The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,769,052 views
Sunset sequel? Sunset sequel!? Sweet Christmas, its a 🤬 Sunset sequel!
 
Heres your final HD PMV CoffeeGrunt... Hope you really like it!



:D
 
Well, I discovered Jagermeister today at the party. And it. Is. Awesome. Seriously, compared to cider and beer, I can drink it like Cola, probably not to my liver's merit, but nevermind eh?

Also, my mate's fiancee's dad runs the biggest electricals company in Anglia, and offered me the chance of a job if I'm good enough. So not only was it a good night of food and booze, but I also got a possible career opportunity out of it. All-round bucking awesome I guess.

However friendship lubricant has had its usual toll on me, and I'm suddenly very sleepy. I get tired, but dont get a hangover, so its a good trade off I guess. Not that I'm even that drunk tbh, fresh air cleaned it out on the way home, and the piles of food I probably ate.

Also a large part of me is finding it difficult to keep rolling with G&D. Mainly due to it only receiving one comment on ED, that said how he was completely unwilling to read it after finding out Twilight's an AI. It's also dropped to an all-time low of 4.1. Given the time it takes to write a 4k word chapter, proof-read it twice, get someone else to proof-read it, type up a concept sheet for various facets of Halo, and how to integrate them, rewrite the fic to be friendlier to non-Halo fans, decide with story threads I'll be continuing this time, etc, etc. I'm 6 chapters and three months into a thirty-three year war, it's going to take bucking forever to write.

Meanwhile I could get two good chapters of Allegrezza out, or another project I won't be so fazed with.

Anywho, nighty-night:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/213/9/7/sleeping_lyra_by_bronyontheway-d42e7md.png

/Edit/

I'll stay up to watch that vid then, I actually happen to be wearing my Skindred tee. Happy days.
 
Just came back from a 4 day trip to Kobenhavn/Berlin. It's midnight.

Oh boy, pony time! *reads ALL the new posts*
 
@Apokalipse

You are a trooper.

@Dylans

I've bookmarked it for tomorrow. Sorry, but I feel like my brain is running on 25hz atm, so it's probably best I devote my full, unmuffled attention to it sometime.

On the bright side, I have an idea for a later Allegrezza installment based on tonight, or rather, the competition I had with my mate, the groom-to-be, that fits well with Octavia/Scratch's attritive competition.
 
I'm grinning like a total moron right now. Problem is, now I need to read the two Ciroton stories that I haven't already read to get a feeling for everything, because apparently For Want of a Dawn takes place last in the little continuity he set up. I was going to do it anyways, but he kind of forced my hand.

On the bright side, I have an idea for a later Allegrezza installment based on tonight, or rather, the competition I had with my mate, the groom-to-be, that fits well with Octavia/Scratch's attritive competition.
Get drunk. Incorporate results into fan fic.




This is something you may not want to read. I'm warning you.
Edit: Don't worry everybrony. Fluttershy got away (probably).

Oh good lord nevermind. That's gonna be a storm to whether. I'm almost sorta not wanting to see how its handled.
 
Last edited:
Heres your final HD PMV CoffeeGrunt... Hope you really like it!

*vid*

:D

Quite like that video, it has a certain something to it that I-don't-know, kind of cool actually.



And then I just realized, almost every single pairing in MLP is "gay"...

Lets bring some normality, for the sake of you-know-what:
131456594772.png


Or just follow the modern trend:
131456546202.png


Dammit I'm bored:
131451489340.jpg




And I still don't understand the mechanics of making out in MLP, sure they have tongues, but no lips.

Also, what the hell I'm thinking? at least the "other" mechanic is less confusing.
 
And then I just realized, almost every single pairing in MLP is "gay"...
Recently I'm not so sure how accurate this is. For starters, when dealing with the Mane Six, it depends on the character, really.

Fluttershy and Rarity are paired up with dudes more frequently than they are girls (Rarity especially). Granted, in Twilight's and Fluttershy's case its usually always the same dude (Big Mac), but that's not the point. Pinkie and Twilight tend to be 50:50. Its only Dash and (to a lesser extent) AJ who seem to be pegged squarely into the "lol what is hetero" category.







