The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,763,041 views
If the threat of stabbings wasn't so high, it would be Top 5.

As it is, I don't know how long I can hold out keeping it out of there.

I'm afraid that I need more than that, a quick recap perhaps.

That...is...if you...don't mind (*squeak*)

I honestly don't have time right now, otherwise I will read, in one shot.


Anyway, I just completed this:
MacRam3.jpg

Looks rather cool, and it sure bucks some apples.

And pic:

131413268714.png


And awesome gif:

131413483298.gif


That's it , for now.
 
getsakeimage.ashx


Little preview of my Rainbow Dash in MC:LA
 
Just when I thought I knew everything about Halo canon, a little curveball gets released in a new book.

Said curveball being that humanity was as advanced as the forerunners in 150,000 BC, and went to war with them and the flood. Allied with the early prophets. Found a cure for the flood and won the war, but then lost the war with the forerunners and were bombed back to the stone age. Then the flood raped the forerunners, and the Halos were fired.

So humanity being reclaimers now confuses the buck out of me, and how the heck do I transate ponies into this crazy as hell new position?
 
I'm afraid, I need more than that, a quick recap perhaps.

That...is...if you...don't mind (*squeak*)

I honestly don't have time right now, otherwise I will read, in one shot
Lots of world building. Author basically creates (what is left of) the entire griffon civilization from whole cloth, with some parallels to Gothic tribes from the days of the end of the Roman Empire.



In the first story, Gilda is presented as a screwup with an unrepentant Darwinist/racist asshole for a father (by which I mean Big Mac's father in Macintosh would win a medal by comparison, though Gilda's father never becomes an unbelievable character). Dash is her only friend, and Gilda hates the fact that they aren't as close as she wishes they were. Story starts three days before Griffon The Brush-Off, goes on throughout the events of the episode and ends a day or two later. Gilda in the story isn't quite what I would call an outright bitch (though she still is extremely caustic towards everyone who isn't Dash) so much as she is exceedingly short-tempered at everyone she comes in contact with (except Dash). Her temper and cynicism leads to the events of Griffon the Brush-Off and the immediate fallout. Story is told from the first person.





Story is not a redemption fic. Neither is the sequel story Summer Days and Evening Flames, which is still in progress and I absolutely love.
 


just found this
 
A person who only just dicovered bronies? Wow...you coming in by satellite bro?

Also I am so monumentally pissed off at Microsoft, if this pile of horse apples book they call "Cryptum" is an indicator of how much they are going to anally rape Halo canon now that Bungie's left it to them.
 

Didn't think that one was very good, amazingly. Maybe the joke was just worn out by the time I saw it, but I think there were better poses that would have brought it better in line with the Twilight one.
 
Lots of world building. Author basically creates (what is left of) the entire griffon civilization from whole cloth, with some parallels to Gothic tribes from the days of the end of the Roman Empire.

In the first story, Gilda is presented as a screwup with an unrepentant Darwinist/racist asshole for a father (by which I mean Big Mac's father in Macintosh would win a medal by comparison, though Gilda's father never becomes an unbelievable character). Dash is her only friend, and Gilda hates the fact that they aren't as close as she wishes they were. Story starts three days before Griffon The Brush-Off, goes on throughout the events of the episode and ends a day or two later. Gilda in the story isn't quite what I would call an outright bitch (though she still is extremely caustic towards everyone who isn't Dash) so much as she is exceedingly short-tempered at everyone she comes in contact with (except Dash). Her temper and cynicism leads to the events of Griffon the Brush-Off and the immediate fallout. Story is told from the first person.

That's actually what I was looking for, I guess that it also tries to come together with the canon MLP universe, well I suppose(hence the reasoning behind the justification of Gilda's attitude), and social repression.

And by "exactly what I was looking for" I mean key aspects and some motivations, unlike the description on the fanfic recommendations.

Story is not a redemption fic.

Exactly what I was looking for, it should be complete by now.

(*Ensembles the different parts of the puzzle*)



Have some innuendos in exchange for the info(grammatically incorrect, my post of course):
131377185701.png
 
Last edited:
Already chose my next Avatar.
twilight_sparkle___come_at_me_by_dentist73548-d47c942.png
 
Damn people can make vectors Fast :O

I don't even know how to make one :lol:
 
I know how (or at least knew how. Not sure if I still could without problems), but I always hated doing it.

That's actually what I was looking for, I guess that it also tries to come together with the canon MLP universe, well I suppose(hence the reasoning behind the justification of Gilda's attitude), and social repression.

And by "exactly what I was looking for" I mean key aspects and some motivations, unlike the description on the fanfic recommendations.



