The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,753,852 views
I'm awake, it can only mean 1 thing...
time_for_ponies-(n1301554958733).jpg
 
Morning%252520AJ.png


That thread was actually quite interesting, I mean "irremediable jerk", that's the first time I hear that classification about her, however the fandom did create a twisted version of her. I'm pretty sure she has NPD symptoms(not sure about NPD itself, I never found more than the four basic classes) but "irremediable jerk" seems like a better(well simpler) definition for her.

However the fandoom would not be the same without her.
52345%252520-%252520artist%252520semehammer%252520humanized%252520pinkie_pie%252520shrugpony.jpg






*checks ED*

🤬, that's two more added to the queue.




Edit: Ask Pinkamena kind of sucked today. Recycled two jokes from two previous updates, but didn't even execute them (lololololololololololol) as well as they originally were. Starting to think the combined juggernaut of Ask Berry Punch, Ask Cheerilee and Ask Ruby Pinch (which are all done by the same guy so they are totally comparable. Edit: Ask Ruby Pinch might not be, but it does lean on the other two for the jokes) are better.
 
Last edited:

This is actually really well done.


And I love this.
 
Actually I want to see lyra/bom-bom tumblr, but I haven't seen that yet.

And AppleJack did become the best pony for Toronado, I was expecting a strong response but the lack of response was unexpected, either that I was right about her.

Posting from the Linux-thing again, I'm kind of bored and lately I'm rushing things out so, meh, I need to get back to work.
 
And AppleJack did become the best pony for Toronado, I was expecting a strong response but the lack of response was unexpected, either that I was right about her.
Or we've already had this discussion before, or that I'm lazy, or that I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about in the first place, or that I'm burning through stories as fast as I can before Heart of Gold updates later today so I don't have time to respond right now. Take your pick.



Applejack probably being the best isn't near being the reason, though.
 
Good morning afternoon (still haven't found a wake up image).

Actually I want to see lyra/bom-bom tumblr, but I haven't seen that yet.

Ask Lyra and BonBon doesn't update very often. There were supposed to be some updates posted on the Lyra/BonBon tumblr account last week, but that never happened by the look of it.
 
Thinking of making Moon Over The Castle (GT4 or GT5 Version) into a PMV... I'm not sure how that would work though
 
Thinking of making Moon Over The Castle (GT4 or GT5 Version) into a PMV... I'm not sure how that would work though

I had the same idea a while back (for the GT4 Version). I don't think the lack of vocals would make it any harder to create, but selecting the right scenes from the show would prove to be more challenging. I guess if you put some time into making it and choose the right scenes to use, then I reckon the resulting PMV would be, well... awesome.

So which version of MOTC would you prefer to use?
 
Good evening!

And Good Morning at the same time!
good_morning_dinky_doo_by_johnjoseco-d49ngb1.png

source


Hey, I won 1st place in Midnight Gala outfit desighn!


*back to drawing Twilight Sparkle*
 
Ask Lyra and BonBon doesn't update very often. There were supposed to be some updates posted on the Lyra/BonBon tumblr account last week, but that never happened by the look of it.

Yeah, I saw it and there is plenty of potential wasted on that one, cool jokes might get out from that tumblr account though, and I saw the pinkamina one, was kind of disappointing, maybe the guy is running out of ideas or needs more time, in any case you might draw but you cant think jokes and draw at the same time(well maybe MadMax).

Or we've already had this discussion before, or that I'm lazy, or that I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about in the first place, or that I'm burning through stories as fast as I can before Heart of Gold updates later today so I don't have time to respond right now. Take your pick.

Now that I remember, we haven't had this discussion, there was a discussion about NPD and Trixie but it wasn't about Trixie herself(now that I think about it in a more calmed, less ponified way), it was more about NPD, that's how I see it.

But there is no point in that, we all know how Trixie is, pretty simple and pretty exploitable for fics.

I'm liking the JP only GT5 one



Good choice, but Wiegert's idea of using a cool smooth jazz for a friend-ship AMV doesn't sound too bad either, for an epic trailer I recommend something like classical orchestra or maybe something from Hans Zimmer(but is kind of overused), MOTC GT4 intro fits best for something "epic".



^ And that is awesome.

(*Leaves workstation*)
 
Hey, I won 1st place in Midnight Gala outfit desighn!

Nice! I love that pic of Star Fighter, you got the shading just perfect, and the lineart looks sweet too...

*back to drawing Twilight Sparkle*

My curiosity is piqued.
 
I'm liking the JP only GT5 one

So you're really considering using the full length version? It's just that 6:13 seems like quite a stretch if you ask me.

Hey, I won 1st place in Midnight Gala outfit desighn!

Congrats. That Star Fighter's Gala jacket drawing is one of your best pieces in my opinion.

MOTC GT4 intro fits best for something "epic".

True that. I would rather see someone create a PMV which uses the orchestral version of the GT4 intro. That's not to say that the Japanese GT5 intro isn't any good, I just happen to prefer the GT4 version.
 
