The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,206 comments
One of those little things that I hate in GT7 that PD has forgotten from past GT's.

GT7 Tire Change-1200.jpg

In GT6 if you enter the event, but had the wrong tires fitted, it would automatically fit the appropriate tire.

GT6 Tire Change-1200.jpg

One of those little things that I hate in GT7 that PD has forgotten from past GT's.

View attachment 1243430

In GT6 if you enter the event, but had the wrong tires fitted, it would automatically fit the appropriate tire.

View attachment 1243431
Alternatively, since the "Car Settings" option is right there, you'd think PD would just grey out "Enter" until we change to the right tires on that screen instead of making us go all the way back to the garage...

Last edited:
One thing annoying me today, and not a little bit, was the weather at Sarthe 700. Tons of rain, which is manageable, but the stupid radar and time in the pitlane is annoying. Before entering the pitlane the radar shows lots of torrential rain coming very soon. I switch to full wets and by the time I exit the pit, the radar has updated and torrential rain looks to be just a small lime and clearing in seconds.
If we could keep the radar on during the 40 second pitstop and adjust tyre choice or change during the cutscene, we could actually choose the right option.
but no, lets just not do that and screw it all up. Really annoying.

One thing annoying me today, and not a little bit, was the weather at Sarthe 700. Tons of rain, which is manageable, but the stupid radar and time in the pitlane is annoying. Before entering the pitlane the radar shows lots of torrential rain coming very soon. I switch to full wets and by the time I exit the pit, the radar has updated and torrential rain looks to be just a small lime and clearing in seconds.
If we could keep the radar on during the 40 second pitstop and adjust tyre choice or change during the cutscene, we could actually choose the right option.
but no, lets just not do that and screw it all up. Really annoying.
The clouds moving slower and our car not crawling along at a snail's pace before showing up would also be helpful.

I like that they added the course map to the pit window, but in VR it's useless without a leaderboard, just a bunch of cars all over the track, if they could color codes 1st, 2nd & 3rd it would really help.

Unless I'm missing something if you start off on a mixed set of tires the first time you pit you will have to put on the same tire type front and back, what would help is in the pit window there would be additional tire options called T1 & T2 that would be mixed tire sets, that would be preset in the your garage car settings menu.

Once again, the track limits... The guy that did this lap did a lot more than just cut this corner. This isn’t the only time I’ve seen this before either.
20970404316772254(1).jpg

Its absolutely frustrating to see the fastest laps have the most unintuitive and nonsensical lines imaginable. They have no tires on tarmac, outside of the two white lines, on the most unsettling section of kerb on that corner. I don’t care if you think the rules here are fair. The rules are stupid.

The Chicane of Death is probably the worst offender, but no one has ever called for stricter limits so you can actually overtake and race there. Its ”back out or die”. You’re forced to try to run it nearly flat every time because its just playing a game of chicane chicken, not any actual racing.

”If you don’t do it, someone else will”, or something like that

/rant

The only invitation I get being one to visit Barry R. after each jump on the Fishermans Ranch circuit experience.

And Sarah telling me to take a deep breath when I do visit ol' Barry.

I'll breathe on my own terms, thanks. You can stop being a greater annoyance than the janky landing physics now.

I've been driving in car camera view A LOT more recently, and what I've noticed is that, depending on the weather/exterior lighting you cannot see a damn thing on the car's instrument panel. Half of the point of using the interior view (to me at least) is to see the interior gauges! PD needs to either change the settings so the instruments are always visible or give us the option to turn on the headlights (which will thus light up the instrumentation). That's also a glaring omission in itself (inability to turn on headlights).

Guess I just never noticed it before, but at least in the new Porsche 904, your character's feet are stuck in a "left foot braking" position and never touch the clutch pedal.

Once again, the track limits... The guy that did this lap did a lot more than just cut this corner. This isn’t the only time I’ve seen this before either.
View attachment 1244098

Its absolutely frustrating to see the fastest laps have the most unintuitive and nonsensical lines imaginable. They have no tires on tarmac, outside of the two white lines, on the most unsettling section of kerb on that corner. I don’t care if you think the rules here are fair. The rules are stupid.

