The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,201 comments
Why don't we have any low PP high payout races? We have lots of 70s, 80s and 90s sports cars in the 400-530 PP range. And yet, most (all?) low PP races are jokes with rewards in the 20k Cr range, usually no actual PP requirements, take place on the short layouts of given tracks, and are usually very short (2-3 laps).

Sure would be fun to drive these cars on the "big boy" tracks for 8-10 laps. Thrashing a 308 GTB, 930 Turbo, 911 2.7RS, 964 RS, C2 Corvette, Shelby Mustang, E30 M3 Evo, etc. The list goes on. Why is there such a glaring omission here? Why do only faster cars deserve bigger and longer payout events? It's dumb. (and yes we can create all the custom races we want, but their payouts, as per always, are embarrassing).

All offline Gr.3 and 4 events having absurd tyre and fuel wear. Why no events with those cars (and Gr.2 and 1!) with realistic wear (1/1 or 2, max 3)?
Couldn't agree more with this one; it takes the fun out racing. Le Mans, WT 700 (I think it's called), I spend more time watching my tyre wear, fuel and the weather than actually racing. Grinding that race for cash, they could at least make it a lot more fun. 30min race and you need to stop 2/3 times. Not part of your post but the weather thing is unbelievably annoying as well.

I completely get needing to watch for tyre/ fuel and the weather to manage a race but some form of AI pit wall to give suggestions would be 100% better than needing to do all that and watch the road at 250kph!

Last edited:
My list
1/ Not being able to go the next part of the circuit experience with out backing out through menu’s.
2/ Each track needs a tick sheet on front page. Rather than going into so many sub menu’s to see what I have left to complete.
3/ Roulette ticket system
4/ Engine swap system. ( Please let me buy them)
5/ Need one make races so loads more cars have a use. More different type of races in general.
6/ More championships.
7/ Micro-transactions being in a AAA game.

Thank you
6 - definitely big this one up. I'm still relatively new to the game but I've gone through and done all the first 38/39 Cafe Menus so I've done a bit of racing. I've bought the full fleet of Astons (swooon) and love racing my GT3 V12 Vantage but....there are like 2 races I consistently grind for cash. I've fallen in love with the enduro racing side but 30mins at Le Mans and 1hr at Spa, stand alone races (2 different categories as well) - just a bit boring after repeatedly doing that as it's the only decent bunce. (also saw a post on poor payouts).

I'd love to see an Endurance Championship with 5/6 events at least 1hr a pop mixing it up with day/ night time changes (my goodness Spa changing from night to dawn is spectacular with the Forest haze falling over the circuit!).

Last edited:
i hate how the AI's main objective is to be on whatever your racing line is, not racing their own race.. so many last minute moves just to be in front of me at turn in, or the apex.. & then brake to half the speed the normally do.
ive taken some massively weird lines into some corners & its hilarious to watch the AI try to recalculate to block me, they tend to spin themselves out quite a bit. 🤣
I'm glad this is being raised by someone else (that I've seen, probably loads people have)! It's madness. When lapping AI, they seem to get out the way, off the racing line when getting blue flagged.....then slam into the back of me at corners, or tap my backside so spin. Infuriating when, 45minutes in Spa WT800 you're lapping some completely pointless car driving 50kph in the driving rain (on a fresh set of RHs), clean overtake him into a corner, (on appropriate Wets) only to have him brake late, up your inside and slam you into the barrier or gravel.

That was a glitch that was fixed , plus he said he was getting hit by the AI during turns not exiting the pits. I hear this alot , if the AI is tapping you on turns , you just suck at driving . The reason the AI is slow in GT is because they stop too early. Logically that means you are stopping too early if the early stopping ai is hitting you from behind. I heard this same critique of drive club , never had an issue .
If anything I hate how early the AI stops making ME rear end them . A good example is the first turn at trail mountain , you can take it with just a bit of lift off; The AI hit the brakes...
I don't think this reflects badly on the driving, or to assume the driver "sucks" is poor form. I myself have been spun out by AI MANY times, simply overtaking/ lapping due to shoddy driving on the AIs part. I like to think I'm a competent driver, usually getting the anchors down in good time for a corner - the fact the AI dawdle around a corner is the issue. The AI braking slowly, your point there however is a good one. Eau Rouge at Spa is flat out, sometimes a bit of a lift if you get out of shape. The amount of times I've rear ended an AI in the WT800 race, usually a fair way into it, forgetting they brake halfway up it is hilarious and frustrating in equal measures. I'm still yet to have a proper clean race there (I have no idea how I get the clean race bonus at the end of it each time).

