The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,753,852 views
I say you use the link akira gave you, mine lacks the outro.

I might also say, although it may sound cliché, you can use The Legend of The Mare in The Moon for the intro.
 
Link?

I'm following 1 ask-Scootaloo thing, but it's anything but dark.

Hesitant to give you one. It's an Ask Pinkamena side-tumblr, like Ask Ruby Pinch and Ask Cheerilee are to Ask Berry Punch, and you expressed... distaste towards the Ask Pinkamena one.
 
I managed to sneak a jab at Twilight Fanfic writers in Allegreza. Oh joys, now that's EWZ and Allegrezza down, just WotS left and 3K day is go!
 
@Toro:
That's actually a good point. After spending the last 3 hours digging a big ditch I'm having trouble thinking things through.

Thanks for not just handing the link over straight away though.
 
Ask Scootaloo isn't anywhere near as funny as I thought it would be. Its even darker than Ask Pinkamena, but it leans almost entirely on shock value rather than actual humour. Starting to make me wonder if crookedtrees basically blew the entire supply of jokes from the concept with the Fluttershy quagmire.

Ask Scootaloo the Sadist doesn't interest me really, and it's definitely got a darker edge to it than Ask Pinkamena. I might keep tabs on it just to see how it progresses, but I don't expect it to become as interesting as any of the other MLP tumblr accounts.


Also, I'll refrain from watching that spoiler. I already know what Discord looks like thanks to the images of him being uploaded on Ponibooru before they were marked as "questionable", and I don't wish to see any more spoilers until season 2 starts.
 
Last edited:
anypony know a good sad fic to make you cry
 
anypony know a good sad fic to make you cry
Need moar info.

Ask Scootaloo the Sadist doesn't interest me really, and it's definitely got a darker edge to it than Ask Pinkamena. I might keep tabs on it just to see how it progresses, but I don't expect it to become as interesting as any other MLP tumblr accounts.
Assuming crookedtrees did burn out, though, I'm not that bothered by it because the Berry Punch/Cheerilee pair may be even funnier. I went through them about an hour ago and absolutely lost it several times.
 
Awww, I quite liked Ask Pinkamina...

Also, I know many good sad fics, but what flavour of sad be you seeking?
 

Edit: Dammit, akira. The "Manehattan/Trixie/Entertainer" thing was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose.

Maybe it was your subconscious, I mean:

The Ballad.-> Manehattan -> Trixie -> Entertainer -> Twlight -> shipping.
YBYF........-> Manehattan -> Trixie -> Entertainer -> Twlight -> no shipping.

Event CoffeGrunt feel into that "creative" trap, maybe it lacked the Twixie on the after party in ponyville.

Also, I'll refrain from watching that spoiler. I already know what Discord looks like thanks to the images of him being uploaded on Ponibooru before they were marked as "questionable", and I don't wish to see any more spoilers until season 2 starts.

Haven't seen anything related to the season 2, my mind has been in another world(almost legally speaking) during the last few days, is five days from today so I'll avoid any spoiler.



Apart from that, this is the creative process course that every fanfic writer on this fandom should take:
131584932374.png


And how can I explain this is the most reasonable way, WTF, seriously WTF.
(*Doesn't want to live in this planet anymore*)
 
Maybe it was your subconscious, I mean:

The Ballad.-> Manehattan -> Trixie -> Entertainer -> Twlight -> shipping.
YBYF........-> Manehattan -> Trixie -> Entertainer -> Twlight -> no shipping.
Why can't it simply be the face value reason: That I wanted to set it in the Hollywood area from the start but couldn't think of a pun name for it until I was almost done with Chapter 2? I still explicitly remember almost throwing out the whole thing when the Ballad similarities were pointed out to me.
 
Apart from that, this is the creative process course that every fanfic writer on this fandom should take:

*Replace Dashie with Trixie...equals my treatment.*

Maybe it was your subconscious, I mean:

The Ballad.-> Manehattan -> Trixie -> Entertainer -> Twlight -> shipping.
YBYF........-> Manehattan -> Trixie -> Entertainer -> Twlight -> no shipping.

Event CoffeGrunt feel into that "creative" trap, maybe it lacked the Twixie on the after party in ponyville.

Trixie never visited Manehatten...(this fact actually reaching prominence in Warmness on the Soul, making this an open spoiler. LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO NOW!)

It's kinda hard to not make Trixie an entertainer. I mean, having her being an actualy magician doesn't make sense, she is a showpony...an entertainer.

Also, what's "YBYF?"
 
YBYF/You Bet Your Flank (Toro's fanfic).

the Berry Punch/Cheerilee pair may be even funnier. I went through them about an hour ago and absolutely lost it several times.

I ought to take a look at the rest of those later. I've seen a few of them already which I found amusing.

Awww, I quite liked Ask Pinkamina...