The Chicane of Death is probably the worst offender, but no one has ever called for stricter limits so you can actually overtake and race there. Its ”back out or die”. You’re forced to try to run it nearly flat every time because its just playing a game of chicane chicken, not any actual racing.

”If you don’t do it, someone else will”, or something like that

/rant
This has always bothered me a lot. The white stripes on the sides of the racetracks are good for something, but for the PD it seems that they only serve as an aesthetic element. In addition to Dragon Trail with its gigantic and outsized curbs, in Interlagos, La Sarthe and other circuits, abuse is common, and there is no punishment. I think this would be easily fixed by modifying the racetrack limits programming data.

In the real world, finishing a race on Dragon Trail, with its giants and prominent curbs, would be impossible as it would be a semi-axle graveyard.

I hope that in Gran Turismo 8 PD will reform the size of Dragon Trail curbs. It's curious to say that, because Kaz, some time ago, said that the Deep Forest curbs and other original circuits were disproportionate, some wider than a car.

Last edited:
Same ol same ol. Being unable to select different decal textures for individual decals.
I paint a car body chrome, to get a small patch. Paint the bonnet half matte. Paint mirrors Satin. Then, I add a section cover decal in semi-gloss. When I want to decal the remainder of the car in a gloss finish, while leaving the original chrome patch exposed, I can't. It has to be the semi-gloss like allll the other decals.

I'm getting tired of the game trolling with weather. So many times I've pitted just as a large dark blue/green blob is about to cross the track just to exit and find that it completely dissipated during the pit stop. The game seems to react to whatever I decide.

I've had two races just today where I pitted THREE LAPS CONSECUTIVELY because the stupid weather can't decide what it really wants to do!

The amount of stars late at night in VR, maybe if they cut it back a few million stars we might get better quality ones :)

Last edited:
Guess I just never noticed it before, but at least in the new Porsche 904, your character's feet are stuck in a "left foot braking" position and never touch the clutch pedal.

The driver/avatar never touches the clutch pedal when using a controller in VR either, even with stock transmissions. IStrangely the Avatar doesn’t even shift in my DeLorean. Never even touches the shifter.

The fact that after being out for over a year now I’m still driving around in the damn dark! 😠 I mean seriously, for a game that has always touted itself as the “real driving simulator” you would think that common sense would dictate that if you are going to have race tracks where you can have races that take place at night that they would be……oh I don’t know……..LIT UP. And no, I don’t expect every inch of the track to be lit up, but some lights down the straight away where the start/finish line is, not to mention the pit area would be nice. They didn’t seem to have any trouble lighting up Nurburgring, or La Sarthe or even Trial Mountain (which is very cool racing that track in the dark) but like with Broad Bean Raceway, you can literally see the tall light poles all around the track but if you race the track at night……..nothing, the ONLY lights you see are on the cars racing around the track 😳 oh and the electronic billboards, my bad 😂

It's always been the AI behaviour for me, my favourite being no matter what level they are; braking mid corner. It is a genius move, if you are close enough behind them you either shunt them or have to brake more and get a poor exit. It is marginally more annoying than when they go to block you as you overtake with a high closing speed. Both problems are always apparent because YOU ALWAYS START AT OR NEAR THE BACK AND HAVE TO OVERTAKE EVERYONE. I know, I know; It's been said before.

Today I had a new one, checking out the 'new' 2019 RS5 Turbo DTM. What a lovely thing it is and with @praiano63 's tune it is a doddle. I was basically on a lovely short shifting, fuel saving cruise when out of nowhere, BAM put into the barrier at high speed. Watching the replay, Mr Portilla in 3rd place caught up with my short-shifting self and took the final corner too hot and slammed into my rear three quarter panel. Usually I'd be aware but as it was my first PP800 grind at Sardegna with the RS5 I was watching the fuel page rather than radar and for some reason racing in bonnet cam so no rear view mirror either. I'm pretty sure he would have lost control had I not been there as a cushion, luckily I saved his race as he galloped off into the distance and somehow didn't lose my clean race bonus!

For the lols...

Last edited:
Watching the replay, Mr Portilla in 3rd place caught up with my short-shifting self and took the final corner too hot and slammed into my rear three quarter panel.
I am always surprised how slow they take the turn where you passed him. Nice job from Mr Portilla in the last corner...

Latest Posts

Back