The Tennis Thread!

• Thread starter Danny
  • 102 comments
Soderling just took down Nadal in four sets!!!
Spectacular from Soderling
I just can't pass up a chance to post this clip.

Thats bloody brilliant. Especially Michael Chang :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, very impressive win from Soderling. My favourite player is 'Rafa'. I was extremely surprised to hear he lost after a 32 match winning streak at Roland Garros!

Murray now has a very good chance of reaching the final without Rafa on his side of the draw :D

Since Söderling will probably not make it to the final, I'm hoping Federer to win his first french title. He's the greatest player ever together with Borg IMO, although it was close he lost against Haas earlier today.

Damn Gonzalez for being do good :(
Fedforce won against haas and is beating Monfils just now
Soderling won in staright sets against Davydenko :embarrassed:
Soderling against Gonzalez in semis... I reckon the Chilean will win
I reckon a Gonzalez vs Fedforce Final
Should be good :D

Some final here at Wimbledon - 5 sets, 10-10 in the 5th and Roddick hasn't lost a service game in the entire match. Shame that if he does, he'll lose the Championship!

Some folks in the crowd: David Coulthard, Woody Allen, Henry Kissinger, Russell Crowe, Sir Alex Ferguson, Sir Trevor MacDonald, Pete Sampras, Rod Laver and Bjorn Borg!

edit: 13-13 now. So this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object :boggled:

Last edited:
Gutted for Roddick - I think he was the better player on the day, but Federer's stamina won the day in the end. Federer is a legend, however, and he deserves the win too. Strangely subdued performance from him, though... I wonder if anyone has ever won a Grand Slam final by only breaking their opponent's serve once?

These guys actually played more games in the final set today (30) than in Federer's entire 2nd Round match against Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (24) :eek: and played more games today (77) than in Federer's QF and SF combined (68). Unreal!

Roddick really put up a fight, he certainly upped his game at Wimbledon this year, and I'm really sad to see him lose. He played fantastically to keep Federer out, not losing serve until the last game of the match unfortunately, and putting on a superb contest for all to see.

Hope he wins Wimbledon soon, he deserves it on this year's perfomance to be honest. 👍

What an amazing match! I think this years final was even better than last year. I would have liked to see Roddick win after all the times he's been beaten by Federer. Now Federer has his record it'd be nice to see some more final's like this instead of Federer completely dominating Wimbledon year after year.

What an amazing match! I think this years final was even better than last year. I would have liked to see Roddick win after all the times he's been beaten by Federer. Now Federer has his record it'd be nice to see some more final's like this instead of Federer completely dominating Wimbledon year after year.

Roddick comes across as a really likeable guy, would be good to see him win it soon, especially if he keeps beating Murray on the way. ;)

This year's final was much more of an effort contest, but it didn't see as many break points and big shots. Last year provided much more of that, I think that both were fantastic to watch, but I personally believe last years' was ever so slightly better.

Federer is unreal though. That guy is sick on grass.

Touring Mars

I wonder if anyone has ever won a Grand Slam final by only breaking their opponent's serve once?

I do believe Sampras' last US Open final (coincidently last match) against Agassi was four tie breakers... not once in the match was anyones serve broken...

I watched the first two sets and was very impressed with how Roddick was playing. Great comeback by Fed in the 2nd set tiebreak, 6-2 down and he came back to win it! Incredible, I wish I could stay up to watch the whole match, but 12:30am was all I could stay up to. I wanted to see Roddick win, but it's nice to see Federer get the most grand slams record.;)

I am glad roddick has made a mini come back

I am very happy to see Federer back in top place instead of Nadal (I don't like him)

Roddick only lost that second set tie break because of a few facepalm worthy accidents

Andy Murray is out.. Federer going strong as is Nadal..

Shaping upto be another interesting last few days!

A 20 year old beating the almost unbeatable Federer in America, how about that?

Great match! For sure Del Potro is a force to be reckoned with in the future. His forehand is amazing, and I love the way he throws himself into his hip stand when preparing for the return, badass. Meanwhile, Kim Clijsters made an evenly amazing comeback by beating pretty much every top 10 player. Keep a close eye on Oudin as well, that girl's only 17! :eek:

Oh puh-lease... Murray is out of Wimbledon and the BBC fade out with "Your Time Will Come" :yuck: And don't you just hate Rafael Nadal? Not only is he the best in the world, but he's such a bloody nice bloke!

This is when Britain's Andy Murray becomes Scotland's Andy Murray again....

[/bitter Scotsman]

:D

This is when Britain's Andy Murray becomes Scotland's Andy Murray again....

[/bitter Scotsman]

:D

Again Murray dissapoints...
:lol:
Both Fed and Nadal looked in top form. I don't think either of them has dropped a set yet? I could be wrong of course. The teacher was floating about when I was looking so I had to close the windo pretty quickly :P

Oh. My. Word.
Djokovic beat Federer last night in 5 sets.
Fed has lost his game. Big time!

So much negativity around. It's easy to criticse when you've never played a tennis match and lying in bed hungover. Andy murray played a grand slam final, what have you done today?

So much negativity around. It's easy to criticse when you've never played a tennis match and lying in bed hungover. Andy murray played a grand slam final, what have you done today?
Got laid and drove back from Aberysywyth.

Murray had a dominating run to the final, but then got destroyed in the final against a player not known for being considerably better. It's the classic disappointment in British tennis, and while UK tennis continues to be shown strongly on TV and receive large amounts of funding you have to wonder if it's all worth it if this is the best we can expect.

And lets not forget how poor the rest of the British singles players are.

Novak Djokovic is playing insanely well right now, I really became a believer after that straight-set win against Rafa last week in the Madrid final. 35-0 now this year. How long can his win streak stay alive?

Latest Posts

Back