The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,769,709 views
Sorry Toro, I'll get a new image if you want.

That's definitely 20% cooler.
47535%252520-%252520morning_ponies%252520pajama%252520rainbow_dash%252520yawn.png
 
Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind
 
One thing I hate about EDaily is that you never have the slightest clue when your fanfic'll reach the top, and get posted. Not even a vague time. :(
 
When did regular akira end and crazy, borderline-incoherent (and also a girl) akira start, if you don't mind me asking? After you went to bed Wednesday?

Since here.
(I usually think that stuff but I keep it to myself)

That explains the two day's ago nonsense.

My irrational nonsense is actually a bit more rational.

Besides, this question was already suspicious:

Update it?, it hasn't been updated since the first days of August, and I don't want to use the story archive and the descriptions on ED, they are kind of loose and the comments spoil a lot of things.

But she does known how to stay in character. Apart from that, a lot of stuff seems to be edited, so if there was something offensive or something like that my apologies.

Thanks to Racedude I managed to catch her, not a bold move I must say.



Nice selection of Pics I have to say.

ED
Seth is loosing it as well. :lol:
 
Last edited:
But she does known how to stay in character. Apart from that, a lot of stuff seems to be edited, so if there was something offensive or something like that my apologies.
There was a complete... well, the word isn't AUP friendly (it rhymes with "luster duck"), but it wasn't anything offensive. Don't worry about it.































*looks around*

*coast seems clear*


53077%20-%20applejack%20gala_meme%20rainbow_dash%20spitfire.png



*runs*
 
*Approves lesbians*

*Doesn't Approve lack of ménage*

53232%20-%20Batman%20applejack%20gala_meme%20joker%20rainbow_dash.jpg


*Approves Batman*
 
^^After 4 hours of waiting, you finally posted it :lol:

Some of the other Gala images aren't AUP friendly whatsoever though (you should know which ones I'm talking about).



And I'm not surprised to see that Luna image (#2) added to the latest drawfriends, although these 2 are my favourites:
octaviaaaaaaa_by_kurokaji11-d48oo1j.png


52919+-+artist+raikoh14+candle+fluttershy+twilight_sparkle.png
 
Fluttershy's face...why does the monikor "Flutterape" come to mind?
 
^Because this fandom has destroyed our minds?
 
Eh, not really pony-loving. The fandom took the purity of MLP, and blitzed it with some good ol' fashioned college-age mental corruption.

/Edit/

Where does 1080p MLP footage come from anyway? The Hub isn't even HD...
 
Eh, not really pony-loving. The fandom took the purity of MLP, and blitzed it with some good ol' fashioned college-age mental corruption.

/Edit/

Where does 1080p MLP footage come from anyway? The Hub isn't even HD...

There is a HD Hub I think... well on a clip I watched it said "your watching the HUB in HD"

also I edited my last post!
 
Look Before You Sleep, haughty Rarity has such an awesome voice. XD
 
Oh cool, because old Transformers cartoons and flash animation make the most of it. XD

Then again, Americans still use CRTs,don't they?
 
Then again, Americans still use CRTs,don't they?
If they haven't upgraded their televisions in the last ten years, yes. Our household, for example, has 2 LCDs, one of those million pound CRT HDTVs and two SDTVs.
 
Wow. So I just went on BMN right now. Late for the movies of course. I didn't say anything in chat, but I got greeted by a regular. ^.^
I expressed my surprise to which the regular said he knows me from GTP. I thought it's one of you guys, but nope it's a regular.

Show yourself Da****e!

Also: Yay, we're famous!


EDIT: great, a part of the name gets censored.
 
Ask pinkamina.

Learn a lesson.
(*Don't spoil*)


Anyway.

This is confusing:
131473247785.jpg


This is inspiring:
131476368252.jpg


And that is all.
 
If they haven't upgraded their televisions in the last ten years, yes. Our household, for example, has 2 LCDs, one of those million pound CRT HDTVs and two SDTVs.

PEOPLE MAKE THOSE!?

I have never seen one before! And probably never will, to be honest.

Also, I think due to huge amounts of adorkable Twilight, and haughty Rarity, Loo Before You Sleep just powered up my favourites episodes list.
 
If they haven't upgraded their televisions in the last ten years, yes. Our household, for example, has 2 LCDs, one of those million pound CRT HDTVs and two SDTVs.


I want to comment, but I'll feel like an ass for how many LCDs we have. The answer is 9.....

Of course, that number will take a huge dive once I'm on my own.



Although, we use to have a fat ass DLP that we got rid of because we were tired of replacing the bulb. Heavy thing, those DLP TVs.

