The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,765,459 views
I have a Sony TV that's great.
It is about 13 years old though, so that may have something to do with it.

Most likely a CRT? They made good CRTs, market-leading, in fact. But at least, over here, they didn't quite leap onto LCDs as quick as other manufacturers, and they've always seemed to be a little behind. Their frame design is forgettable, doesn't stand out at all. The picture quality can be put to shame by a cheap equivalent LG or Toshiba. They're simply not what they were.

And why they decided to abandon plasma altogether, I'll never bloody know.

/Edit/

Oh wow, a Trinitron!
 
Imo, best thing on the market is a Pioneer plasma. They don't even make them anymore, but those puppies were years ahead of their time. Panasonic hired the engineers working on them, and it's slowly bleeding into their products. But trust me, those things are just...amazing.

/Edit/

Anyone else noticed a lack of Unit-One today? Maybe he's locked himself in a room to draw another pile of awesome pics for his DA. XD
 
Why exactly are we talking about TV's again? :lol:
 
I commented saying that it's pointless the Hub being in HD if all it plays is cartoons.

Then remembered a rumourthat HDCRTs are big in America, and snowballed from there. Like I said, I could talk forever on TVs I love and hate. XD
 
Oh great. It sounds very fun and all, but I should really go to sleep.
Good night.

scan0005-resize.jpg
 
Yeh, I think I'm gunna post-neuter myself:
628.jpg


Or just...sleep...yeh:
sleeping_lyra_by_bronyontheway-d42e7md.png
 
This is GTP. On topic discussion generally isn't as important as plain old good discussion.

HOLY 🤬......196 POUNDS?!?
I told you.



Our living room has one of those absolute monster Mitsubishi projection screen TVs in it. Pretty sure its this one (in fact, the huge screen size is basically the only reason we haven't upgraded that TV to a "real" HDTV yet). I can tell you right now that it isn't anywhere near as difficult to move around as the Trinitron is when you need to fiddle with wires.


Then remembered a rumourthat HDCRTs are big in America
They were never big (well, speaking metaphorically. They were actually quite huge literally). But DLPs were always awful, terrible things; so when HD was first introduced as a potential standard you either got a potentially impractical hugetastic rear projection TV, a smaller (and generally no-expense-spared/nigh-indestructible) CRT HDTV or you saved money and got a crapbox DLP that would blow up every six months. By the time LCDs came down in price enough that they were viable, CRTs were dead.
 
Last edited:
This....is what we have in our living room.

And I realized while taking the picture, that if I size a picture right, I can make a pony appear on screen to-scale.....I would have done it, but my parents had just got home. They know I'm a Brony, but that still would have looked weird with me standing beside a life size Twilight while taking a picture.

And we've got Verizon, so I just trolled my parents from upstairs by making that "Just kidding, I posted Luna" picture appear on the screen from my phone while they were watching TV.

I love technology.


EDIT: And then, after having this phone for months, I just now figured out it has a front facing camera.
 
Do you have Sharp over there? We have an "old" aquos (a non quadtron panel), and personally I can't find TVs in store that have a better picture.
 
We have Sharp...to laugh at.

@Akira

Yeh, you're looking at the very tip of a bloody long iceberd, but an amazing iceberg wtih it.
 
Good god. It was perfect. Which shouldn't be possible, because Trixie wasn't in this chapter, but it still was. How. How could this happen. Why is Trixie/Twilight/Luna's kid so damn interesting to read about?




It is only the most pedantic of technicalities that keeps this story out of my Top 3. For realz.
 
Silly Midnight, Twilight would never let you read that book.

That is very much like finding the Kama Sutra in your mother's room...Permanent. Mental. Scars.

Now this is my real sleep time, unless, I dunno, I check EDaily before I log and Past Sins cracks out an epilogue or something.
 
Good news everyone!

I found out how to Chroma Key in my video editor!
 
Green screen time?

Indeed but you dont need a green screen although it would make the effect look better! I should be able to use it in my next PMV kinda maybe (now I need to learn how to do it in Sony Vegas because i'm sure it would look more pro if I did it there!)
 
53266%20-%20applejack%20gala_meme%20punching_meme%20rainbow_dash%20spitfire.png

AH-TATATATATA!​






I think I'm going to have to use Photoshop magic to make that AJ stance a future avatar profile picture.
 
*Stop deviating*



That was good, surprisingly good. I'm smiling like an idiot, probably it was that good.

It works somehow, maybe is too different from what I have get used to.
I hope you didn't start with Moonlight Over Midnight. That's the third story out of a series of four.
 
I hope you didn't start with Moonlight Over Midnight. That's the third story out of a series of four.

That's exactly what I did.

(*Flips table*)

Actually that explains a lot.



And the same spambot twice?, they are becoming more common.
 
Last edited:
We have Sharp...to laugh at.

Exploit%252520This.png


Sharp TV's aren't bad, well the one I have isn't at least. It's a damn sight better than the "19 LCD TV in my bedroom, which is an extremely obscure TV brand that almost no one has heard of.


As for HDCRTs, I've only ever seen evidence of them being sold here in a mail order catalogue about 6 years ago, and they weren't that large ("22 if I recall). Also, around the time my parents bought that extremely heavy and overly expensive "36 Toshiba CRT, there were a lot of rear projection TVs being sold in UK electrical stores (2003/04), although I haven't seen any being sold here in the past 5 years or so. CRTs all but died out in the UK a few years ago (although I know of one shop that might still sell them).



And there is a distict lack of pony in this post, so here:
53310%20-%20rainbow_dash_apple_jack.png
 
This thread just be piling on the spambots. The price of fame?



That's exactly what I did.

(*Flips table*)

Out in the Cold is the first story. Shades of Midnight is the second.


There is also a sidestory to Shades of Midnight that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of this continuity (so you can ignore it if you want), but is a nice read nonetheless.
 
The King - We are under attack by the evil forces of spamming...
Gwonam - It is written only the Report button can defeat spamming!
Link - Great!!
 
This thread just be piling on the spambots. The price of fame?

There is an algorithm that reads post traffic, if it matches the criteria the spambot is sent in, that explains some of the visitors, which could be the programs that read post traffic, the other visitors are probably BronyCray.

Out in the Cold is the first story. Shades of Midnight is the second.


There is also a sidestory to Shades of Midnight that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of this continuity (so you can ignore it if you want), but is a nice read nonetheless.

So it is:

>Out in the Cold (Long...)
>Shades of Midnight
>(Sidestory, Cries In The Autumn Wind I suspect)
>Moonlight Over Midnight
>Midnight and Shimmer's Guide to Dating
>A Young Pony’s Guide To Dating

Pretty massive, I will read the other stories through the week during the lunch breaks.



Apart from that, this made me laugh so hard:

131509897143.jpg



I'm not sure about this kind of shipping, seems a bit wrong.


And I guess that's it for tonight, I'm going out, spending Saturday night at home isn't my thing.

4524e77a288bfe6c247412e3f02c4162-d47aypn.png

Goodnight everyone.
 
Last edited:
Back