Yes, I've read enough that I feel I can comment on that objectively.
 
1. Buy fram($30).
2. Clean inside and outside of glass.
3. Insert poster.
4. Hold poster against wall to see where it would look good.
5. Put poster down to.....Oh 🤬 *BOOM SMASH*
6......feel lucky the poster is undamaged.
7.....clean up glass
8. Find receipt.
9. Plan to return tomorrow.

Phase 10 hasn't happened yet, but according to my sister who frequents the place they're pretty easy on returning damaged stuff.

Still, I'm kind of pissed off at myself. Everything was going unusually well today. Not a single thing happened to make me feel even the least bit upset. I thought I might have made it a full day.

Also, it's 24 x 36, putting it at away bigger than my TV screen.
 
Watcha' doin'?

Putting Ponies on your wall so you can something while you something?


Edit: Ooh, I got it. So you can watch ponies while you watch ponies.
 
Last edited:
You remember that unbelievable resolution comicon poster that was made a few weeks ago?
Well, my friend had it printed out, and I got it a few days after my birthday, I just got the extra money to go buy a frame.

Here's a picture:
IMG_20110828_203612.jpg

You can pretty clearly see the :censored:ed up frame in the background. It's on the right corner. Splinter Cell: Conviction is there as a size reference.


It would have look great right above my TV:(

Whatever, I waited a week just to get the frame, I can wait 1 more day.

EDIT:


Edit: Ooh, I got it. So you can watch ponies while you watch ponies.
Actually....pretty much.



And so I can watch ponies while doing everything else.
 
That explains why the frame cost so much money.




I have a couple that I would actually would like to print out on a nice A1 sheet of paper, but I'm still uncertain. I have to imagine it would be expensive as hell.
 
Recently I'm not so sure how accurate this is. For starters, when dealing with the Mane Six, it depends on the character, really.

Fluttershy and Rarity are paired up with dudes more frequently than they are girls (Rarity especially). Granted, in Twilight's and Fluttershy's case its usually always the same dude (Big Mac), but that's not the point. Pinkie and Twilight tend to be 50:50. Its only Dash and (to a lesser extent) AJ who seem to be pegged squarely into the "lol what is hetero" category.







Yes, I've read enough that I feel I can comment on that objectively.

I'm thinking in the fanon as a whole, you see, the most popular pairings involves mostly female and female, this also includes in the secondary pairing, there is a common trend that started with AppleJack and Rainbow Dash, which was latter transferred towards Trixie and Twilight, which subsequently end up triggering other pairings like Spitfire and Dash.

I'm aware that there are characters like Rarity and Fluttershy in which this theory doesn't apply too much, however the attempt of making pairings out of them are obvious(Fluttershy RD, Rarity AppleJack) however the thing about them is that they are not as popular, there could be parings that are almost popular like FlutterMac or SoarinDash, but they are not as popular as the other ones, like for example Vinyl Scratch and Octavia, and finally Lyra and Bon Bon.

Not that is bad, it just weird.



*Smash-o glass-o*

Try with a wood frame without glass, there are some cool modern ones, I have one on my living room, the whole framing thing is awfully complicated, not to mention the glass and the montage.

However it might depend on tastes, and the costs of making that frame with the support for the picture(I don't know how much they cost in the US, but it cant be that expensive), which has to be done by request(well in my case).
 
Last edited:
However it might depend on tastes, and the costs of making that frame with the support for the picture(I don't know how much they cost in the US, but it cant be that expensive), which has to be done by request(well in my case).

Well I've already got this one. I'll see what I can do if there's no way to get a replacement, but for now I'm happy with this. I actually saw a few nice wooden ones, but I just don't think it fits the look of the poster very well. That and they were about $60 a piece, and I barely had enough for this.
So if I can't get a replacement, it'll be another week.

Suddenyl, happy:
happy_lil___macintosh_by_alliszero-d4824ym.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm aware that there are characters like Rarity and Fluttershy in which this theory doesn't apply too much, however the attempt of making pairings out of them are obvious(Fluttershy RD, Rarity AppleJack) however the thing about them is that they are not as popular, there could be parings that are almost popular like FlutterMac or SoarinDash
I actually don't see nearly as much SoarinDash as I expected I would. SoarinJack seems to be the far more popular pairing.