I'm always kind of worried when I read a story that everyone seems to love, and from the very beginning I absolutely hate it. It makes me think that I missed something.

Now that I remember, we haven't had this discussion, there was a discussion about NPD and Trixie but it wasn't about Trixie herself
I'm not sure how that is any different. The previous conversation basically boiled down to "These symptoms are what an NPD suffer is generally required to have, and these are the traits that Trixie has. Compare and Contrast."

Hey, I won 1st place in Midnight Gala outfit desighn!
Congratulations.

👍
 
Last edited:
@Toro

Depends what you hate, I mean, I know from experience that alot of people will just say a fic is good without any real thought as to why they think that.

/Edit/

Hmmm, Discord is different to how I imagined him, yet refreshingly different. Appears the writers aren't one-trick ponies when it comes to evil two-parter villains.
 
Last edited:
Capture.PNG


Not stylish enough, I'm pretty sure I will be hating that outfit.

Time for today's HNNNNNG.
131580450308.jpg
 
Depends what you hate
Celly being a manipulative bitch whose meddling drove Applejack to a nervous breakdown. Story ends as if it never even happened.



There's a lot more to it than that, of course, but that specific theme kept repeating in my mind to the extent that I couldn't gleam any enjoyment out of what was otherwise a very well written story. It even managed to have a very nicely-done scene where Prince Douche calls Rarity out for being a hypocrite while she was attempting to dress him down for his behavior at the Gala.
 
I have to admit Toro, evil Celestia who shunts people into emotional breakdowns sounds pretty funny. XD

Also, I'm currently writing like a boss to get three chapters up tomorrow for my 3K day. EWZ chapter is done, next Allegrezza, then WotS.

Good thing is, I can then upload Allegrezza, and maybe EWZ, to EDaily.
 
Ok I don't think i'll be able to pull moon over the castle off.. With the length of the song I will end up rushing through it!

I need to find another song... :indiff:
 
I just got told I am horrifically anti-Japanese...which sadly...is kinda true. Apart from their electricals, art styles, some of their music, and anything that isn't an anime plot.
 
Thinking of making Moon Over The Castle (GT4 or GT5 Version) into a PMV... I'm not sure how that would work though

A%252520New%252520Twist%252520On%252520An%252520Old%252520Image.jpg


Good evening!

Hey, I won 1st place in Midnight Gala outfit design!

Pinkie_Pie_Party.JPG

Congratulations! 👍

Ok I don't think i'll be able to pull moon over the castle off.. With the length of the song I will end up rushing through it!

I need to find another song... :indiff:

This version makes three minutes, average PMV length.

 
@Dylans

If not, do Under Cover of Night, or A Walk in the Woods. I'm deliberating between thse two for my death song on another forum...
 
Ok I don't think i'll be able to pull moon over the castle off.. With the length of the song I will end up rushing through it!

I need to find another song... :indiff:

If it is for "epic" you can try with this edit(tree'd or whatever by Racedude), maybe by using black-out-fading-scenes-change you can extent some time, a trick that can also be used is involve the MLP logo while the silence is present and then a fading scene when the chorus starts, and then take it how you want afterwards, my knowledge in this area is pretty poor but something like that could work to gain more time in less edits or scenes(a trick I learn while making an educational video back in my college days).



And no one likes loose ends in stories, unless they are going to be used for parallel works, but inconsistency is unacceptable unless is the original intention.
 
Last edited:
I have to admit Toro, evil Celestia who shunts people into emotional breakdowns sounds pretty funny. XD
It wasn't supposed to be, though. That's the problem.









Ask Scootaloo isn't anywhere near as funny as I thought it would be. Its even darker than Ask Pinkamena, but it leans almost entirely on shock value rather than actual humour. Starting to make me wonder if crookedtrees basically blew the entire supply of jokes from the concept with the Fluttershy quagmire.





Edit: Dammit, akira. The "Manehattan/Trixie/Entertainer" thing was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose.
 
Last edited:

Hey, I won 1st place in Midnight Gala outfit desighn!
Congrats, you deserve it, that design is awesome.👍

*back to drawing Twilight Sparkle*
I'm looking forward to seeing this.



Ask Scootaloo isn't anywhere near as funny as I thought it would be. Its even darker than Ask Pinkamena, but it leans almost entirely on shock value rather than actual humour. Starting to make me wonder if crookedtrees basically blew the entire supply of jokes from the concept with the Fluttershy quagmire.

Link?

I'm following 1 ask-Scootaloo thing, but it's anything but dark.
 
I'll have A go with the 3 minute version as for length that isn't bad at all I just need to decide on content and rhythm also which 6 episodes to use for editing as well!
 
Why 6 episodes?
 
Why 6 episodes?

My editor can't allow any more... it's the fact that each episode has aprx. 300-400 scenes in them and my video editor can only handle around 2400 scenes on a single project
 
Back