The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,206 comments
It's a racing game (sim), if we were supposed win every time it would be called a winning game.
Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

It's a racing game (sim), if we were supposed win every time it would be called a winning game.
You miss the point dear boy, 1 spin should not end an endurance race. You should have ample opportunity to get back into it. Granted, it might just be my ability but I just felt the differential between the easiest level and medium was vast. My GT3 (toned down to keep it in the PP) barely kept up with the last few cars.

A bit annoying there’s no choice for selecting model year in Arcade Racing. PD program such choices for events, but players don’t have that choice when selecting race set up.
I f players don’t have certain cars, would be nice to limit the field to the same era as the user car.
They should have given more filters to select the AI cars for Custom Races at least, set random opponents but then give it rules like pre-1980 year and post 1969 year, max BHP etc. That would make for some interesting combinations without having to own the specific cars you want to use, which is a good feature, but the grinding required to obtain the cars you'd need to make some grids is obscene.

Last edited:
They should have given more filters to select the AI cars for Custom Races at least, set random opponents but then give it rules like pre-1980 year and post 1969 year, max BHP etc. That would make for some interesting combinations without having to own the specific cars you want to use, which is a good feature, but the grinding required to obtain the cars you'd need to make some grids is obscene.
Exactly. I can understand the underlying big picture reason for why players must acquire cars. However, even with the bread & butter Gr.3 set up, players can’t filter VGT cars. Same with Gr.1. Also, filtering by drivetrain in Gr.4.

it is interesting to have data about the tracks you've raced on. How many laps you've done, how much mileage and so on.
I asked these exact same questions to a guy in the LCD thread about not wanting to buy a car because it had too much mileage on it.

How do you use these numbers and statistics in a meaningful way to enhance your gaming experience? How does the number of miles you drive on a specific car (track in this case) impact and improve your game play?

I’m annoyed that I can’t use the stereo headunit in cars that have them to control my PS5 Spotify app. When I skip a song, change the station/playlist or turn up the volume I want to see the driver fiddling with the stereo when using the in car view. I won’t be completely happy with this game until that gets implemented.

How do you use these numbers and statistics in a meaningful way to enhance your gaming experience? How does the number of miles you drive on a specific car (track in this case) impact and improve your game play?
The issue with mileage is that you don't know how much you've driven said car if it has mileage when you buy it. It does not change it performances whatsoever, but you can't know how many miles you've done yourself, and if you sort your garage per miles driven, it is all mixed up with the UCD and LCD cars.

You may don't care about this, it does not prevent others to care. All is not about "improving your gameplay".

Last edited:
I asked these exact same questions to a guy in the LCD thread about not wanting to buy a car because it had too much mileage on it.

It doesn't need to. It can simply be a cool statistic that's interesting to look at for some people, and I'm 99% sure these stats are tracked by PD anyway.

The issue with mileage is that you don't know how much you've driven said car if it has mileage when you buy it. It does not change it performances whatsoever, but you can't know how many miles you've done yourself, and if you sort your garage per miles driven, it is all mixed up with the UCD and LCD cars.

You may don't care about this, it does not prevent others to care. All is not about "improving your gameplay".
Okay, so what you are saying is that when you sort the cars in your garage by "miles driven" (I've never needed to sort by this statistic) the cars are actually sorted by the miles on the odometer and not by the actual miles you have driven? Well, that's a naming error on PD's part and I can understand people wanting that to be fixed. But needing to know how many miles you have driven on the car vs. how many came on it when you bought it is a statistic one would want to know for what reason?

