.

If anyone is wandering where to place the ballast on their car, the real Evora S comes with 39% / 61% weight distribution. In GT settings the ballast is positioned at 17 to the rear to achieve this.

http://www.auto123.com/en/lotus/evora/2011/review?carid=1113600502&artid=132434

Interesting tidbit with the ballast 👍, I went the other way. Suppose that's a rookie error lol. I may have to experiment with this new information.
 
Good little practice tonight, although not as busy as the last 2 weeks. I was joined by GC255 and we ran a couple of races on the medium. I managed a 2:03.168 in free run, before the races, but could only get an 03.361 in the race. We were then joined by Capt_D and Joylord, and ran a couple of races on the medium tyre, before one last run on the hard. New PBs were set for GC255 and myself, (new times are in blue text). GTP_Joylord will be joining the reserve drivers table. More practice tomorrow gents.


SPORT MEDIUM TYRE.

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:02.351
HANCOCLC...2:02.525
DOWLIN...2:02.987
ADE3210...2:03.361
CAPT.D...2:03.479
JIMFTR2...2:03.558
SHOLESY...2:04.107
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:04.165
GTP_JOYLORD...2:04.427
GC255...2:04.466
THIRD_REIGN...2:04.700
JAMMYREX...2:05.037
COBANI...2:05.153
COBRIUS...2:05.223
OMNIUS...2:06.573
GOODWOLF...NO TIME SET


SPORT HARD TYRE

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:04.994
JIMFTR2...2:06.348
CAPT.D...2:06.452
SHOLESY...2:06.847
DOWLIN...2:06.882
GTP_JOYLORD...2:06.886
THIRD_REIGN...2:07.213
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:07.479
ADE3210...2:07.501
JAMMYREX...2:08.819
GOODWOLF...2:09.142
GC255...2:09.357
COBANI...2:10.000
HANCOCLC...2:10.021
OMNIUS...2:10.679
COBRIUS...NO TIME SET​
 
Last edited:
Final Sunday practice before next Sunday's race #1 of season 3. Lobby will be open at 8.00pm as usual. It seems so long ago now that the S3 specs and dates were revealed, but we are nearly there now, and hopefully all this practice will pay off for the whole season.
 
8 racers for this final Sunday practice, and the times are still coming down. New PB's set tonight are in green text, and there were a few. The racing was very close. It was good to see Happysylvia join us for this session. Next weekend the fun starts for real gents. Thanks to you all for taking the time to practice and learn the car. I am sure it will make the racing over the next 15 weeks that much more rewarding. Sunday Cuppers, next week it begins.


SPORT MEDIUM TYRE.

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:02.351
HANCOCLC...2:02.525
DOWLIN...2:02.987
COBANI...2:03.094
CAPT.D...2:03.182
ADE3210...2:03.361
JIMFTR2...2:03.558
THIRD_REIGN...2:03.815
SHOLESY...2:04.107
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:04.165
GTP_JOYLORD...2:04.427
GC255...2:04.466
JAMMYREX...2:05.037
COBRIUS...2:05.223
HAPPYSILVIA...2:06.571
OMNIUS...2:06.573
GOODWOLF...NO TIME SET


SPORT HARD TYRE

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:04.994
HANCOCLC...2:06.067
CAPT.D...2:06.157
JIMFTR2...2:06.348
COBANI...2:06.565
SHOLESY...2:06.847
DOWLIN...2:06.882
GTP_JOYLORD...2:06.886
ADE3210...2:06.967
THIRD_REIGN...2:07.213
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:07.479
COBRIUS...2:08.097
JAMMYREX...2:08.819
GOODWOLF...2:09.142
GC255...2:09.357
HAPPSYLVIA...2:10.339
OMNIUS...2:10.679
​
 
Hi all

Unfortunately I have a bad news:guilty:

Something came up and I wont be around to race in this seasson.
I hope that this situation will be better soon so maybe I´ll be there for a few races.
I allready told Ade to put me as reserved driver.

I am really sorry guys but sometime life can be changed in a second.
I will keep my eyes on thread to watch and enjoy in report and pictures of each race.
I wish you all good luck and most important to have fun driveing this awsome car.

Cheers all
 
That is a shame to hear Petros.

All the best and I do hope to race with you sometime in the future.

You are a cracking driver! 👍
 
That is a shame to hear Petros.

