Oh damn. I've seen Bronies dishing out hate before, but calling people stupid for dying in a hurricane "....with all the warnings there were before it hit land..."? Wow, I find my Bronies circle growing smaller and smaller every day.
Yeah, I know. It's just the ones I had in my circle seem to be reverting.
I guess hopping they would stay that way was too wishful thinking. Maybe Season 2 will bring them back around.
EDIT:
I almost felt it was necessary to say "So what you're saying is....it needs to be about 20% Cooler?" when my friend was complaining that his house was hot because the power was out. Best part, he's not a Brony.
My kind of Diane, reminds me of Olivia Wilde, a little bit.
(*Realizes that Gravekeeper slip by all of that, also becomes aware of the fact that this place isn't as problematic as the others, here we go again...*)
Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy are also pretty hard to play on anything without a proper floating D-Pad (like real controllers have), I've noticed. Even Treasure Land Adventure suffers a bit, but the platforming in that one was never as precise as the other two so it isn't as bad.
Gunstar Heroes, aww yeeeah. I remember playing that one co-op with a buddy of mine, though I don't remember having complaints about the controller. We we both using Classic Pros at the time, if I recall correctly.
I bought one of those (well, not one of those, but a UPS all the same) at the end of March and hooked my PS3 and TV up to it. Week and a half later, power surge blew up my laptop's PSU (which I still haven't replaced, but I probably won't until the Sim City 4 urges become too much to bear).
Back in the day, (like, we're talking the internet Triassic Period, here), I lost at least three dial-up modems to lightning storms, and one or two PSUs... It was getting a bit ridiculous.
Actually, I know a Jessica that, during high school, was quite loud, boisterous, and punishingly hard-hitting with her fists, usually into the soft, doughy guts of the general male student body. After high school she mellowed out. Slightly.
I only play it for City Escape and Radical Highway. Everything else I simply cannot bring myself care about, but those two levels blow my mind every time I play them.
And I'm embarrassed to say how many hours I have on my save game for it.
If only I wasn't so lazy, I'd get up and find the GC memory card and check my SA2 times... Maybe tomorrow. I've no regrets on playing it extensively though, I remember me and one of my bros (well, she-bro) always competed and/or cooperated in trying to get all the A Ranks...
Now, am I just a bad player, or does anyone else find Sonic Team's demands for A and S-ranks to be rather... demanding?
Everything went pretty well. Only a few large trees fell, no major damage to anyone in my neighborhood.
As far as I can remember Isabel was just a really powerful tropical storm when it hit. So if that's right, yeah, this is my first Hurricane. (First Hurricane and Earthquake in one week? The hell is this?)
But it wasn't even close to as bad as Isabel. A few extra MPH winds doesn't make much difference when compared to the 8ft storm surge we got with Isable.
Good to hear everything is mostly OK over there--Irene was really quite a p:censored:y, comparatively. Now, hurricane Georges, THAT was horrifying. We're talking, at least a month without power and water, and living off of government-provided water and ice and an emergency gas stove.
FOV differences. They aren't all standing directly inline with each other (for example, Fluttershy is farthest back and Rarity is the closest), and the animators probably scaled them accordingly.
Rarity is closer to the screen. not by much, but I feel like it could be enough to make up for the difference.
And you measured to the bottom of their shoes.
[/pointless nitpickery]
I almost felt it was necessary to say "So what you're saying is....it needs to be about 20% Cooler?" when my friend was complaining that his house was hot because the power was out. Best part, he's not a Brony.
Yes, it's obviously dark blue. Anyone who thinks otherwise is...well...you know.
Anyway, I've finish taking photos of the races that took place last night (I only saved 4 of the replays though, which means that I haven't covered every race). Also, I've realised that taking photos of cars that are almost constantly obscured by the water spraying off the road isn't easy.
And there's so much d'awwwww in this image, it's unreal:
Gunstar Heroes, aww yeeeah. I remember playing that one co-op with a buddy of mine, though I don't remember having complaints about the controller. We we both using Classic Pros at the time, if I recall correctly.
Its fine for the most part, but when you get into the crazy "there are so many bad guys on screen you might as well just beat them to death with other bad guys" parts, I just start taking hits like a stone whenever I play in on my PS3 or PSP.
But when I boot the game up on the mighty X'Eye, with the glorious almost-perfection that is the first-revision Genesis 6-Button pad (second only to the mighty Japanese Saturn controller), I tear through them like wet tissue paper.
Back in the day, (like, we're talking the internet Triassic Period, here), I lost at least three dial-up modems to lightning storms, and one or two PSUs... It was getting a bit ridiculous.
I swear, those 56K modems had to be damn lightning rods or something, we blew them up so fast. Every time the power went out, the modem ended up frying itself.
If only I wasn't so lazy, I'd get up and find the GC memory card and check my SA2 times... Maybe tomorrow. I've no regrets on playing it extensively though, I remember me and one of my bros (well, she-bro) always competed and/or cooperated in trying to get all the A Ranks...
Anyway, I've finish taking photos of the races that took place last night (I only saved 4 of the replays though, which means that I haven't covered every race). Also, taking photos of cars that are almost constantly obscured by the water spraying off the road isn't easy.
My Triple has been doing enduros since the minute I we finished (using your X1, actually), so when the Tsukuba race ends tomorrow morning I'll get on them on my end.