But needing to know how many miles you have driven on the car vs. how many came on it when you bought it is a statistic one would want to know for what reason?
I would guess for personal interest and enjoyment. Some people care about a car's color, some for horsepower, drivetrain and all the usual stats and others care for mileage. I could get behind this idea as a track mileage tells yor personal history with the car. I remember GTS even kept stats on the number of races and wins of each car.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity…with the exception of cars bought from Brand Central and Gift cars, all other cars come with some mileage on them, and it varies, often times greatly. How are you keeping track of the miles you have put on those cars from UCD and LCD vs. the mileage that was already there when you bought them? Are you updating a spreadsheet every time you drive these cars gotten from UCD and LCD?
I don’t personally care how many miles are on any of my cars as it’s way too much to keep track of for me, but I understand why it’s meaningful to others.
In fact, I use the “Retry” exploit after all races to wipe out the mileage I put on them during that race simply to avoid having to change the oil and eventually rebuild or replace the engines.

In my experience, it feels like there's not much reason to buy parts for cars - including the installation of engine swaps and/or special parts - when seemingly 95% of Sport Mode events either don't permit tuning or allow you to rent a car that's perfectly fine. If anything, it feels like tuning a car best benefits something you'd do outside of Sport Mode, like a mission, or a race in World Circuits. Heck, I don't even know if there's much reason to collect cars beyond filling out the entries for them, seeing how you can both rent cars, and most of the time, that car won't be eligible for anything in Sport Mode, anyway.

I mean, I sort of get it. I could see it being very frustrating to not have rentals like at launch, but even then, I don't think that'd change the lack of diverse regulations, such as those permitting more than one model. I also get that Sport Mode is meant to be a competition of driver skill, rather than simply having enough credits to buy cars and parts, plus having the potential luck for an engine swap or special part that could be useful. I recall that one round of the 2022/2023 Nations Cup Exhibition Series Season 3, where we could rent any of the Nissan Z models, and some had different tire compounds installed. I didn't end up entering that round, but I'd love to see more regulations like that, even if we can't bring our own cars.

In my experience, it feels like there's not much reason to buy parts for cars - including the installation of engine swaps and/or special parts - when seemingly 95% of Sport Mode events either don't permit tuning or allow you to rent a car that's perfectly fine. If anything, it feels like tuning a car best benefits something you'd do outside of Sport Mode, like a mission, or a race in World Circuits. Heck, I don't even know if there's much reason to collect cars beyond filling out the entries for them, seeing how you can both rent cars, and most of the time, that car won't be eligible for anything in Sport Mode, anyway.

I mean, I sort of get it. I could see it being very frustrating to not have rentals like at launch, but even then, I don't think that'd change the lack of diverse regulations, such as those permitting more than one model. I also get that Sport Mode is meant to be a competition of driver skill, rather than simply having enough credits to buy cars and parts, plus having the potential luck for an engine swap or special part that could be useful. I recall that one round of the 2022/2023 Nations Cup Exhibition Series Season 3, where we could rent any of the Nissan Z models, and some had different tire compounds installed. I didn't end up entering that round, but I'd love to see more regulations like that, even if we can't bring our own cars.
Well, this is just specific to Sport Mode and not the main game itself. Buying cars and modifying them is basically a requirement to playing and completing the main game. You are correct in your Sport mode analysis though. Generally, you don't need to buy the car or do any tuning to it as almost every race is a BOP Gr.3 or Gr.4 car where you can choose any of them for free. If you spend all your time in Sport Mode then there is pretty much no reason to grind for credits, buy cars or do any tuning. Just complete the portion of the menus that unlocks Sport Mode and be on your way. If that's how you choose to play the game, that's fine.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times before but tonight was particularly frustrating. The way the A.I reacts to a blue flag... Just stay on your line FFS! It's almost like the A.I is more defensive under a blue flag. I get that blue flag or not, it's up to the passing car to pass safely but I had several instances of the A.I basically weaving across the track in a straight. I'm no marshal, but I believe that's called blocking. You get one move, ONE! Never mind the fact that you shouldn't be defending at all under a blue flag. /Rant

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times before but tonight was particularly frustrating. The way the A.I reacts to a blue flag... Just stay on your line FFS! It's almost like the A.I is more defensive under a blue flag. I get that blue flag or not, it's up to the passing car to pass safely but I had several instances of the A.I basically weaving across the track in a straight. I'm no marshal, but I believe that's called blocking. You get one move, ONE! Never mind the fact that you shouldn't be defending at all under a blue flag. /Rant

Yes, generally not end of the world, but in some instances blue flags seem to add an element of confusion/unpredictability as you don;t know if they're going to hold the usual line but go a bit slower, or start moving all over the place.

