The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Very nice sum up, skazz. And what you write about the T500 is spot on how it feels to me as well. I actually most of the time turn down the ffb, so maybe the T300 would be a slightly better wheel for me than the T500. But yeah, the TS-PC seems like the best choice, given that you also have the option of having stronger ffb.

I think I'll hold on to my buckazoids a little longer though, until that elusive DD wheel comes out of hiding.

Thank you very much, @skazz and @Whitestar.

Finally, today I got a second hand T500 with a good price, an unit bought on september 2015.

I know it's an older product compared with T300, and in spite of common sense say me that today is a best buy, I feel homesick from my old T500, with its big and ergonomic rim and those giant and noisy fixed paddles (although I know that T300 paddels are better to).

So, I have a new question:

... For me the most significant changes are much less noise...

What kind of noise was you refering, @Whitestar? Noise from motor/belt or from fan/cooling system?

Thanks again.

What kind of noise was you refering, @Whitestar? Noise from motor/belt or from fan/cooling system?
The fan noise. On my 2011 model it was like a jet fighter taking off. Ok that was a bit exaggerated, but it was really loud. On the new model it's much quieter.

Yours is a newer model (2015) and should have the quiet fan, so you should be good. :)

My left paddle recently stopped making the clicking sound but it still works fine, good to know I can replace them if need be... it seems they're out of stock ATM.
I bought my t500 used and I have put on quite a few hours on it, it's still going strong!

My left paddle recently stopped making the clicking sound but it still works fine, good to know I can replace them if need be... it seems they're out of stock ATM.
I bought my t500 used and I have put on quite a few hours on it, it's still going strong!
Simply try to dissasembly the paddle shifters. I did it this morning and the click returns. Try if the click returns after each advance unmounting.

So, i bought a T500(again!), i got the one with the F1 add on and a TH8A, now i'm looking for a rim.
There's a guy selling the Ferrari 458 GTE por a good price, but without the box, and a store that is selling the Alcantara Edition(that i just love) for the double of the first. Right now, i could afford the Alcantara, but that won't be a wise move.

So guys, is the 458 a good rim? :confused:

The biggest difference of the GTE rim is 28cm diameter versus the 30cm stock rim and 30cm alcantara rim. Otherwise the GTE rim has the same rubber coating as the stock T500 rim, although because it has the paddles mounted on the rim it is heavier and feels that slightly. I believe the GTE rim button layout is identical to the alcantara one, so the buttons are slightly closer to your hands on the GTE rim, but that shouldn't be an issue.

You can also compare the GTE and T300RS rims: They are identical in size, shape and use, just have a different button layout (PS4 buttons on the T300RS and T500RS stock rims making life easier for use with the playstation of course, but you adjust quickly enough). The Ferrari F1 rim is also effectively 28cm diameter for the hand positions, just without a round rim.

Personally I'd probably recommend just using the T500RS stock rim for road cars, and the F1 rim for race cars. Drifting road cars or playing with rally cars is actually easier with fixed paddles (and they are huge so you rarely need to move your hand to click a paddle under normal circumstances with road cars), so I really don't find there's any downside to using the stock rim for that. And you have paddles on the F1 rim for race cars.

In fact, I bought a GTE rim with my T500RS when new, and have barely ever touched the GTE rim. I just use the stock 30cm rim with no paddles.

EDIT: I just realized you meant you got the T500 integral so you don't have the T500 stock rim. In that case I'd recommend getting the alcantara one because it gives the better road car experience and you have the F1 rim for race cars.

Last edited:
The biggest difference of the GTE rim is 28cm diameter versus the 30cm stock rim and 30cm alcantara rim. Otherwise the GTE rim has the same rubber coating as the stock T500 rim, although because it has the paddles mounted on the rim it is heavier and feels that slightly. I believe the GTE rim button layout is identical to the alcantara one, so the buttons are slightly closer to your hands on the GTE rim, but that shouldn't be an issue.

You can also compare the GTE and T300RS rims: They are identical in size, shape and use, just have a different button layout (PS4 buttons on the T300RS and T500RS stock rims making life easier for use with the playstation of course, but you adjust quickly enough). The Ferrari F1 rim is also effectively 28cm diameter for the hand positions, just without a round rim.

Personally I'd probably recommend just using the T500RS stock rim for road cars, and the F1 rim for race cars. Drifting road cars or playing with rally cars is actually easier with fixed paddles (and they are huge so you rarely need to move your hand to click a paddle under normal circumstances with road cars), so I really don't find there's any downside to using the stock rim for that. And you have paddles on the F1 rim for race cars.

In fact, I bought a GTE rim with my T500RS when new, and have barely ever touched the GTE rim. I just use the stock 30cm rim with no paddles.

EDIT: I just realized you meant you got the T500 integral so you don't have the T500 stock rim. In that case I'd recommend getting the alcantara one because it gives the better road car experience and you have the F1 rim for race cars.

Hey Skazz, I wonder if you can help me as you have both T500 and T300.
Ive had the T500 version 1 for many years now and as it's quite noisy and old I decided to purchase the T300 servo. I was wondering if you know whether or not the T 300 servo has the wires and connections inside to attach the static paddles off my T500.
I've read a lot of your post about the difference between both models and the first thing I noticed was the weaker power in the T300 but as I've read in your post over the years it certainly is smoother.
Thanks for any info you may have about the paddles.

Yes, there are wires inside the front of the T300 which look like they could be for attaching fixed T500 paddles. And in theory the round panel through which the steering shaft is mounted is the same size on both so it probably transfers (on the T500 it obviously has holes at the sides for the paddles).