All the best and I do hope to race with you sometime in the future.

You are a cracking driver! 👍

x2... 👍
 
That is a shame to hear Petros.

All the best and I do hope to race with you sometime in the future.

You are a cracking driver! 👍

x2... 👍


x3... That is sad to hear. As requested I will place you on the reserve drivers list. I hope your situation changes and you can join us for some races. You are a great driver.👍
 
Tnx for the complimate guys.
I never think like this about myself becouse you can allways be even better;)
Ahh, I am gona miss racing:guilty:
 
I'm sorry to hear that Petros. I really hope you will find time to join us in some of the races or during practice time. Someone has to show us how it's done properly.
 
Ok racers, the grid for this Sundays first race has been tweaked. With Petros not being able to compete, GC255 will take his grid place for race#1. We are on the count down to S3 now guys, and its looking like a full grid. If anyone else cant make the race, please let me know as soon as possible so I can allocate reserve positions. Thank you.👍👍👍👍


SUNDAY CUP S3 RACE #1 LINE UP

COBANI
KOR_HELLRAZOR
ADE3210
PSN-OMNIUSALX
SOCALSPEEDFREAK
DOWLIN39
GOODWOLF
JIMFTR2
ROSENLUNDAREN
THIRD_REIGN
HAPPYSYLVIA
CPT.DISASTER
HANCOCK
JAMMYREX
SHOLESY1899
GC255


R. GTP_JOYLORD
R. BIG_C_23
R. CAPTAIN ROH
R. HASSLEMOFF
R. TROTTERLOVER
R. TPE-RUS (PETROS)





​
 
Last edited:
... Over a year ago a single thought became an idea to let others enjoy the cheer pleasure of driving Lotus cars ...
... Now the Sunday Cup has become a well respected racing series with nearly 80.000 views ...
... And season 3 is just about to take the evolution to a whole new level ...


But first a short recap of how the fun, heartbreak, and love all started. 👍

Sunday Cup: Season 1 highlights in pictures.
SC_Race1_01.jpg


SC_Race1_03.jpg


SC_Race2_01.jpg


SC_Race2_03.jpg


SC_Race3_010.jpg


SC_Race3_027.jpg


SC_Race4_004.jpg


SC_Race4_020.jpg


SC_Race5_003.jpg


SC_Race5_004.jpg


SC_Race7_004.jpg


SC_Race7_007.jpg


SC_Race8_004.jpg


SC_Race8_008.jpg


... A fantastic first season saw the championship battle go down to the wire ...
... Points were hard-fought all throughout the midfield ...
... But foremost the level of driving, respect shown and all out fun was second to none ...


A recap of season 2 is just around the corner ...
 
Cobani
... Over a year ago a single thought became an idea to let others enjoy the cheer pleasure of driving Lotus cars ...
... Now the Sunday Cup has become a well respected racing series with nearly 80.000 views ...
... And season 3 is just about to take the evolution to a whole new level ...

But first a short recap of how the fun, heartbreak, and love all started. 👍

Sunday Cup: Season 1 highlights in pictures.

... A fantastic first season saw the championship battle go down to the wire ...
... Points were hard-fought all throughout the midfield ...
... But foremost the level of driving, respect shown and all out fun was second to none ...

A recap of season 2 is just around the corner ...

Fantastic nostalgia in the run up to Sundays race Cobani. Cant wait for the S2 recap.
 
... Over a year ago a single thought became an idea to let others enjoy the cheer pleasure of driving Lotus cars ...
... Now the Sunday Cup has become a well respected racing series with nearly 80.000 views ...
... And season 3 is just about to take the evolution to a whole new level ...


SC_Race5_003.jpg


SC_Race5_004.jpg



... A fantastic first season saw the championship battle go down to the wire ...
... Points were hard-fought all throughout the midfield ...
... But foremost the level of driving, respect shown and all out fun was second to none ...


Thanks Cobani! For me these pictures tell what Sunday Cup is all about. Close racing and look how drivers give each other space. Thank you all. 👍
Respect!


Of course this one, but with number 12 already in front, is on every wallpaper, and soon I'll have it framed. ;)

SC_Race4_020.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just went for a few laps in Rosen's lobby after seeing it open for practice. He was in there, although I think he was away from his PS3 as he didnt join me on the track. Managed a new PB of 2:02.928. Just a shame this doesn't count towards the practice times, as this would put me third on the table for the medium tyre. There will be the opportunity though, as there will be one last practice session on the eve of this weekends race. Saturday at 8.00pm is the last chance to shave a few more tenths off before Sunday's 1st race of S3.

