The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
  • 450,896 views
T500rs. Tried the good old switching off and on again which didn't work. Now I've took it apart its working again. Trouble is if it goes again mid race I'm screwed!

Fingers crossed it doesnt :nervous::scared:
 
T500rs. Tried the good old switching off and on again which didn't work. Now I've took it apart its working again. Trouble is if it goes again mid race I'm screwed!
Have a controller on standby, you can quickly unplug the wheel and the pad will have control straight away. You could just do it on a straight. :P
 
Have a controller on standby, you can quickly unplug the wheel and the pad will have control straight away. You could just do it on a straight. :P

I'm awful with the pad, I will config some buttons on the wheel just in case!

My old dfgt was more reliable than this and half the price!
 
Onepiece on. Check!

Driving socks on. Check!

I'm ready for season 3.
 
Onepiece on. Check!

Driving socks on. Check!

I'm ready for season 3.

Damn, I was gonna buy a onesie today just for racing. I wanted one in a racing suit style, but my mrs said "Adrian, you will look like a right t%@*". I knew I shouldnt have listened to her.
 
Damn, I was gonna buy a onesie today just for racing. I wanted one in a racing suit style, but my mrs said "Adrian, you will look like a right t%@*". I knew I shouldnt have listened to her.

Mrs Rosen doesn't see me in my cave. :)
 
Damn, I was gonna buy a onesie today just for racing. I wanted one in a racing suit style, but my mrs said "Adrian, you will look like a right t%@*". I knew I shouldnt have listened to her.

I've got a leopard print one going spare :lol:
 
My car wasn't ready to start the race. Oh man. :(

Good luck to all and I hope I'll be able to join the next race.
 
Fun...disconnected...I wonder why it happens so often to me recently...
 
STEWARDS ENQUIRY :

I thought when it said 7 laps on the option tyre it mean't you had to do 7 laps??? Not pit at the end of lap 6???

I might be wrong, but check the replay, I'm sure there were cars in the pits...
 
Sunday Cup race #1 done. Lets spare a thought for Goodwolf, who tried so hard to get into the lobby, but the WWW, wasnt having it. Third reign also suffering a mechanical breakdown. The racing was hard, and I would have finished higher if not for a distraction, that meant I had to leave my seat for a minute. But this post is for for the first 3. Well done to Dan, Cobani and Capt_D for their respective positions. Champagne time for you guys...👍👍👍

POD1_zpsd18bd75a.png
 
Thanks ade!

Congrats to the podium finishers!
 
Cheers Ade, Goodwolf :cheers: Congrats to Gary and Bo for their podium places. I got off to a bit of shaky start but after a few laps got settled in and had a really good run. 1st SC3 was MEGA!!!! 👍
 
What a fantastic race! Congrats to the podium positions, and all who made it such a fun race.

I'm really sorry Omnius that my mistake clipping the grass with my right rear wheel on lap two caused me to lose control and for you to crash into me. Was shaping up for a good battle there.

I managed to recover quite well from the spin and worked my way into 7th place at one point, and had a great race battle with GC255 for a while and then jimftr from laps 18 to 25, that was awesome, with lots of passing and re-passing as he was on newer hards and me on worn mediums. A shame that a touch on the start finish straight before the braking point on lap 25 caused me to lose control and end up in the gravel. My tyres were not in a fit state for a compromised line/braking point at at that time.

Anyway, I'm pleased to finish 9th,even though I probably should have been 8th at the very least before my gravel trap moment put paid to that.

Thanks Ade for making this race possible, and looking forward to the next one.
 
jammyrex
.....and had a great race battle with GC255 for a while and then jimftr from laps 18 to 25....

You made me work for it 👍
And jimftr gave me someone to aim for in the latter stages, until I took advantage of Ades distraction. I hope I didn't do anything wrong there.
If all your races are this great, I may have to book some holidays on Sundays for a while :sly:
Great racing tonight, cograts Dan, Cobani & Gary on your podiums.
 