Last edited:
Having to set the fuel map in a race on the fly, I would prefer have Fuel Map, Brake Balance & TCS also added to the car settings sheet so that they are default for that car setup, you would still the same access in a race, if you did need to adjust them.

In VR with the minimum HUD would like to be able to zoom in or out on the map similar to the weather radar.

Having to set the fuel map in a race on the fly, I would prefer have Fuel Map, Brake Balance & TCS also added to the car settings sheet so that they are default for that car setup, you would still the same access in a race, if you did need to adjust them.

In VR with the minimum HUD would like to be able to zoom in or out on the map similar to the weather radar.
I'm on the fence about the new VR set, you got the VR2 from PS? if so, verdict? I've read bits and pieces and it seems like a winner.

I'm on the fence about the new VR set, you got the VR2 from PS? if so, verdict? I've read bits and pieces and it seems like a winner.
To give my input, in my opinion its a winner, its priceless to go to garage select a car i´ve driven in GT for years and be able to stare to the cars just like they are in same physical area, the sense or presence and the fidelity of all fine details, be able to look to all the aerodinamic lines, air ducts, the lights/materials its just amazing.
Likewise to the interiors when racing it have amazing detail inside the cockpit, you feel your drinving a diferent car which in 2D doesnt translate so well, in VR its like playing a diferent game really, outside the car its a little bit more blurry but its adds so much immersion and visual details that you just dont notice in 2D, flames,sparks, the light, the sense of scale and so on.
You need to know you may get sick at start and for some people it needs time to get used to, and also its key to find the sweet spot so image dont lose definition.

If you really enjoy racing and GT and if you put many hours on the normal version VR will elevate the experience, its just pure immersion, the HUD still misses some delta like the gaps to others drivers, and cant be able to see whos piting when we are on track, but maybe they patch it later, but just like it is i´m sold.

It´s a no brainer if people have the possibilitie, if its just for curiosity dont know if it worth cause its costly.
I think its just a personal thing, i knew from the start if VR in GT supported all game content i had to give it a go if all the feedback was positive and it was so i got it and ím having a blast.

It makes no sense that these layouts are not available to us.
  • Suzuka West
  • GP and National Circuit + Nissan Turn
  • Bugatti Circuit
  • Nurburgring GP + Yokohama S + NGK Chicane

SuzukaWest2009.png
Catalunya-Nat91.png
Le-Mans-Bugatti-15.png
Nurburgring-GP-NoArena-03 (1).png

Last edited:
It makes no sense that these layouts are not available to us.
  • Suzuka West
  • GP and National Circuit + Nissan Turn
  • Bugatti Circuit
  • Nurburgring GP + Yokohama S + NGK Chicane
Most of the tracks I agree, since they already exist in the game, just a matter of creating new AI lines, Barriers, but the Bugatti Circuit, for what we know may not be a complete circuit, since we only see the portions that connect to the main circuit. Tskuba Circuit also has a short layout.

Most of the tracks I agree, since they already exist in the game, just a matter of creating new AI lines, Barriers, but the Bugatti Circuit, for what we know may not be a complete circuit, since we only see the portions that connect to the main circuit. Tskuba Circuit also has a short layout.
Well, I think the job is already half done. The Bugatti Circuit would be a great addition to the track roster because of its uniqueness, as opposed to most permanent circuits in the game. It third sector very narrow, maybe like the Brands Hatch, and would require a lot of skill in Sport Mode, in addition to having an adequate length for Gr.4 and street cars.

Last edited:
Well, I think the job is already half done. The Bugatti Circuit would be a great addition to the track roster because of its uniqueness, as opposed to most permanent circuits in the game. It third sector very narrow, maybe like the Brands Hatch, and would require a lot of skill in Sport Mode, in addition to having an adequate length for Gr.4 and street cars.
I think some of these already exist in the game, for example Nurburgring GP Short layout, but for some reason PD hasn't released them, maybe because of some license issue.
I would like Bugatti, but then it becomes almost the same effort to creating it as a new one. Add Bugatti, Donnington & Brno and you would have full track list from Test Drive Le Mans 24 Hours game from 2000.