SPORT MEDIUM TYRE.

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:02.351
HANCOCLC...2:02.525
DOWLIN...2:02.987
COBANI...2:03.094
CAPT.D...2:03.182
ADE3210...2:03.361
JIMFTR2...2:03.558
THIRD_REIGN...2:03.815
SHOLESY...2:04.107
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:04.165
GTP_JOYLORD...2:04.427
GC255...2:04.466
JAMMYREX...2:05.037
COBRIUS...2:05.223
HAPPYSILVIA...2:06.571
OMNIUS...2:06.573
GOODWOLF...NO TIME SET


SPORT HARD TYRE

KOR_HELLRAZOR...2:04.994
HANCOCLC...2:06.067
CAPT.D...2:06.157
JIMFTR2...2:06.348
COBANI...2:06.565
SHOLESY...2:06.847
DOWLIN...2:06.882
GTP_JOYLORD...2:06.886
ADE3210...2:06.967
THIRD_REIGN...2:07.213
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:07.479
COBRIUS...2:08.097
JAMMYREX...2:08.819
GOODWOLF...2:09.142
GC255...2:09.357
HAPPSYLVIA...2:10.339
OMNIUS...2:10.679
​
 
Last edited:
Just went for a few laps in Rosen's lobby after seeing it open for practice. He was in there, although I think he was away from his PS3 as he didnt join me on the track. Managed a new PB of 2:02.928. Just a shame this doesn't count towards the practice times, as this would put me third on the table for the medium tyre. There will be the opportunity though, as there will be one last practice session on the eve of this weekends race. Saturday at 8.00pm is the last chance to shave a few more tenths off before Sunday's 1st race of S3.

Oh, sorry but Mrs Rosen came home. :)
 
... With all the positive feedback on her maiden year ...
... The Sunday Cup matured to become better, faster and even more exciting ...
... With drivers from different nations gunning for glory, some would rise where others would fall ...


Sunday Cup: Season 2 highlights in pictures.
SC2_Race1_02.jpg


SC2_Race1_06.jpg


SC2_Race1_13.jpg


SC2_Race2_02.jpg


SC2_Race2_06.jpg


SC2_Race2_05.jpg


SC2_Race3_03.jpg


SC2_Race3_11.jpg


SC2_Race3_21.jpg


SC2_Race4_04.jpg


SC2_Race4_03.jpg


SC2_Race4_13.jpg


SC2_Race7-Practice02.jpg


... With our group of gentlemen racers tighter then ever ...
... Exposure exploded with more and more drivers acknowledging the high level of competitiveness ...
... But above all, sharing the love of driving Lotus cars ...


As our series has evolved, so have we and I am honored to be part of this special group of people.
Season 1 & 2 will be hard to match for me, but I will defend my title with pride.
I may be overtaking this year, but for all who are dreaming of this ...don't you dare scratch my gorgeous Evora!
:)

SC3-Preseason-CapeRing-004_zpsfa856091.jpg


Evora Evolution
'Roadcar to Racecar'
|Starting this Sunday|
 
Fantastic recap Cobani. Its really great to look back and remember all the action captured in your photo's. Roll on Sunday, and it will all start again.👍👍👍




SC3-Preseason-CapeRing-004_zpsfa856091.jpg


Evora Evolution
'Roadcar to Racecar'
|Starting this Sunday|

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO.
 
I'm honoured as I'm in one of those pics, nice work Bo.

Sorry John here! forgot my brother was still logged in.
 
Yeah I agree Dan. Its great to look back at what we have done already. I really feel that S3 Evora Evolution is The Sunday Cups coming of age series.



title_zps473ce610.png



race1_zps24e58640.png


NEXTRACE-2_zps02b61b4a.png


STARTINGSPEC.png


timetablesc3_zps1a40c47f.png


img.php
 
376334_442522715813366_1613417754_n.png


Nice of Lotus to like my photo of my Sunday Cup Evora! Not to mention all these 'strangers' :)

This is what I posted on the Lotus Cars FB page :D

SC3Podium2.png
 
Last edited:
Back