However I'm really not sure if there are appropriate mounting holes for the shifters themselves. And also not sure if those wires really will work or not, I've never read of anyone actually trying to transfer the paddles over.

I advise you to look through the various guides on the net for opening up the T500 and T300 and check for appropriate mount points before you try, and wish you luck :)

I would love to buy the Alcantara rim, but now, the money is problem, i had A LOT of problems because of my cockpit on the living room. She was kind OK with Stock Car Extreme cockpit(wich is beautiful), but my homemade cockpit is another story!! :lol::lol:

So, I'm planning in buy a TV instead of a cockpit or a rim.

There's a used T500 rim for sale too for something around U$ 121. Beleive me, it's cheap. The Alcantara one is something around U$ 426.
I really don't like the statics paddles, but i'll use the TH8A too. My reason says to buy the used T500 rim, i think i should listen to it, you know, for a change.

Yes, there are wires inside the front of the T300 which look like they could be for attaching fixed T500 paddles. And in theory the round panel through which the steering shaft is mounted is the same size on both so it probably transfers (on the T500 it obviously has holes at the sides for the paddles).

However I'm really not sure if there are appropriate mounting holes for the shifters themselves. And also not sure if those wires really will work or not, I've never read of anyone actually trying to transfer the paddles over.

I advise you to look through the various guides on the net for opening up the T500 and T300 and check for appropriate mount points before you try, and wish you luck :)

Thanks Skazz,
Illl open it up and have a look, I had read a while back that the cables where there but couldn't remember when or where I'd read it, thanks for confirming that.
When I get around to having a look ill report back as it could useful to someone else.

I found the old 2015 thread which includes a photo of those wires and proof of function: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t300-sequential-shifter-wiring.324121/
Top man !! Thank you very much,
Would you know if the Tpa3 pro pedals have versions like the t500 pedals did ?
The reason I ask is Thrustmaster's shop has them at 170 euros and here in spain there is a website called Zalem that do a lot of sim racing stuff that are selling them at 149 euros.
My t500 pedals are V1 and I've repaired them so many times thought I may replace them for that price.

The T3PA-Pro pedals are identical to late specification T500 pedals (I.e. With compression springs not torsion springs), except for two things:

1. Black instead of red logos on the pedal faces
2. You get the conical brake mod included

Your v1 pedals presumably have the old fragile torsion springs, so that alone will be a change for the better if you buy the T3PA-Pro pedals.

Well, I hope my pedal set don't brake these springs, because to find one here will be really a pain. I know that the potentiometers can fail, but there's a guy here that make really good ones, but springs... never saw anything about it.

The T3PA-Pro pedals are identical to late specification T500 pedals (I.e. With compression springs not torsion springs), except for two things:

1. Black instead of red logos on the pedal faces
2. You get the conical brake mod included

Your v1 pedals presumably have the old fragile torsion springs, so that alone will be a change for the better if you buy the T3PA-Pro pedals.

Just thought I'd report back in case anyone else is curious about swapping the static paddles from the T500 to the T300, it works perfectly it's a 15 minute job and very simple.
Skazz thanks for all of you help, I've ordered the TP3A pros, you were correct about the V1 torsion springs being fragile I have changed mine a few times over the years.

Hey, will the T500RS be supported in GT Sport on the PS4?

Edit.....
Sorry I've found the answer. Thrustmaster list Gran Turismo Sport as supported.

Last edited:
Hey, will the T500RS be supported in GT Sport on the PS4?

Edit.....
Sorry I've found the answer. Thrustmaster list Gran Turismo Sport as supported.

Really? I wonder why SMS are dragging their heels announcing T500 support for Project Cars 2 then?
Very strange.

Really? I wonder why SMS are dragging their heels announcing T500 support for Project Cars 2 then?
Very strange.
Heres the list of supported PS4 games for the T500RS. Project Cars 2 is there.

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7

Heres the list of supported PS4 games for the T500RS. Project Cars 2 is there.

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7

According to Codemasters themselves though, the T500 is not a supported wheel for Dirt 4.
I think it's days are numbered tbh.

Screenshot_20170731-222508.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and am looking for some advice on my T500.

My wheel is occasionally making a high pitched squeaking sound when turning. I've searched online but haven't been able to find any other examples of this issue. I've uploaded a video of the noise here -

Has anybody encountered this noise before or have any advice on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Ash

hello, I apologize for the inconvenience, I wanted to make the tutorial of seth francis sim racing for t500 and arduino nano button plate, and I have a problem of mapping, the directional pad does not work, it's button sui lights in the t500 controller, and the pun d-3-4-5-6-7 does not work at all, I just checked again the connections, those co are correct and the welds too, can be between the firmware 41 and the current 47, thrustmaster has changed its compatibility of its eco dysteme as there was concern between the rims (wheel) sorry my English is bad, I use the google translator ... I have no problem error during the upload, and I do not know the programming arduino ...
saw the 300 pages of this post, I can not find if it speaks about the problem of mapping button ...
still sorry to come like this ...
thank you and have a nice day to all ...

Hey all,

Does anyone have any info on using CSL Elite Pedals LC with the T500 wheel? Will it work pairing the 2?

Sorry for posting this here but I thought it better than the Fanatec thread?

TIA

On PC or console?

The CSL Elite Pedals LC come with USB cable and can be connected directly to PC.(no need for an adapter)
Ah, I should've said, PS4. I know they plug and play with PC and I also know the direct usb connection for the pedals won't work for PS4. So using the PS2 connection on the T500 is the way to go, but what do I need to use to get the Fanatec pedals running through/with the T500?

Thanks

Back