Last time I saw any tubes was when I evicted those people from their apartment about a month ago. And as soon as it hit the curb the neighbors were on it like flies on 🤬. So yeah, people still have them, just not if they bought an unused TV in the past 10 years.
 
Last edited:
We overtook the general anime thread in number of views.
I'm not saying this to rub it in to anyone, just saying that this thread is extremely popular for its age.

Ponies are great. :D
 
I want to comment, but I'll feel like an ass for how many LCDs we have. The answer is 9.....
Although, we use to have a fat ass DLP that we got rid of because we were tired of replacing the bulb. Heavy thing, those DLP TVs.

Genuinely had to google DLP...

I have...two 19-22" TVs in the kitchen and sister's room, a 40" in my brothers, a 32" in mine. Parents have a...46" Sammy plasma in their room, and another Sammy 50" plasma in the living room.

Four LCDs, two Plasmas, and I'd call that fairly run-of-the-mill. CRTs will cease to exist in Britain in the next year, the Digital Switchover is making sure of that. We never even considered HDCRTs, the HD revolution here existed purely for large-screen TVs, that're only feasible in flat-screen technologies.
 
Genuinely had to google DLP...

When I say DLP though, I don't mean one of these:
viewsonic-short-throw-dlp-projector.jpg


I mean one of these:
DLP%2061.GIF

MITSUBISHI-ELECTRIC-WD60C9-60-DLP-HDTV-Side.jpg


Heavy ass thing needs a new bulb once a year at around $250 a piece.
It's less weight than a CRT, only it's got most of it's weight toward the small end at the back, making it a bitch to carry.
 
Ask pinkamina.

Learn a lesson.
(*Don't spoil*)

Que?



I just, like, did a flying dive to check and it hasn't updated since "Paper or Plastic."


Although, we use to have a fat ass DLP that we got rid of because we were tired of replacing the bulb. Heavy thing, those DLP TVs.
My grandma has a 42" DLP and a 34" CRT (the same one we have, actually). Both of them HDTV's. I bet the CRT weighs double what the DLP weighs.

PEOPLE MAKE THOSE!?

I have never seen one before! And probably never will, to be honest.
I don't think they make them anymore, but we've got one of those 16:9 Sony WEGAs or whatever the hell they are called that dates back to 2005 or something like that. Absolutely beautiful picture, but I swear the thing has to weigh at least 200 pounds.

I almost bought a used one for my bedroom, but I ultimately decided to go for an 40" 42" LCD instead. I actually lucked out and got one that supports 240p natively, so I made the right choice.


We never even considered HDCRTs, the HD revolution here existed purely for large-screen TVs, that're only feasible in flat-screen technologies.
CRT HDTVS are flat screen. They're just flat screen and about 3 feet of space behind them.
 
Last edited:
I bet the CRT weighs double what the DLP weighs.

It's more the balance that makes it an issue.
Imagine a CRT only all of the weight behind the glass was removed. It's half the weight, but it's so unpredictable it really doesn't matter...
And we use to have a 34" CRT now that I think about it. I was really young though. I remember my parents wouldn't let me help move it because if they dropped on me I probably would've died.
 
Sorry, we class LCDs/plasmas as flat-screen over here, as old CRTs had a curve. Easiest way to describe them. In fact, people are starting to call LCDs a bit chunky over here. LED TVs, especially Samsung, are so wafer thin that they're just...sexy.

But yeh, Sony's a brand I've lost trust in TV wise. Panasonic and Samsung appear to be producing much better merch, cheaper. Their LCDs are just so...bland, there's no vibrancy in the pallet, it's just so lacklustre. Sammies are making wafer-thin TVs with vibrant pallets, whereas Panasonic are just making suave-looking little numbers with a damnedd good picture on them.

But yeh, haven't seen a CRT in years. It may be wise to end this TV conversation here, I can talk for years on the buggers. Hate what my job has done to me.
 
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-theres-hope-for-spike.jpg


You know.....I never really though about the mechanics of that, but I will never look at Donkey the same way again.....ever.
 
But yeh, Sony's a brand I've lost trust in TV wise. Panasonic and Samsung appear to be producing much better merch, cheaper. Their LCDs are just so...bland, there's no vibrancy in the pallet, it's just so lacklustre. Sammies are making wafer-thin TVs with vibrant pallets, whereas Panasonic are just making suave-looking little numbers with a damnedd good picture on them.

I have a Sony TV that's great.
It is about 13 years old though, so that may have something to do with it.
 
^I like that they had to specify that it didn't support 3D.


HOLY 🤬......196 POUNDS?!?
 
Back