The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
194081%20-%20Artist%3AJoey_Darkmeat%20celestia%20spike%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

'Dat face now in color.

95400%20-%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20ask%20ask_molestia%20ask_princess_molestia%20celestia%20Molestia%20this_Man.png

Okay, I'm downloading Balloon Party now. Tried to download it earlier at school, but downloading a 511 megabyte file on a school computer is a bad idea, even if I got to 334MB by the time the bell dinged. Also, EFR interviewed Tara Strong. Yay.

Nice, except maybe for that odd crease in Apple Bloom's overalls. Also, is Apple Bloom missing a tooth? Also, parody music:

It's not bad. Sorry, but I can't remove what there is in the video title.

Looks like Balloon Party is on Bandcamp's top seller list right now. Ponies are winning! Too bad I wasn't around during the apparent many crashes. Oh well. Also, ponytails:

Also, bees.
194362%20-%20youcap%20Youtube_caption%20youtube_link.png

Carrot Cake has greenhouse gases.

Night.

Last edited:
194452%20-%20animated%20twilight_sparkle.gif

If anyone can track down a source for this I will give you all of my bits.

All of them.

But seriously. I need the source.

Need.

Thanks to Google I found it with reverse image search.

RizCifra is amazing. Really, really amazing.

Last edited:
I knew that before all of you.

:P

I wish he didn't constantly dump on himself, though. Considering he's one of the very best artists in the entire fandom, there's no reason for it.

:lol: Have you seen this man? My brother and his friends in their last year of school placed posters of that face with, "Have you seen this man?" on it, and whenever a teacher took one down, the next day or even later that day there would be one in the exact same place. Even after they left my sister carried on the tradition. They stuck one in one of the highest windows in the Library, and it stayed their for over a year.

I could say that I'm pretty good at getting my visualizations on to paper, which isn't wrong, but it's better to say that I know how the pony's supposed to look by the end and I do a bunch of rough lines and erasing before it looks right. After a while, you sort of get used to it, and as soon as I get all of my characters on to paper, I'll be working on different perspective.

Actually, pulled something like that off during a boring day in school, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it.

CIMG1656.jpg

Last edited:
Received a critique from CosmicUnicorn!

Not just a text critique but this!

a0f5ed1137e90522d0c8aef6964b3ba4-d52myi1.png

link

He has good points and I'm happy that he pointed out all my flaws.

Hmm... going to play with my picture. Maybe I can do something to it.

I wish the Android app let you scale pics as you view them, so I can read the text.

Still, I can tell just by looking at it that he put a lot of time and thought into it.

That's a pretty good insight into what can be done to improve your work, and I like how he put time and effort into altering that drawing and listing the changes he made. I do want to see if you take any of those tips on-board though, because I know that your style plus those small tweaks would look result in some great pieces.

Last edited:

I love that. It's pretty. In unrelated news, I celebrate a year of being on GTP today. I don't celebrate my pony anniversary until this October.

Gonna calculate my average number of posts daily after tonight, when I sign off for the night.

Also look, a non negative look at this very community:

Last edited:
I wish the Android app let you scale pics as you view them, so I can read the text.

Still, I can tell just by looking at it that he put a lot of time and thought into it.

Save the image using the menu button. Then you can just zoom in.

And it looks like he put a lot of work into helping you out with that, Valter.

After what Naveek said yesterday, I'm getting the Balloon Party album! :D

The whole album will be my custom GT5 playlist! :lol:

Back