Not that is bad, it just weird.
I'd think it'd be weirder if it wasn't that way. For starters, most Bronies are men. "Girl-on-Girl is Hot" is a ridiculous double standard, but it absolutely exists; even in terms of pastel-colored marshmallow ponies.

Arguably of less importance (as odd as that is), there are 11 male cast members with a role (however minor) in the show's storylines. That's already probably a 3:1 swing in the gender population.

However:
One of them is a douchebag. Two of them (possibly three of them) are related to Applejack. Two of them are retards (also, children). Three of them are old and married. One of them is shipped with Derpy exclusively (and the only exception that doesn't bring down furious vengeance is Twilight). That basically leaves Soarin' as being available to everyone, but even then its hard to justify him being with anyone but Spitfire, AJ or Dash (hence he is paired with them exclusively); or Caramel (who may be related to AJ, but he's basically a non-entity regardless).


So then you have to turn to OCs, and there is an inherent danger to doing that, especially with art. You have to do it damn well to not get obscenities thrown at you.
 

So then you have to turn to OCs, and there is an inherent danger to doing that, especially with art. You have to do it damn well to not get less obscenities thrown at you.

Fixed.
 
mmm... brownies! :D

Ohh Toro you and your brownies have made me hungry... :lol:
 
fffe%252B001.jpg


^Would make drawing far easier.

EDIT: Part 2 of that Michael Bay parody series has a shipping tag.
I really need to read the first one.


I think I might take a little time away form the internet and do something tomorrow.
I'm becoming so lazy I didn't want to comment on the picture I posted because I didn't feel like adding the tags.
Then again, I think I'm just having a really, really lazy day.
 
Last edited:
> mfw akira posts in a thread other than this one and the anime thread (particularly one that I spend so much time in):

Le%252520Gasp.png



mmm... brownies! :D

Ohh Toro you and your brownies have made me hungry... :lol:
40303%252520-%252520cheap%252520confound_these_ponies%252520twilight-sparkle.png



I'm gonna leave it like that to see if CoffeeGrunt notices.












This was funny in a sort of self-loathing kind of way (I actually honest-to-god played Adventure 2 Battle this morning, mostly so I could say I played my Wii):
50975%20-%20Sonic_the_Hedgehog%20artist%3Acyberlink420%20crossover%20cutie_mark%20knuckles_the_echidna%20no_one_will_get_this_joke%20rarity.png


This, however, was absolutely hilarious:
unled1od.png

 
Last edited:
^That last picture....uh, you might want to either post as a link or censor it.
EDIT: Better.
 
Last edited:
EDIT: Part 2 of that Michael Bay parody series has a shipping tag.
I really need to read the first one.

I really need to check ED more often. I honestly didn't know part 2 was up until you mentioned it just now, but I think it would be best if I read it tomorrow, and I'm liking the description for part 2 as well.

I'm gonna leave it like that to see if CoffeeGrunt notices.

Why do I get the feeling it's going to stay like that for the next week or so?
 
^That last picture....uh, you might want to either post as a link or censor it.

Or rather banish those images the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.


I also do other things, you see:

>Post in the GP thread(Like a boss)
>Post in the FM section(Like Celestia)
>Watch streams with T_12(Like a boss)
>Post in the O&E section(Like a boss)
>And other threads when I'm really bored(Like a boss)

I guess that now I have to watch my back(like a boss).

Time to balance things out:
47313%20-%2080s%20Snails%20The_Great_And_Powerful_Trixie%20Trixie%20Weird_Science%20artist%3ABlackBeWhite2k7%20crossover%20do_want%20movie_poster%20older%20parody%20snips.png

Close enough.

And I feel a massive post by Gravekeeper, really massive one.
(And never look for Twilight covers, stupid idea)
 
^Bras?

I know ponies IRL have breasts and all, but I just don't get how that would work.

I mean.......alright, never mind. Why the hell am I talking about this? Or even thinking about it for that matter?


It's a funny picture, and I'll just leave it at that.
 