You seem to think that quoting a post from another thread somehow proves any kind of point whatsoever.

You should probably race with me sometime, I didn't get to 60K DR on GT Sport, & being matchmade in the top splits by always "being dirty"
I love how people like you try to talk in absolutes & right people off, because you've got nothing else going on in your mediocre, embarrassment of a life, so these forums mean so much to you.

I race fair & hard unless one of two conditions are met... Either you're doing dirty manoeuvres to me, in which case you deserve what you get.
Or you've chosen to cheese wins by using a nostop strategy.

Race C this week I haven't been to because it's Gr3 & I'd rather race the more exciting Deep Forest if I'm going to hop into GR3, even though it has its own issues.
But if I was in Race C, I wouldn't be punting people because from what I've read the no-stop is so overwhelmingly strong that literally everyone is doing it & stopping isn't an option. I don't really have an issue with that.

I specifically said in my original post the issue I have is when one stop is a viable option, yet you choose to no stop because it gives you a ~10 second advantage or whatever it might be.

In that situation you are choosing the cowards way out of racing. You're actively avoiding the adrenaline rush of good racing, in q competitive lobby, & choosing the low skill, path of least resistance way to win.

Nothing you say will ever change my viewpoint on this, & no amount of weak men that couldn't fight their way out of wet bag, crying to me & getting defensive about it, will ever alter what I think. No-stopping when a one stop is viable, is a cowards way of racing & is the antithesis of exciting racing, & if you're willing to ruin races by turning them into a borefest for everyone else just so you can feel good about your miserable life for 5 mins afterwards, then I'm willing to take the hit in SR to ruin that for you, & hopefully have someone that isn't a coward win the lobby.

It's simply a principle, if you don't like it then here's an idea.... Don't no-stop & ruin the game for others. The most enjoyable thing about this game is when there's 2-4 guys flat out, racing for the WIN in an adrenaline dump of a race, it's fantastic.
When the win is barely an option because someone no stops & is 10 -15 seconds up the road, it turns the race into a Sunday drive to the finish line & a boring second place.

& To all of the absolute clowns saying "don't be mad you're not smart enough" or "it takes skill to no stop"

Just stop it... There's nothing difficult at all about driving at 80% speed, short shifting & swapping to a different fuel map to cruise to an easy win. No stopping is not difficult at all, it's extremely low skill & admittance of absolute cowardice & fear of close racing.

Driving perfectly when you're at 80-90% speed, is far easier than driving perfectly at 100% flat out.

People who go for it, everytime, flat out are the ones that have respect, because it's a game & they're doing their part to make it fun for everyone. People who no stop to be quite honest could all die tomorrow & I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Don't bother replying to me on this anymore, I will not be reading or replying to any tiny d*** crying responses.
Okay, after going through so many big threads in the past few weeks, I think I found the GOAT post of this entire forum.

How logic and down to Earth are the car prices in Forza Motorsport 7 (main rival racing game in XBOX until FM8 will release) comparing the price frenzy and 'reality' Hagerty prices in GT7...

Last edited:

In addition to the current "total mileage" stat we have, a new "your mileage" stat would fix this entire problem. It is this missing stat and the lack of a "in your garage currently?" icon next to the collection book icon that prove how neglectful PD are with the user interface design in GT7.

It is this missing stat and the lack of a "in your garage currently?" icon next to the collection book icon that prove how neglectful PD are with the user interface design in GT7.
One of many poor design aspects of that game. Most of which were available in GT Sport. Just try to know your progression in circuit experience if you are a casual player like me who does not gold each CE one after the other (and even then, you have to remember which ones you have to do).

Latest Posts

Back