The Tennis Thread!

• Thread starter Danny
  • 102 comments
I think this sums it up nicely.
Courtesy of Alex of the Daily Telegraph.
0207-MATT-PORTAL_1936034a.jpg

If he doesn't retire until he's 66, he's still got 42 more years to win

*epic thread bump*

Why yes, I do play tennis. And I try to watch as much as I can as well.
But I've really been playing for a year or so and I'm quite an amateur, but always in a pursuit to improve :D

Does anyone here at GTP like tennis?

I play tennis quite a lot. I have a good forehand but my backhand is innaccurate.

Can anyone offer help or advice?

Slightly off-topic, but I like table tennis. Normal tennis isn't bad too.

Best serve in table tennis history:

Djovokic meanwhile loves it. 8 games in a row against Nadal on clay! Nadal had a right rant at the ref before they went off. Good comeback from Djokovic so far, prefer him to edge it over Nadal again.

Wimbledon pretty much done, another year gone, Federer gets his title back, and those who thought Murray would amount to nothing, must be somewhat bemused.

All this tennis is making me want to get the racquet out and go knock some balls around.
Tennis, anyone? ;)

Summer weather has returned to Ontario, and people are starting to knock balls around the courts.
Tennis, anyone?

Meanwhile - right now, even as I fly in to give you racquet-heads a heads-up, quite a racket being made by Bouchard and Sharapova; Genie is rubbing Maria up the wrong way at the Women's Semi-Finals of the French Open.

Fifth Grand Slam for Maria.

Brutal, beautiful match - this beats Peter T's Swan Lake any day. Absolutely spectacular battle, pretty intense for over three hours. Have to feel sorry for Halep - played so well, came all the way to this moment and couldn't grab the title; I think she was weeping under that towel - gave it her all, but Maria . . . woo . . . always looks like she is worried or stressed, and yet places those shots with almost imperceptible contempt. As if saying - don't mess with a vet.
Great match.

And a great warm up to Wimbledon this year.

Pardon the gravedig, but this is pretty amazing... :eek:

Andy Murray, still recovering after years of injury and hip replacement surgery, fights back from 2 sets and a break down in the 3rd to sensationally win his match yesterday in the Australian Open.

What's even crazier is that this clip was around midnight, but the game didn't finish until after 4am...

Latest Posts

Back