The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to give the T-GT a Third go seeing the success It's had in the GT Sport Championships etc, Hoping the first two T-GT's I had were duds and that this one will be the lucky one!

Hi everybody,
I look for help all around. My T500rs, which was a present and which is used a long time by my brother, seems to have any technical problem.
Maybe a temperature problem or maybe a different reason.
The steering wheel is shutting down, when steering very intensive, e.g. while drifting. The more I steer, the faster it shuts off. It just switches off, Windows plays a sound, indicating an USB device was switched off, and the game displays, that no controller is connected. The steering wheels power supply needs to be disconnected for approx. 1 minute to reset it. Then it works again.
I recognized a phenomenon, which I ask someone of you to check on your own device:
This device is connected to PC USB port and the power supply is not plugged in.
If I now rotate the steering wheel fast the full 1080 deg, the control LED is flashes green and red and Windows plays a few times a sound, indicating an USB device is connected to the PC.
Is this normal? Or is this a fact for an electronical problem inside the T500rs?

Another question, does anybody know, where the temperature sensor is located, in case it should be an overheating problem?

The device is build in 2011.

Hope for your answer,
(and sorry for my English, I'm Not a native speaker ;-)
Regards Thomas

I recognized a phenomenon, which I ask someone of you to check on your own device:
This device is connected to PC USB port and the power supply is not plugged in.
Is the power supply unplugged from the wheel base or only from the power outlet? If it's the latter, it's normal as there's still electricity in the power supply (you see the blue light even after unplugging it from the power outlet). When you plug it to the PC, it still has power to detect that it should turn on, but then it uses all the powerl in a moment and shuts down.

About your owerheating. since you have the base from 2011 you have the old model with the small inefficient fan on the top. You can try asking Thrustmaster, if they can supply you a new fan or you can buy some 3rd party one and install it.

https://www.docdroid.net/hco8/t500-rs-new-fan-installation-en.pdf#page=12

Here are the official instructions how to do the modification (with the TH supplied fan). You can search around and find which 3rd party fans also fit as some people went that route.

Is the power supply unplugged from the wheel base or only from the power outlet? If it's the latter, it's normal as there's still electricity in the power supply (you see the blue light even after unplugging it from the power outlet). When you plug it to the PC, it still has power to detect that it should turn on, but then it uses all the powerl in a moment and shuts down.

About your owerheating. since you have the base from 2011 you have the old model with the small inefficient fan on the top. You can try asking Thrustmaster, if they can supply you a new fan or you can buy some 3rd party one and install it.

https://www.docdroid.net/hco8/t500-rs-new-fan-installation-en.pdf#page=12

Here are the official instructions how to do the modification (with the TH supplied fan). You can search around and find which 3rd party fans also fit as some people went that route.
Yes, the power supply is unplugged from the wheel base and then if rotate the steering wheel fast the full 1080 deg a few times in both directions, the control LED is flashes green and red and Windows plays a few times a sound, indicating an USB device is connected to the PC.
Is this normal? Can you reproduce the same with your device?

I think what you are seeing here is the main motor acting as a DC generator and feeding back into the circuitry..
Thanks for your fast answer, it sounds logical. But is it normal? Can someone reproduce it on his own device?
Is it a circuit board defect on my device?

Also once you order the pcb. They will send to your email an intruction picture of how you will replace the pcb. Also you need a little knowledge of soldering. Goodluck.

It's strange because when I asked to buy a PCB for a TSXW they denied and asked me to ship the whole base to France and pay 170€ plus shipping for that.

if your still under warranty. Thrustmaster must replace your tsxw. In regard to the pcb. Maybe after 5 years,i hope they will sell the part for the tsxw or the tspc.

It's not under warranty, but they should provide spare parts, not force people to pay excessive cost of repair that simply forces people to throw devices.
Is not sustainable, or ethical in my opinion. Capitalism at it's worst...

Hi everyone

Can someone please send me a picture of the power port pcb? Because i think a cable detached from it and i don't know where to weld it back. Thanks :cheers:

Hi everyone

Can someone please send me a picture of the power port pcb? Because i think a cable detached from it and i don't know where to weld it back. Thanks :cheers:

I have two T500 bases here. One my little son broke, i'm not pretty sure what to do, but if you didn't found what you're looking for, i may help you.

I have two T500 bases here. One my little son broke, i'm not pretty sure what to do, but if you didn't found what you're looking for, i may help you.
I need a picture of this pcb, if you could do that it would be awesome, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190802_204614.jpg
    IMG_20190802_204614.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 82
I need a picture of this pcb, if you could do that it would be awesome, thanks

Sorry for taking so long, mate. My wife changed the place where the fault base was and i couldn't find it, now i did.

So, i'm trying to upload the image but it keeps failing, maybe it's my internet connecting, these days it is really awnkaward.

If you want, send me a PM with you e-mail or phone number so i can send you the pics with WhatsApp.

Random question, sorry if it's been answered before can't really google a definitive answer, is the t300 rim compatible with the t500 base?

Random question, sorry if it's been answered before can't really google a definitive answer, is the t300 rim compatible with the t500 base?
It's not listed in the Ecosystem section on the Thrustmaster site. I'm not sure it would be because of how the PS button works on the T300 rim and the T500 one doesn't.

This is everything TM says is supported. Note: none have a PS button.
Untitledew.png

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t500rs

There is no SHARE or PS buttons on the T500 (even if you change the RIM). These 2 buttons can't works on this base. It works only with the T300 or the T-GT Base.

Back