CTR Driver
You made me work for it 👍
And jimftr gave me someone to aim for in the latter stages,

Yeah I really enjoyed our battle, then found a way past eventually and then battled with Jim for about 7 laps, and all the time we were taking time out of each other I could see you reeling us back in again! Then you would have seen a cloud of dust with me in the gravel trap!

Hopefully you can join us for some more races, think we could have some close battles!
 
What felt like a consitant start went off with a bang...lost all my flow after a collision on lap 2, then the tyre strategy went down the pan, so much for starting on hard tyres!

Looking at how the race went, I'm pretty sure I'll only gain points when other drivers can't make it. I just can't seem to set a car up within GT's limitations to cater for 2 different tyre choices, so I'm guessing all my points this season will come from finishing in last place :crazy:

I wouldn't care, apart from the final chicane, I've become quite used to GVR, just clearly not fast enough for this series
 
jammyrex
Hopefully you can join us for some more races, think we could have some close battles!

I'm on board for Twin Ring Motegi East 👍.
So, be seeing you :sly:

OmniusGT
Looking at how the race went, I'm pretty sure I'll only gain points when other drivers can't make it.......
.....so I'm guessing all my points this season will come from finishing in last place :crazy:......

......just clearly not fast enough for this series

I was worried I'd be well off the pace based on the practice session lap times.
It looked like you didn't really cut a break in the race but I'm sure you and I will become a lot better acquainted in future races 👍 I think I had a case ofbeginners luck this time round.
 
I'm on board for Twin Ring Motegi East 👍.
So, be seeing you :sly:



I was worried I'd be well off the pace based on the practice session lap times.
It looked like you didn't really cut a break in the race but I'm sure you and I will become a lot better acquainted in future races 👍 I think I had a case ofbeginners luck this time round.

I'm struggling with the tyre regs on this car to be honest :scared:
 
Great race! I started on hard tyres and watched the leaders quickly disappear on their mediums. After pitting I managed a steady pace while others were struggling with tyres and pitting I eventually got to third place with Bo right in front of me, For four laps we had a great battle to the line, me on worn mediums and Bo on hard tyres, third being the result for me. Fantastic racing!

Well done to Dan for his win and Bo's second. :cheers:
 
I just can't seem to set a car up within GT's limitations to cater for 2 different tyre choices.

I wouldn't care, apart from the final chicane, just clearly not fast enough for this series.

I'm struggling with the tyre regs on this car to be honest :scared:

I don't try to make a setup for each compound.. Just make the car work on the softer tyre as that is the one you will spend the most time running on. 👍

About being fast enough.. Practice makes perfect ;)

Well done to Dan for his win and Bo's second. :cheers:

Cheers Gary :cheers:

Edit,

I watched back some of the replay.. Really enjoyed watching the battle between Bo and Gary for 2nd.. Adam was so close at one point, I thought he was gonna fly past while you two were battling.. Well done to you both for making the one stop work. 👍
 
Last edited:
GrandValleySpeedway_zps675aef1d.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_1_zps9f97c05c.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_3_zpsa1623d19.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_4_zps501c98f2.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_6_zpsf7ad027b.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_8_zps9462876e.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_11_zps38c28c4d.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_12_zps29f88abe.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_13_zpsbd959b97.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_14_zps07a5029d.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_15_zpsa2a36b65.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_16_zps670d5790.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_17_zps893500e9.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_19_zps5bbacdc3.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_20_zpscdc84ff2.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_21_zps9adc8225.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_22_zpsd4e45c35.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_24_zps1004f97c.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_26_zps72d08455.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_28_zpsc509bc36.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_30_zpsab010ed4.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_31_zpsd0e931eb.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_32_zps5e39f2ee.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_33_zps170dbbe3.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_34_zpsb93236c9.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_35_zps14e75597.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_36_zpsa8e9623e.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_37_zpsd39b0358.jpg
GrandValleySpeedway_38_zpsb595fb0e.jpg

Mine and Ades photo finish
GrandValleySpeedway_39_zpsd58feac6.jpg

Damn you Jammy, why must you be so photogenic :sly:
 
Last edited:
Nice work with the pics.. 👍 I'm looking forward to seeing what Cobani comes up with :)

Did a few laps at Motegi earlier.. Car feels amazing there, the chicaine in T1 and then the fast left right in T2... Niiiiice :D
 
Very cool GC!