Exactly what I was looking for, it should be complete by now.

(*Ensembles the different parts of the puzzle*)
Wait, what?
 
Here is my Rainbow Dash Saleen

EuEUt.jpg


VtH0o.jpg


wADya.jpg


zPJMN.jpg


OTpE2.jpg


Z1E7h.jpg


r1bZu.jpg


i9YWt.jpg


What you guys think...?
 
What program do people use for vectors anyway? I can only ever get bitmaps, and they look crappy.

Anyways night y'all. Hoping Allegrezza gets uploaded soon, I updated the DA versions with the slightly beefed-up scenes and grammar fixes. Gotta be said that it was nice to have i accepted straight away with no points of improvement for once. Gods and Demons was a nightmare trying to get past the pre-readers;
40511%20-%20Lyra%20artist%3Abronyontheway%20hi-res%20sleeping.png
 
Illustrator usually, though I think some of the guys known for their Pony vectors use Photoshop instead.






frmbuf007.png

Background ALL the things!​


I might even make it my background for my PS2 (its almost large enough) if I can remember what I have to do to do that.


What you guys think...?
Is the graininess because the paint is metallic?
 
<------ @Toro and @Mint

Your move, gentlemen.


Having a 20kb restriction is draconian in a way not even Nightmare Moon could be.
 
That car is awesome.


And...I'm not sure you physically can be 1up'd here Gravekeeper.....I think you just won.


*Searches for forward facing Big Mac vector*
On second though, I'm eating this pizza first, because once I start I won't stop until I'm done....and I don't like cold Pizza.


And yes, in my mind, even though I haven't read Aftermath or the Prologue, Macintosh eventually hooks up with Twilight, and I am perfectly OK with that.
 
Is the graininess because the paint is metallic?
Thats because of Rockstars online servers ruining the picture quality (its fuzzy and slightly to dark) and the paint on the car is called sparkle so that makes the glitter effect! :D

That car is awesome.

If your talking about mine... thank you :p
 
<------ @Toro and @Mint

Your move, gentlemen.
Do%252520Not%252520Want.gif





...Wait, did you find the vector or did you just do it by hand like I did?




I must be slipping. I immediately thought to switch to the Trixie version when Mint did his this morning, but it never crossed my mind to do that.




Having a 20kb restriction is draconian in a way not even Nightmare Moon could be.
For transparencies? I just used the avatar area background color and made that the background layer rather than a transparent one. It came in at only 16 kb when I was done with it, and that's at 120x120 rather than 100x100.



Though that may be because I killed the brightness on Trixie for MAXIMUM IMPLICATIONS.
 
Not if this Big Macintosh thing works out.

Also, so many Twilight avatars.

I love it.
 
I'm not sure you physically can be 1up'd here Gravekeeper.....I think you just won.

Fatality

Gravekeeper wins[/mortal_combat]


9996%20-%208D%20%3AD%20reaction_face%20smile%20twilight_sparkle%20u_mad%20weird.png



...Wait, did you find the vector or did you just do it by hand like I did?

Man, I wish I had the vector. I just found the normal image, cut Trixie out from it, flipped her, put her next to Twi, and redrew them from the neck down.


I must be slipping. I immediately thought to switch to the Trixie version when Mint did his this morning, but it never crossed my mind to do that.

I rushed to make this one because I was very, very sure it was going to cross your mind to do them together like that.
Giggity.
 
Last edited:
Man, I wish I had the vector. I just found the normal image, cut Trixie out from it, flipped her, put her next to Twi, and redrew them from the neck down.
So you cheated, is what you are saying.





You people and your ability to draw.

















I just finished watching Batman and Robin. I swear, there needs to be something that combines Ponies with it. With Nightmare Moon as Mr. Freeze.
 
Yeah, I can't find any good shots of Big Mac for what I wanted to do.

I still wouldn't beat Gravekeeper's even if it did work, but I still like mine how it is.


You know those images that show the ponies with their hair being blown back by fans?

Twilight wins.
48940%20-%20Fanart%20animated%20fan%20fangasm%20fanservice%20season_2%20twilight_sparkle.gif

Not that it's surprising or anything.


312639_224644410916472_173972919316955_627435_3013963_n.jpg

Daniel Ingram
Fan drawing of Rebecca Shoichet singing as Twilight, the MLP Director extraordinaire Jayson Thiessen, and myself.
2 ponies, recording a pony, singing the voice of another pony?


Am I trying to draw attention away from Gravekeeper's superior Avatar by posting random stuff?
Absolutely
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering why Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle" hasn't become a PMV. Then again, that may not be on the "accepted" songs list, I dunno.
 
Back