So do I actually. She's seems to be everyones favourite sadist/kidnapper/murderer/cannibal :sick:

WTF, seriously WTF.
(*Doesn't want to live in this planet anymore*)

 
Just saw it.. I wont say anything other than this emoticon! :dunce:

Also I would use the content for my PMV but there is 2 problems
2. If I used it i'd probably become one of the most hated bronies for spoiling without warning

That is all..

Wait a few days, there's not much time before season 2.
 
Assuming crookedtrees did burn out, though, I'm not that bothered by it because the Berry Punch/Cheerilee pair may be even funnier. I went through them about an hour ago and absolutely lost it several times.

According to Ponibooru comments scootaloo the sadist is not drawn by crookedtrees but someone imitating the style.
 
And how can I explain this is the most reasonable way, WTF, seriously WTF.
(*Doesn't want to live in this planet anymore*)



So.....
55055%252520-%252520Sweetie_Belle%252520animated%252520apple_bloom%252520scootaloo%252520unsee.gif

Didn't think I'd get much chance to use that.









PedobearPeekLeft.png
 
Last edited:
Why can't it simply be the face value reason: That I wanted to set it in the Hollywood area from the start but couldn't think of a pun name for it until I was almost done with Chapter 2? I still explicitly remember almost throwing out the whole thing when the Ballad similarities were pointed out to me.

In the case of YBYF things work differently, the events and some elements of it(not only the setting) were quite similar, so it wasn't only the place which was somewhat altered with the use of ponified TV channel names.

Marewood could work, a bit weird but it could work.

*Replace Dashie with Trixie...equals my treatment.*

Trixie Pie?

Trixie never visited Manehatten...(this fact actually reaching prominence in Warmness on the Soul, making this an open spoiler. LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO NOW!)

It's kinda hard to not make Trixie an entertainer. I mean, having her being an actualy magician doesn't make sense, she is a showpony...an entertainer.

Also, what's "YBYF?"

In fact she didn't visit Manehattan but there are some similarities when you consider the setting [spoilers]1930's Chicago which is somewhat similar to a great busy city like Manehattan[/spoilers], and while I do consider that Trixie as entertainer is indispensable, I don't consider the "urban city environment" necessary unless the story is based or really needs such thing.
 
Oh yea just to inform you guys i'm sure ponibooru and ponychan will be flooding with season 2 sketches soon so I would probably recommend for you to stay away if you want to keep Season 2 a surprise.. Just my thought though
 
Trixie Pie?

Yeh, that's how it ends, and Warmness on the Soul continues that thread. Gotta hold my little Trinkie Pie flag up high.

Also, you don't really get the show must go on appeal from a small village. It was very much just a rags to riches story, where Trixie's entire persona was essentially Cassandra's. She inherited her theatricality, her fervour for attention, her wish to be famous. Also, it's set in Canterlot. ;)
 
About that, could anyone who posting the official preview images of season 2 post it as a marked link? I know we can't get much in the way of plot story just from those shots so far, but I'm worried that they might accidentally drop one that shows too much.
 
Yeh, that's how it ends, and Warmness on the Soul continues that thread. Gotta hold my little Trinkie Pie flag up high.

Also, you don't really get the show must go on appeal from a small village. It was very much just a rags to riches story, where Trixie's entire persona was essentially Cassandra's. She inherited her theatricality, her fervour for attention, her wish to be famous. Also, it's set in Canterlot. ;)

It is set in Canterlot, but it was written like the city on the spoiler, and it was pretty similar to the movie of the city of the spoiler.
 
Don't worry, Minty, Studio B have become professional trolls since discovering us bronies. They give us the vaguest, most inconsequential pics possible, and watch us speculate it to death.

Must say, watched the video, Discord will be pretty entertaining. I can't say what he's very similar to without giving away the possible plot, but he's both awesome and kinda badass.

It is set in Canterlot, but it was written like the city on the spoiler, and it was pretty similar to the movie of the city of the spoiler.

There's a movie called Chicago?

I thought it was just a musical...that I have genuinely never seen.
 
About that, could anyone who posting the official preview images of season 2 post it as a marked link? I know we can't get much in the way of plot story just from those shots so far, but I'm worried that they might accidentally drop one that shows too much.

The spoiler images are marked as "questionable" on Ponibooru, so you don't have to avoid that site for the next 4 days because you won't be able to see the spoilers (unless for whatever reason someone forgets to mark those images, but hopefully that won't happen again like it did earlier).
 
There's a movie called Chicago?

I thought it was just a musical...that I have genuinely never seen.

It is a movie based on the musical which is mostly a musical, its like one of those Xzibit things, I don't know why but it reminds me a lot of your fic.(the show, the stuff and the setting).
 
Gooood morning GTPlanet.
Good%252520Morning%252520Celestia.jpg


Today I'm going to try wiring my handbrake up... for the third time. If it doesn't work I might give up. It's just too expensive to keep trying.
 
Back