I think I might take a little time away form the internet and do something tomorrow.
I'm actually, *gasp*, going back to school on Tuesday. So of course my PSP picks now of all times to break.


How am I supposed to read Pony stories during class if I have nothing to read with?


^Bras?

I know ponies IRL have breasts and all, but I just don't get how that would work.

I mean.......alright, never mind. Why the hell am I talking about this? Or even thinking about it for that matter?


It's a funny picture, and I'll just leave it at that.
What caught my attention was actually the Complete Tool™ beard that Snips is rocking. Though I've never seen Weird Science, so I don't know if that is part of the joke or not.
 
Last edited:
Time for some quick n' dirty mass-replyin'!

@Gravekeeper, I can't deny the brilliance of that comic :lol:

And in the eighth frame, Twilight's eyes....aren't exactly on the prize, if you know what I mean.

:D The temptation to draw her line of sight just slightly lower was definitely there, believe me.

Oh boy, now there's a game. Good stress reliever in the pre-GTA days, that one.

You know how hard it is to play Mischief Makers with anything but an N64 controller, though? I've tried playing it on the Wii a few times with a Wavebird and its practically impossible to do anything more advanced than "jump" and "shake shake."

Back when it came out, I was still in school and pretty much at the mercy of my parents' wallet, which meant games only on my birthday or Xmas... Much later, when I got a job after high school, I was lucky enough to score a physical copy of the game, so I don't have to mess around emulation on PC or Wii... And I guess you're having the same controller problems I was having with another N64 Treasure game on the Wii: Sin & Punishment.

Dat comic!

Surely she already knows, seeing as Twilight's always naked?

Perhaps Trixie thought that Twi was double-naked?

Why aren't you uploading your drawing to DA?

I don't usually upload rough, sketchy stuff to DA, but I'll upload that one if ya want :D. I usually tend to upload finished, colored stuff like the Miss Spelling drawing I did a while ago.

Oh damn. Power flashing already. I might not make those races.


EDIT: Maybe....maybe beginning a PS3 firmware update with unstable power is a bad idea. I just hope it holds out long enough. It only flashed once, so I'm guess whatever tree branch or whatever bumped the line no longer exists.

EDIT: 98% installed
>Yay, it's going to-
>Power out.

Oh 🤬.

EDIT: Haha, it just barely made it.
It's like one of those close calls from the movie only far, far less exciting....if only something had exploded so I could not look at it.

Never leave home without it, brah. Or rather, always hook up your important electronics to one.

apc-ups-smartups-1500.jpg


Jennifer
Pink
4'2"
Her eyes are red.[/here_we_go_again]

Hey, as long as you agree that Twi's mane is dark blue...

Dash is absolutely a Jennifer. Almost stereotypically so.

Doesn't even have to be a Jennifer, she's the perfect candidate for any sort of Embarrassing Middle Name, not just a particularly girly one.

In any case, this brings one question, who is the tallest of the mane six?

Five minutes in Photoshop :D, measured from ear or horn down to hoof.

QuickieHeightchart.jpg


^Will do, Fluttershy.
Oh god.....when I first typed that I forgot the comma. Grammar: sometimes it prevents some pretty big misunderstandings.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What would Sigmund Freud think?

EDIT:
Holy 🤬, this wind is crazy. And it just so happens that it's hitting the side of the house with my bedroom windows, which also happens to be the side with a tree with the same trunk thickness as the one I posted, only it's taller, leaning toward my house, and branches off only 3 feet after leaving the ground, to form 3 full size trees from a single trunk.

Doesn't sound too safe. Or fun. Was this your first hurricane?


bronycomic11.png

The "plot" is always problematic.

A life-changing realization if there ever was one. :lol:



Why? Why? Why?


This was funny in a sort of self-loathing kind of way (I actually honest-to-god played Adventure 2 Battle this morning, mostly so I could say I played my Wii)

Man, I used to play the multiplayer on that game with my neighbor entirely waaay too much when it first came out.
 
MFW someone on Google+ said ponies are the least anthropomorphized things he's ever seen.
GaP%252520Annoyance.jpg


Apparently, if it isn't shaped like a human, it has no human characteristics....?
 