Has anyone else become a lot more critical of everything since beomcing a Brony?
I mean, I'm picking out minor errors in things like crazy that I never really cared about before, and they bother me now.
Even months after becoming a Brony, even though the show itself was fantastic, I still never expected the Friendship is Magic fandom to raise my standards this much.
Anyway,
New poll on ED. Dragons winning. Hell yeah.
Did I not mention how much I like dragons?
~Calender was $5, Book is more of a kids thing, but it looks cool enough on my shelf to be worth the $10. But the Toothless cut-out was part of the display where I work and I got it off them for free.
~$80
~$250(<Not a typo)
And I custom ordered a mouse pad with this printed on it:
Overall about 2 yearsjust over a year(I started with the cup and big blue one on my 18th birthday) since I started building stuff up other than the tiny wooden dragons I got when I was 6, so I'm hoping to at least double that in ponies in about half the time.
And given I'll have a very steady job soon that shouldn't be tough.
EDIT: And Dragons are actually one of the things that kind of caught my eye back when the Bronies first started. I heard something about big ass dragons not long before I finally decided to check this thread for the first time.
Anyway, it's 1:32(It was when I started this post)2:042:12(Dammit....*closes laptop*) and at 9:30 I told myself "I'll just check GTP really quick before heading to bed." so.....
So, I was playing my highly modded GTA San Andreas, and took one of these cars, with some kind of super-hydraulics that made it take air with each stroke and this started playing, so I decided to go show off to some gangsters.
EDIT: Oh damn. I've seen Bronies dishing out hate before, but calling people stupid for dying in a hurricane "....with all the warnings there were before it hit land..."? Wow, I find my Bronies circle growing smaller and smaller every day.
I see what you mean but that person that would just be his attitude. It wouldn't be right to say I don't want to be a brony because a few bronies are idiots. It's like other online fandoms you have the mostly good people than the small amount douches. It's the way the world is.
I was always critical, on account of my game creation hobby. However, I've never concentrated so much on writing anything before, until MLP fanfiction came along.
For all the Mexican bronies out there, it sounds like they are migrating to fast food joints in your area. Now go grab them before the pop up on ebay for 70 bucks a set.
Also, I've opened up the possibility of Gods and Demons continuing to my widdle fanbase. (I love the fact I have one of those now!)
But yeh, for the effort it takes to write, plus the fact it's endured a chapter-on-chapter ratings slump, I would really much prefer to retire it and start up a new project or two. Something fresh, and unrestrained by another IP.
Also, I've opened up the possibility of Gods and Demons continuing to my widdle fanbase. (I love the fact I have one of those now!)
But yeh, for the effort it takes to write, plus the fact it's endured a chapter-on-chapter ratings slump, I would really much prefer to retire it and start up a new project or two. Something fresh, and unrestrained by another IP.
^I am giving you the freedom to choose what to do.
OGAD is interesting for me, as I don't know the Halo universe good enough. But seeing how you suffer from negative posts, I think you should close the project. Who knows maybe the next one will give you 6 stars.
I see what you mean but that person that would just be his attitude. It wouldn't be right to say I don't want to be a brony because a few bronies are idiots. It's like other online fandoms you have the mostly good people than the small amount douches. It's the way the world is.
Actually, the whole "I don't like the way a few people in this group act, so I don't want to be part of it anymore" attitude is something I've never really understood.
OGAD is interesting for me, as I don't know the Halo universe good enough. But seeing how you suffer from negative posts, I think you should close the project. Who knows maybe the next one will give you 6 stars.
I'm in the same boat as you, seeing as I'm not exactly well acquainted with all things Halo, although I have (or did have) a couple of the games from the franchise. Even so, I still don't think OGaD is that bad to be honest.
As for continuing with OGaD, I wouldn't go so far as to say that you should end the project now simply because of a few people providing negative feedback for you story. Now, if you don't particulaly enjoy writing it, or if it isn't worth the effort to keep the story going, then perhaps it would be best if you leave OGaD be for a while. I'm not entirely sure what you are going to do with it at the moment, but if you would prefer to start something "fresh", then by all means, go ahead and do that.
And I read part 2 of Allegrezza yesterday:
I'll admit it's not quite as good as part 1, but it was enjoyable, plus I did notice the Micheal Mcintyre reference which was was nice (I was expecting to get "gazebo'd" with some friends last Friday, but that never happened in the end).
This weekend should be different though, seeing as I'm about to hit the big 20.
EDIT: I'll have some race photos up later today. I would upload them now but I'm about to go out for a couple of hours.
Yeh, I think putting G&D on hiatus would probably be the best idea.
Allegrezza:
Yeh, there's quite a few bits that didn't quite hold up in chapter two. It's hard to juggle dialogue between both characters while still holding up Octavia's haughty descriptive style.
Also, glad someone noticed the McIntyre reference. XD
Actually, the whole "I don't like the way a few people in this group act, so I don't want to be part of it anymore" attitude is something I've never really understood.
The fact that I'm still able to play, and discuss Forza and GT5 are proof of that. If I were the person to quit things out of shame for what others do, I would probably never play a video game again. 5 comments down a YouTube video and the idiot war is at full force. I've dealt with it through the launch of FM3, GT5, and now FM4.