Funny to see that some shots are very familiar (did some shots too yesterday ) It takes some time to make those shots in GT and to see a race though somebody else's eyes it always worth while! 👍
 
Nice work with the pics.. 👍 I'm looking forward to seeing what Cobani comes up with :)

Very cool GC!

Funny to see that some shots are very familiar (did some shots too yesterday ) It takes some time to make those shots in GT and to see a race though somebody else's eyes it always worth while! 👍

Thanks for the praise guys. 👍
The whole photographing process takes longer than the race itself!:crazy: If only one person likes the results then I consider it a worthwhile exercise.
 
Great pictures Gary.👍 I am pleased you enjoyed your 1st Sunday Cup event. What a race we had. I have had a quick view of the replay to gather the information required for the table. I investigated the pitstops that Omnius requested I look at. The drivers were myself and Capt D, and the pitstops were made at the end of lap 7.

I am not sure what happened to the grid, but for some reason Dowlin started at the back, after qualifying much higher.

My race strategy was to start on the hard tyre, and try to go for 8 laps, leaving me 2 stints of 10 on the medium. That changed when I saw Capt_D pit after 7, and I followed him in. Those laps on the hard saw me close behind Capt, and a battle with HappySylvia, who was on the mediums. After the pit I managed to match Capts pace for a while, but he slowly opened a gap. I made my second stop, with 10 to go, and was doing really well, managing to get past Dowlin, and pull a gap, holding onto 5th place until lap 27 when disaster struck. With a persistent neighbour banging on the door, and Mrs 3210 in the bath, I had no choice but to leave my seat and answer the door. The neighbour got short shrift and the door closed, but this cost me 40 seconds and 3 places. BAH!!!!!! When I rejoined the last lap and a half was spent catching GC255, and he pipped me to the line by a couple of hundredths of a second. Great first race everyone, thank you.👍👍👍

Goodwolf and Third_Reign will both receive some consolation disconnection points for their efforts.


GRID1_zpsc02d6914.png


RESULT1_zps1bf98047.png


STANDINGS1_zps11347e16.png


RACE2-2_zps8d0b2841.png


NEXTRACE-2_zpsf5af33c3.png
 
Last edited:
First of all ade thanks for letting me join this series, what a great race to start the season off!

Well my race didn't quite go to plan, i did my best at the start to keep in Dan's draft and managed stick with him for around 6 laps but I was just losing to much time on the mid section. I did manage to break away from cobani though before following Dan into pits on lap 11. It didn't occur to me that some of you would be 1 stopping, but i soon realised and thats when things started to get interesting. Cobani had a 25+ sec lead but with his worn tyres I slowly closed in on him until i was only a few secs behind him when we pitted for the hard tyres. It took me a little longer to get used to the tyres and I lost a bit of time, then out of nowhere Cpt.D comes flying past me:eek: With about 3 laps to go Cpt.D closed down on Cobani and I managed to join in the mix. While they were battling it out I tried to make a move but ended up a bit sideways losing any hope of getting a podium.:grumpy:

Ade I think you got the laps spot on making 1stop vs 2stop a very close call. Cobani on 1stop, Cpt.D on 1 stop but started on hards and me on 2stop and only a second between the 3 of us... Epic! Can't wait until next one:tup:
 
CTR Driver
Damn you Jammy, why must you be so photogenic?:sly:

Ooh she does look good in photos eh! ;-) what a beaut!

Great pictures there, really enjoyed looking through those and getting to see the race all over again from someone else's perspective :-)
 
Back