^ Mind to reshare that, so I can burn his statement to hell?

Also, in that Gala pic you are using for comparisons: Is it me, or Rarity and AJ seem to be one step closer than the others, and Pinkie & Fluttershy a step behind?
 
Back when it came out, I was still in school and pretty much at the mercy of my parents' wallet, which meant games only on my birthday or Xmas... Much later, when I got a job after high school, I was lucky enough to score a physical copy of the game, so I don't have to mess around emulation on PC or Wii... And I guess you're having the same controller problems I was having with another N64 Treasure game on the Wii: Sin & Punishment.
Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy are also pretty hard to play on anything without a proper floating D-Pad (like real controllers have), I've noticed. Even Treasure Land Adventure suffers a bit, but the platforming in that one was never as precise as the other two so it isn't as bad.

Never leave home without it, brah. Or rather, always hook up your important electronics to one.

apc-ups-smartups-1500.jpg
I bought one of those (well, not one of those, but a UPS all the same) at the end of March and hooked my PS3 and TV up to it. Week and a half later, power surge blew up my laptop's PSU (which I still haven't replaced, but I probably won't until the Sim City 4 urges become too much to bear).

What ya' gonna do?


Doesn't even have to be a Jennifer, she's the perfect candidate for any sort of Embarrassing Middle Name, not just a particularly girly one.
I've just never even heard of someone named Jennifer who wasn't a ridiculous tomboy.

Though Jessica is a good alternative.



Five minutes in Photoshop :D, measured from ear or horn down to hoof.

QuickieHeightchart.jpg
FOV differences. They aren't all standing directly inline with each other (for example, Fluttershy is farthest back and Rarity is the closest), and the animators probably scaled them accordingly.


Also, 'Dat font.


Why? Why? Why?
Turnabout is fair play.

Man, I used to play the multiplayer on that game with my neighbor entirely waaay too much when it first came out.
I only play it for City Escape and Radical Highway. Everything else I simply cannot bring myself care about, but those two levels blow my mind every time I play them.

And I'm embarrassed to say how many hours I have on my save game for it.


MFW someone on Google+ said ponies are the least anthropomorphized things he's ever seen.
To be fair, they aren't that antro, and the humanized traits that they do have are put through an anime filter.
 
Last edited:
Never leave home without it, brah. Or rather, always hook up your important electronics to one.

Well since I don't own a desktop I was just sitting here with my laptop while my sister had to restart her computer in the next room every 30 minutes until she gave up.
I love batteries.

Although, the day I've got money to drop on a high end rig I'll be buying something like that as soon as I can.

Five minutes in Photoshop :D, measured from ear or horn down to hoof.


QuickieHeightchart.jpg
Rarity is closer to the screen. not by much, but I feel like it could be enough to make up for the difference.
And you measured to the bottom of their shoes.
[/pointless nitpickery]


Doesn't sound too safe. Or fun. Was this your first hurricane?
Everything went pretty well. Only a few large trees fell, no major damage to anyone in my neighborhood.
As far as I can remember Isabel was just a really powerful tropical storm when it hit. So if that's right, yeah, this is my first Hurricane. (First Hurricane and Earthquake in one week? The hell is this?)
But it wasn't even close to as bad as Isabel. A few extra MPH winds doesn't make much difference when compared to the 8ft storm surge we got with Isable.



^ Mind to reshare that, so I can burn his statement to hell?

Not sure where it was. It's buried deep, deep down in the posts. I was lurking for a while and it was pretty far back there. It wasn't the main post, it was one of the comments and I'm not sure what post it was on. There are so many people talking about furries(and how much they hate/love/feel neutral toward them) I just don't remember.


To be fair, they aren't that antro, and the humanized traits that they do have are put through an anime filter.
True, but to go as far as saying they're the least anthropomorphic characters he's ever seen is taking it a bit far unless he's never watched a cartoon until now.


EDIT: Oh damn. I've seen Bronies dishing out hate before, but calling people stupid for dying in a hurricane "....with all the warnings there were before it hit land..."? Wow, I find my Bronies circle growing smaller and smaller every day.
 
Last edited:
Back