Nurburgring GP Short layout

ice_screenshot_20220718-172500.png

.. ridiculousy minor scuffs or taps that take away the clean race bonus!

NW.
I would just like to see consistency with the CRB. It doesnt make sense that you lose your CRB for looking at a car wrong at Tokyo but you can smash your way through Sardegna, Le Mans or Spa with the CRB intact. Then again, you lose your CRB for passing on a yellow, even though that isn't causing any damage or hurting any other driver out in the field. Give a time penalty for the infraction. That makes sense. The CRB should still stay intact. It doesnt make sense that different races carry different rules for the CRB.

I still find it hilarious that as a celebration for 25 DAMN YEARS of the series all we got were improved online payouts for a week
I also got :
  • Red Bull X2019 Competition car with a special 25th Anniversary livery
  • Ferrari VGT
  • Free 6 stars ticker (which got me 1M Cr)
  • Free Engine swap
and various bonuses I've forgot.

One thing that annoys me is markings on original circuits! When you do a reverse version the grid boxes are only for that direction! There are no grid boxes in the opposite direction for the normal circuit! Also on Sardegna when you look at the lines on the road that demarcate the different layouts, they change depending on what layout you are using!! I know it’s minor and has no bearing on the game but it still annoys me!!

Last edited:
It’s annoying to not have all the GT500 and GT300 cars from the history of Gran Turismo. GT Sport could easily have been a sole Super GT and Super Formula game, like ACC have GT3 & GT4.
Polyphony-Kaz and Super GT are seriously wrong for not signing a contract with each other. Both lose out. Japanese motorsports lose out. The popularity of the GT franchise and the sporting potential of the Super GT, joining forces, would make both businesses grow even further.

Honestly, I don't know what Sony-PD and Super GT are waiting for. I could be wrong, but if I were Jim Ryan, Playstation would be the main sponsor and naming rights for the Super GT category. If I were Super GT's manager, I would accept without absurd financial demands. I'm sure this would boost the popularity of the Super GT worldwide, as well Japanese motorsport enad car culture of Japan. I assume that Super Formula already has some agreement rehearsed, but it still seems timid to me, because it needs to translate into more content, especially in older cars and with more circuits.

Practical effects for game users, I think Sugo, Motegi, Okayama and Tokachi could be easier to add, as well as Sepang and Chang who, according to the news, are wanting to make up the Super GT calendar.

It will be traumatic for the GT franchise, and for us, if any simrace producer signs an exclusive deal with Super GT.

Last edited:
Would love some more variety in PP limits - why does it (almost) always need to be rounded to the nearest 50 resulting in the same few cars being used when we could have some with 580, 615, 775 PP, not to mention high paying lower PP races as mentioned.

• Not being able to edit GTS ported helmet and race suit liveries.
  • When driving onboard in several cars, the reflection of your helmet in the windshield is an unedited helmet with the ugly Gran Turismo logo.
  • The stupid AI during rainy races, driving on Granny Turismo mode.
  • The pitstop animations. Mechanics using a modern wheel gun on my classic RA272 wheels.
  • Another pitstop thing: why am I looking at my pitcrew waiting for me to lock in for 32 seconds (Sarthe), instead of my car rolling up to my pit?
  • more pitstop annoyance: pneumatic jacks on classic cars? Got 2 shooting out my arse in an RA272. 🤔

Endurance Race at Le Mans;
Le Mans is the most famous endurance motor race in the world. So why in GT7 is it a 30min dash whereby 1 wrong decision on tyres, or a spin can mean you waste an entire 30mins of your life

Also, why in the Gods name do we forever have to start at the back of the grid. Why is there not at least an option for a 5min Qualy or something once you’ve completed the game??

I’m trying to step up to the next level in terms of difficulty. The front AI cars disappear 40 secs up the road whilst I’m ducking and weaving out the way of irratic AI in the mid-field. So. Annoying.

Back